Go Bottom Go Bottom

know International brand rotary mowers

View my Photos
smallfields
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-03          115896

Thanks again for the excellent advice about purchasing a used finish mower. I am also resurecting my old, broken 5-foot rotary deck. Am wondering if there might be some parts source, manual-availability, or other info around for this old INTERNATIONAL brand deck. Or am I on my own with Tractor Supply Co. and generic replacement parts?

It's rusty, red, and has a faded white INTERNATIONAL sticker on the side rail. I can't locate a serial or model number, but know they're there somewhere. It's heavy-as-hell compared to the new ones I considered replacing it with. No idea how old it is. Is this INTERNATIONAL associated with the old Farmall International brands? Anyone know of a successor company?

Also, I'm gonna have to get the blades of this thing sometime without herniating evry disc in my spine -- but that's another posting. . . .

Thanks in advance -sdf

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-03          115898

I used to own a Cub 154 Lo Boy with a 60 inch belly mower. For the most part the only place I could find parts was at the Case/IH dealer. Even then, every year that passed by, more and more parts would be categorized as obsolete and no longer manufactured. Every now and then, Tractor Supply Center had a few parts for this machine.

What kind of parts will you be looking for? ....

View my Photos
smallfields

2005-09-03          115902

Would like to find an "A" frame (think that's the term); at least one replacement blade; shaft boot; grease fittings; and and any manuals I can locate.

Also need one of those "U"-shaped doodads that pivot at the top of the A-frame and attach to the long bar at the center-top of my 3-point hitch. Sorry, don't know what this stuff is called. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-03          115904

I have an red international brush chopper IM502 that you see advertised in Tarheel tractor on this web site. I wonder if that is the same company. I have never managed to find a website for the company that produces these mowers. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-03          115905

Sound like you may have an old IM-500. If so, it's from International Machinery Corp (IMC), not Case/IH.

Those parts you describe are all pretty generic. Don't see much reason to search farther than TSC. The one I had just came with a pamphlet. No manual or serial number

The name of the "doodad" is a floating toplink bracket. The long bar is your toplink.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-09-04          115908

Same here Greg, I bought my IM502 from a couple of famous old reputable gents in my area. When I shelled out the money and asked for the paperwork one of them shuffles off into the office for about 1/2 hour and then returns with a couple of sheets with greasy finger prints all over them. If these guys weren't so well known I would have balked. ....

View my Photos
jessieatDN

2007-05-09          141959

I work at DN Equipment and we sell almost all of the parts for the International Rotary Cutters. If you are still needing parts let me know.
Jessica ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login