Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford F-350 oil leak

View my Photos
circlediron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-23          189740

I own a Ford F 350 diesel. It has a slight drip of oil. Have been told by a diesel engine mechanic that probably the leak is most likley not from the engine and that the best to do is get under and try to see where the leak is coming from. will someone tell me the best way to find the leak. Also will someone tell me the procedure should be to change the rear end oil. thanks to anyone for this info.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford F-350 oil leak

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-23          189742

In the matter of the oil leak, turbulence will push the oil around so it is difficult to find. Clean the area well with a pressure washer and drive it around or idle it for a few minutes, blow baby powder on it to see where the leak shows up again.

In the matter of the rear end, most rear ends have a drain on the bottom and a filler plug halfway up the housing. With the owners manual find which oil you need, drain the old oil and put the new in. Also, check for any additives it may require if it is limited slip. ....

Ford F-350 oil leak

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-24          189750

In the vast majority of cases a slight oil leak on those trucks is a weep at the rear main seal.

It's a very well known issue.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login