Go Bottom Go Bottom

2000 F-450 4x4 Dump Truck

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-26          187077

I finally bought myself a dump truck. After years of moving gravel, manure, sand, firewood, branches, remodeling materials, etc.....I thought it was high time that I find myself a way of doing things a whole lot easier and faster.

Dump trucks are something most people never own, but wish they had. I considered purchasing a dump trailer, but the room needed to swing a trailer and the towing vehicle into a tight spot made such a purchase seem useless to me.

I was lucky enough to find a used 2000 F-450 dump truck at auction. It's a commercial vehicle, which had undergone yearly DOT inspections. It came with all new tires, new brakes, perfect glass, and a very good Ford 7.3 liter diesel.

I especially like the 4-way contractor style dump box. The end gate opens at the top or bottom. Bottom opening is used for spreading gravel or sand while on the move. Top opening is used for dumping a full load in place. Both sides fold down for use when loading and off-loading pallets from either side.

The F-450 dump is rated for 15000 pounds. 11,000 rear axle. 6000 pound front axle......or a total of 15,000 lbs gross vehicle weight.

The truck came with 4x4, electric/hydraulic dump, manual windows and locks, air conditioning, good heat, block heater, dual batteries, automatic transmission, and a high-output alternator. 139,000 miles on the truck. Other than the drivers seat, the truck is excellent condition and runs like a top.

See picture #15 under my profile.

Joel

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-26          187078

Looks like a nice clean truck. It sure would be handy to have one of those now and then. Is the door logo yours or did it come with the truck?

I'd love to have a dump truck along with a flatbed tow truck and a 45 foot boom lift. But with more toys comes more expense and maintenance so I just pony up extra for rentals or delivery as needed.

View my Photos
candoarms

2013-05-26          187083

Kwschumm,

Most people would agree with you, but things are very much different where I live. There is no such thing as rentals.....at least not within 120 miles of me.

The truck is very clean and it runs like a top. I was lucky enough to find it on an online auction. The auctioneer posted some 30 pictures of it, plus two videos with sound. I was able to see and hear the engine run, the hoist operate, etc. If not for the numerous photos and videos, I never would have made a bid on it.

The logo belongs to the previous owner. He was kind enough to meet me on the day I picked up the truck. He pointed out the freshly installed complete set of new tires, new wiper blades, newly replaced light bulbs, etc. This truck is like new......with the exception of the badly torn driver side seat. I can live with that.

When I asked why the truck was being disposed of, he pointed across the street to show me his entirely new fleet of company vehicles.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login