Go Bottom Go Bottom

2001 Ford F150

View my Photos
abcdefghijkl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-31          165378

I have a six cylinder engine. During cold weather the oil pressure doesn't work until the engine gets warm. I have had a compression check and it is good. What could be the problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2001 Ford F150

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-31          165379

Not sure a compression test does any testing for oil pressure but have been wrong before.

You are able to get the engine warm when cold so it must have oil pressure to run that long, right?
Have you had oil pressure sending unit tested or replaced? How about guage? You are using correct engine oil? So could the bypass valve be open while cold and then closing when it warms?

A few years back my wife had a Bronco with a V 6. One cold night she said it was making noise. I had her crank it up and boy was it, rattled right bad. She did not realize what the oil guage was for or meant. OK she learned that night. Hauled it to garage the next day. They took oil pan off and found nothing wrong and oil pump working fine. They said there must have been something in there preventing the bypass from closing to keep the oil pressure up. No damage and it "fixed" itself. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login