Mahindra pricing versus JD Kabota NH etc: Farming Ranching Agriculture  -- General Tractor Discussion Forum and Review Mahindra pricing versus JD Kabota NH etc: Farming Ranching Agriculture -- General Tractor Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Farming Ranching Agriculture Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-29-2003, 19:13 Post: 48383
THinVa

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Mahindra pricing versus JD,Kabota,NH, etc

I just started looking at tractors and like most people I'm on a budget. I was looking at JD790, Kubota 2600DT, Boomer TC29D, KubotaL2600, Mahindra2810 and the Century all 4WD with FEL. I liked the last two because of their weights, which is more than any of the 3 top compacts. I was expecting the Mahindra and Century to be less expensive then any of the other above mentioned makes but the local dealer in Virginia priced them about the same (within $500)Price=14800w/FEL. Does this sound right???

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

01-30-2003, 00:30 Post: 48389
soarkrebel

THinVa , i bought a kubota L3000dt w/ FEL,woods BB60C, disc and boxblade for about $300 more than you can get the mahindra for. Shop around some more. you can get a better deal than that. i didnt rush and i think that helped.
also for me i thought about what tractors have been around . i never considered a brand i hadnt any knowledge of. for me it was between kubota , new holland, and john deere. i saw some massey fergusons i would have considered one.
I stopped today at a guy that sells implements in his front yard. i was looking at some blades he had and he had a mitsubishi tractor. he said he can't get rid of it.
I just thought about who was going to be around in a few years before i paid good money for something.

01-30-2003, 08:39 Post: 48405
marklugo

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The Mahindra was Korean built tractor so was the century. Mahindra now has the Indian built comapcts available for a great savings. As far as Quality, the Koreans especially in the Branson and Century (KUKJE) line are exceeding that of Kubota. They are building heavier tractors and are making them with the same features that are found in Kubota. They also stock more parts stateside than the big orange.

01-30-2003, 09:13 Post: 48407
wdbg1046

Filter by User

I bought a Century 2028 with FEL for $15000. I have owned Kubota and NH. This machine out performes both of them in all respects. The 2028 came without the draft control ; I complained and they gave me a 3035 for $325.00 more. All the while letting me use the 2028 until the 3035 came in.

01-30-2003, 10:19 Post: 48411
wdbg1046

Filter by User

Correction: It was a 2535 not a 2028.

01-30-2003, 14:46 Post: 48419
THinVa

Filter by User

Thanks for all the input. I know that Century and Mahindra don't have the name recognigtion like that of the big three. Century just looks better made then the others; and Mahindra matchs if not exceeds the others in the manufactures specs, plus they have a great finance deal. I would appreciate any negative input involving Mahindra or Century I started looking at the compact tractors with no preconceived ideas of which was better. The dealers in this area have excellent reputations for service but I think all their tractors are more expensive than elsewhere. How far from home does anyone recommend to go to find the better deal.

01-30-2003, 21:22 Post: 48441
DavesTractor

Filter by User

Century and Branson are both built in South Korea by Kukje. Kind of like Chevy and GMC pickups, you won't find much difference. Loaders are different, but both are real nice. Check them out as well.

01-31-2003, 05:20 Post: 48452
wdbg1046

Filter by User

When you look at Mahindra be sure to notice where the fuel pump and fuel lines are located. Getting on and off a Century was easier than the Mahindra, the deck seemed to have more room.

02-11-2003, 14:09 Post: 49062
Jim Flower
2003-02-11 00:00:00

Heavier and better built than JD and Kubota? I don't think so. I think someone is relying to much on specs and not on common sense. Figures never lie, but liers figure they say. I remember in year past the big thing was "Oh JD weighs more than Bota" and blah blah blah. In the specs they did, but of course you find out later that the Deere was weighed as "field ready" whatever that means. Wheels on and loaded, operator in seat, full tank of fuel, other weight added, who knows for sure what else. The bota's were weighed without wheels or anything. It was all a big marketing game for JD. They seem to be getting away from that now with the new brochures I've seen and what do you know, they are getting lighter too.

You'd better do some test driving and demoing before you buy something from a brochure. Do some serious research before you buy anything. I got an Kubota M9000 and opted for the ALO Quicke loader. Turns out they are OEM in Canada and there are some really nice features that the kubota FEL doesn't offer. The same loader on a JD costs more...why? Cause you have to buy a subframe for the JD. They aren't built as tough is the reason ALO gives.

Either way, JD, NH, and Bota will be around a long time. They control around 80-85% of the market and all the other guys are fighting over the table scraps. Parts and Service won't be a problem anywhere. That is a bunch of crap about the big orange not stocking as many parts over here. What a joke. Maybe they break down so much they HAVE to keep more parts, but I doubt it.

IF YOU SKIMMED THIS HERE'S THE BOTTOM LINE:
Try them ALL out. Really try them out, don't just drive them a little. Push into some heavy piles, pull some heavy attachments, do some heavy work. Don't buy from a brochure.

02-11-2003, 15:20 Post: 49070
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

There is good weight and bad weight for tractors. To much is bad as it costs you fuel every time you move. To much weight added might exceed the manufactureres recommendations and hurt the life of the drive train. The least weight that can get the job done on any chassis is the best.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Farming Ranching Agriculture Forum

Thread 48383 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | Chief 1 | DavesTractor 2 | DK35vince 1 | DRankin 2 | EvetsNielk 1 | Jim Flower 1 | lamarbur 1 | marklugo 7 | Pacesetter 11 | Peters 2 | slowrev 5 | soarkrebel 1 | THinVa 7 | wdbg1046 3 | Woodbeef 3 |

Most Viewed

+ Online Used tractor price guide
+ dump truck or dump trailer
+ Do you lend your tractor?
+ Just installed a Pat's Quick Hitch - Some comments
+ ever thought about moving?
+ Best Manure Spreaders Review
+ TRACTOR TAX WRITE/OFF
+ Hobby Farm Harvesting Equipment
+ It's raining INSIDE my new Pole Barn!
+ Subsoiler in pasture

Most Discussion