Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4066 with Backhoe attachment question

View my Photos
KYFarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-05-26          192837

I'm starting our retirement farm, so I'm new to all of it!! I have a JD 4066R with Power Beyond hydraulics and a backhoe attachment. Worked fine when delivered. I removed the backhoe and did a lot of other work. When reconnecting the backhoe I disconnected the power beyond hose while tractor was running. It made a sucking kind of sound and I immediately turned the tractor off. finished connecting the hoe, and none of my hydraulics worked. 3pt hitch, loader, nothing. took it all off, reconnected normal hoses and tractor functions were normal. Any thoughts? Did I get air into my system or something? I haven't tried to reattach the hoe. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Carolinablue

2015-05-27          192839

Sounds like you might have air in your lines. You'll have to connect her up and just keep working the hydraulics until the air moves out.....just my opinion. ....

View my Photos
KYFarm

2015-05-27          192840

Thank you! I really didn't know how to get the air out (if there is some) and figured there was some process to follow to bleed the lines. But if it's just a matter of working it till the air is out, I'll give that a shot. Learning something new every minute! It's gonna be a couple weeks before I get back to our farm (damn full time job! :-) ) But I'll post a response as soon as I can try it. Thanks again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login