Go Bottom Go Bottom

Winter Storm

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-22          194356

well my Northern friends we have had the rain here today that was sleet a little North of us and to be major snow towards the middle Atlantic of the USA. Be safe and have fun running your snow blowers.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Winter Storm

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-24          194359

Got snow in just one storn ....

Picture Link
Everything and Anything Winter Storm

Winter Storm

View my Photos
Murf

2016-01-24          194366

You wanna borrow a machine Dennis?

It makes short work of a driveway. :-)

You wanna borrow a machine Dennis?<br>
<br>
It makes short work of a driveway. :-)<br>
<br>
[p]http://tractorpoint.com/ctb/memberPhotos/murf21.jpg[/p] ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-01-26          194371

Interesting tractor there Murf. I am assuming the operator's station rotates for operation? So it has a Rear End Loader on it with a blade I assume you can change the angle with the hyds while using it. The blade is it 10 feet long? ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-01-26          194375

Wish had taken picture of our snow Saturday AM when we got up. My wife told me it snowed and I looked out window and said where. Well it had but only lasted on raised surfaces. A good very light coat. But boy Saturday was cold (FOR US). It began cold and was pleased to remain there. Wind chill had to remain in the 20's all day. I am not jealous of those who live in heavy snow area.

Question, our fields are very wet here and very few fields can any machine stand up in and many even cross without leaving strong ruts. How with snow on the ground are you able to judge how wet or soft a field is? Is it normally cold enough the ground is frozen enough to support weight or is just must know the ground or you test it carefully or all of these? ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2016-01-26          194377

Buried RAV4 ....

Picture Link

Winter Storm

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2016-01-26          194378

Making progress.

Picture Link

Winter Storm

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-01-27          194384

That would be a real test for the defroster systems.

Is the snow melting now? We are to be mid to upper 60's this weekend. Oh the beaches will be full! lol ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
Murf

2016-01-27          194386

Hi Kenny, yes, this is a true bi-directional tractor. It's an older one, semi-retired now. It's worked very well and I've got 2 newer ones now.

Because of the easy confusion they don't use front / rear with these tractors, they refer to the 'cab end' or the 'engine end'. The cab is rather unique, the steering wheel, console and seat are a one piece swivelling component. When you 'reverse' the station the steering and direction controls reverse also, so 'forwards' is still forwards. It has a 3pth, PTO and remotes on each end. That blade is a power angle & tilt 12' blade. Floatations isn't much of an issue up here most of the year, in fact I use that unit to clear the turf airstrip at my little airport. The ground is frozen solid 3' down.

The really nice part is that with things like 3pth devices such as a forestry mulcher, our main use for it originally, you are sitting facing forwards and looking down on the work like you would in a combine.

Best of luck. ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2016-01-29          194401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 194366
You wanna borrow a machine Dennis?It makes short work of a driveway. :-)[QUOTE=Murf;194366] You wanna borrow a machine Dennis?It makes short work of a driveway. :-)[p]http://tractorpoint.com/ctb/memberPhotos/murf21.jpg[/p] </div>

</td>
	</tr>
	</table>
	</td></tr></table>

<br>
<br>
Murf,<br>
<br>
That looks like a terrific snow machine.<br>
<br>
Last winter was one of the worst ever snow seasons in the northeast. Since last year I have noticed a big increase in new or addon implements for enhanced heavy snow removal here in NJ. Vastly different than in years gone by.  <br>
<br>
It looks like the snow removal contractors have gone way over the top to correct for last winters difficulties.  Based on last winter many companies buying snow removal services  may have switched to fixed price contracts, which up to last weekend were sweet deals for the contractors, lots of HUGE idle machines and no labor. It is my guess that fixed price contracts may have funded the better fancier rigs, or at least I hope so.  If they were charging by the event maght be some good prices on snow rigs come spring.<br>
<br>
Dennis [/QUOTE]

Murf,

That looks like a terrific snow machine.

Last winter was one of the worst ever snow seasons in the northeast. Since last year I have noticed a big increase in new or addon implements for enhanced heavy snow removal here in NJ. Vastly different than in years gone by.

It looks like the snow removal contractors have gone way over the top to correct for last winters difficulties. Based on last winter many companies buying snow removal services may have switched to fixed price contracts, which up to last weekend were sweet deals for the contractors, lots of HUGE idle machines and no labor. It is my guess that fixed price contracts may have funded the better fancier rigs, or at least I hope so. If they were charging by the event maght be some good prices on snow rigs come spring.

Dennis ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
Murf

2016-01-30          194405

There's been a quantum shift in snow removal in the last few years, both public and private work. I was at a snow removal conference last fall, this was the subject of the keynote speaker.

The days of people be willing to wait for ANYTHING is long gone. It's all about instant, there's an App. for that, gratification.

Likewise, people are no longer willing to wait for snow to be cleared away, they want pre-melt product applied in advance, they want a constant parade of removal equipment moving around during the snow event, and finally clean-up that leaves as little evidence of the event as possible.

The bigger the equipment the faster the clean-up.

One of our big winter contracts has always been a large shopping mall, we've been doing that site since the early 90's. For years the marching orders were 'no snow removal equipment moving during business hours. Then it became clean ups during 'non-peak hours' were ok, but nowhere near customers or vehicles / pedestrians.

Today it's 'keep the place clean, spotlessly clean, 24 / 7' or else'. In fact the mall security staff have radios and can (and DO) talk directly to our operators. "Clean up in Aisle 3 please!"

Best of luck. ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
Murf

2016-01-31          194422

So in a strange twist of irony, today, January 31st, the Mercury hit 51 deg. F. today in the Toronto area.

Now I'm looking for a squeegee to mount to the plow blade.

Best of luck. ....

Winter Storm

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-02-01          194424

Murf I wonder if the can not wait attitude is world wide or just in the western world. It creates major debt and in turn stress and family and company failures.

Got something to tell them, God demands patience and is not up for being ordered around. I wonder if some of such as the floods our state faced was due to our sins as a people.

I did chuckle at the clean up order. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login