PTO attachments: Cub Cadet  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review PTO attachments: Cub Cadet -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Cub Cadet Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-03-2003, 17:32 Post: 46905
rabidem1

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 PTO attachments

OK I have my CC 7265. I'm very happy with it and still am pursuing a cheaper filter source.
In the meantime, I'm considering the purchase of a post hole digger and a wood chipper for the PTO. I haven't gotten real serious yet, just sniffing around. Any suggetions or words of wisdom? Hoping someone has some good advice on performance of the tractor with these attachments and some recommendations on brand and cost.

Mark

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-04-2003, 06:09 Post: 46927
TomG

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 PTO attachments

I think there is discussion in the archives about some brands of PHA and chippers.

Augers usually are rated by the diameter bit they take although smaller bits usually are available. HP requirements are related to the bit size. However, larger augers tend to have longer booms as well. Longer booms enable an auger to dig deeper, but the 3ph on a compact with low ground clearance may not be able to lift high enough to get the bit off the ground. Many augers have a set of three mounting positions for the yoke on the boom that adjusts height of the bit. I have a 12" auger on my Ford 1710 (24 pto hp). The ground clearance is OK in the mid-mount position. It'll drill 4' if I put the gearbox in the hole. I haven't felt a need for a down-pressure kit.

14" augers are fairly standard on farms around here. They dig deep enough for pole buildings without resorting to extensions and the extra diameter allows more room for truing and plumbing poles. A 14" auger probably wouldn't fit my 1710.

My wife and I are discussing chippers again. Good-sized ones with shredders tend to be expensive (especially if they have hydraulic feed), and we can take brush to a nearby landfill without tippage fees anyway. The thing is that I never seem to get around to actually taking brush to the dump and we have piles of it here and there in our bush. So now we're thinking that all that stuff chipped up with some nitrogen fertilizer would make a good addition to our compost pile. Renting a chipper for a week seems like a good idea since we'd probably only use it for a few days every few years.

A 3" chipper/shredder for my 24 pto hp tractor seems a good match. However, the fact that it takes 3" material doesn't mean it takes it fast and there'd also be some chain-saw work needed to get material that's clean enough to feed. Without a hydraulic feed, it would take a lot of time standing and feeding the chipper. Maybe trips to the dump aren't such a bad idea --besides the dump is sort of a social drop in centre.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Cub Cadet Forum

Thread 46905 Filter by Poster:
rabidem1 1 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200
+ Cub Cadet 2130 Transmission Trouble
+ Cub Cadet 7274 specifications?
+ Cub Cadet 7205 PTO clutch problem (?)