Go Bottom Go Bottom

Changing Hydraulic Fluid in a 7275

View my Photos
infobiker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-02          192251

My 10 year old Cub Cadet 7275 with 175 hrs suddenly stopped last week while rototilling my orchard. All hydraulics quit and fluid started running out on my feet. I turned off engine and removed front panel and a rubber hose inside had come disconnected and oil was gushing out of it?! Guess it just worked loose over the years, but I will keep an eye in the future on it just in case. Anyway, it's time more or less to change the filters and fluid. I ordered them the same day and received them today so it's time to do the job. The manual makes it look pretty straight forward, but friends with other makes of tractors have cautioned me to make sure I bleed air out of the system while adding the fluid. The Cub Cadet manual says nothing about such a procedure. Does anyone have any idea if such a procedure is required for the 7275, and, if so, how does one do it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
46bugs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-03-03          192252

I don't think you have anything to worry about any air in your lines just changed you Fluid and filtter and you can be n your way.
Your tractor is about a 20 H.P.

When I changed my 50 and 55 H.P Tractor all I do is changed the hydraulic fluid and filter and start the tractor and lift the arms on tractor ,This will get you fluids moving into your system. ....

View my Photos
infobiker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-03          192256

Thanks for answer 46bugs. I'll proceed according to manual and assume I'm doing it right. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2015-03-03          192262

Infobiker,

Bugs has it right. You've got nothing to worry about. Just replace your filter and fluids and go.

A few things to consider.....

Many of these smaller tractors have several drain plugs that need to be removed. Make sure you identify all of the drain ports.

Once you've got it back together and the new fluids are in, starting and operating the tractor is done as usual, with few exceptions.

Most manufacturers state that after fluid changes are performed, you should run the tractor at low idle rpms until all of your hydraulic systems are functioning properly. You don't want to spin an empty hydraulic pump at high speeds, as the hydraulic fluid is also a pump lubricant.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
infobiker

2015-03-03          192264

Thanks Joel ....

View my Photos
infobiker

2015-03-04          192275

Tractor up and running following manual instructions and you guys suggestions. Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
46bugs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-03-04          192277

I'M Glad, This is a great Tractor repair site, Most of us on here have had something that didn't work as it should, And we have members who can help. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2015-03-04          192279

We're always willing to help. The more members we have, the better we get, as a group, at helping others.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login