Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7205 front snow blade

View my Photos
cobraman428
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-06          189456

Hi,
Got a Cub Cadet 7205 compact 4x4. would like to add a front snow blade. No power angle. Prefer pin style. Any suggestions? thanks,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
paulmo

2014-03-06          189458

If your tractor has a quick attach loader bucket, and if your able to locate an older plow blade that can move left to right, and if you can weld alittle bit,
there is a quick attach mounting plate that you can get through Northern Tool.
you can weld it up with a few braces and your good to go.

I had that exact set up, but where I live is off pavement with pretty rough roads and I'd gouge the roadway sometimes due to the tractor and blade overall length. I ended up selling the plow and now I just use the loader bucket
Hope this helps alittle! ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-06          189459

cobraman428,

My son installed a blade on the front of his Chevy pickup. It attaches to a front mount receiver hitch.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd try it out on my Kubota. It hooks right up to my front receiver hitch and works like a charm, though it is wider than my little Kubota can handle. You could narrow the front blade if you had to, however.

The following video is a review done by an owner of the Snow Sport Plow. You might want to watch this one, as well as few others. It requires no hydraulics, or electrical connections. It's a 100% mechanical device.

Hope this helps.

Joel

Link:   Snow Sport Plow

View my Photos
paulmo

2014-03-06          189462

Joel,

I realy like that plow, simple and easy to use. The one I mentioned in my previous post was an old meyers plow, quite heavy , and due to the irregularity in our roads it was just too difficult to use.
The overall length of both tractor and plow was about 16'
Like driving a board down the road! ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-06          189463

Paulmo,

I understand that they make smaller versions to fit the Jeep and possibly some other smaller vehicles.

It's a neat little plow, but I wouldn't attempt to move large snow drifts with it, or even previously moved frozen piles.

After using it on my tractor, I believe in areas of the country where the snow melts away several times during the winter, it would be a fantastic solution to snow removal chores.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login