Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 2500 series

View my Photos
AbbasChild
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-10          169083

Hi--

I have about 2 acres of grass/lawn to cut and have been looking at the CC 2500 series Lawn/Garden tractor. I recently purchased a NH T2210 with FEL(aka TC31DA, 2030) to do most of the brush hog work in the pastures, clearing snow, pulling logs/downed trees, moving rocks, etc. The lawn I would cut is around a double-wide on a foundation, some landscaping trees/bushes and our sand mound--so I did not want to bring the 3500 pound NH around these items.

Will the CC 2500 be OK for this job? Esp. on some of the slopes?

I would love to get a small, sub-compact tractor, with a diesel engine, like the NH 1020 or the Kubota BX1860. Both with FWD and more options to expend in the future. Do you think they would be overkill for the grass we will be cutting? I am sure I could find other cores to do with it. If money was no object, I would buy one of the subcompact tractors.

Are there other lawn/garden tractors or small horse power diesel tractors I should consider?

(The dealer I bought the NH 2010 from also sells CC.)

THANKS for any input!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet 2500 series

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-11          169113

Unless your NH has ag tires (it's not so much the weight as the tires), I'd try it on the grass with a view to getting a mower for it, especially if you might increase your lawn-size over time. Otherwise, I'd get a walk-behind mower for a low-three-figure amount, or at most a mowing garden tractor for a low-four-fig amount. A second utility tractor for that work would be overkill. ....

Cub Cadet 2500 series

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-11          169125

I agree with lawn mower. Having said that have used tractors of heavier weight with ag tires on more than one lawn with little issue for cutting grass. If wet they left ruts from the lugs but that was it. More damage came from sharp turns with the front tires. ....

Cub Cadet 2500 series

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-03-11          169129

I have a TC33D with R-4s and use it in my business to cut 6 acres with a 3Pt finish mower. It only leaves tire marks when the grass (over clay) is very saturated--just walking on it will do the same thing.

And yes it's overkill; at the least redundant. ....

Cub Cadet 2500 series

View my Photos
AbbasChild
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-12          169138

Thank you everyone for your input. You helped to confirm my thoughts.

Right or wrong I do have R4s on the NH T2210. I use it to navigate some steep climbs through woods and to pastures we have in a valley. I have no problems on the slopes. I do tend to create tread marks when the grass is wet--like now--as we have precious little top soil on good ol' Pennsylvania clay!

I will likely get the CC 2554 to do the lawn--but I may push it off and see how I do with my current walk behind mower. I have no intention of making more lawn--I am trying to find was to make more pasture or woods or areas of tall warm season grasses that I won't have to mow.

Thanks again!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login