Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-07          146617

I have three acres, i just purchased a Cub/Yanmar ex3200. I understand it is new to the market so I can not find any reviews on the tractor. I looked at john deere and Kubota. I wanted a 28 hp engine because i thought the b series might be too small.Once I saw the cub and the 32 hp engine and the price, I felt it was the way to go. Does any body have any thoughts on this model?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-08          146632

Why don't you tell us, as you gain experience with it. Though announced a year ago, it only recently became available, so you're likely the only one on this newsgroup that has one. You mentioned a good price. May we ask what it cost?

CC is a good firm, that has long used components made elsewhere. From the photos I've seen, it's certainly attractive and practical-looking. Good luck with it. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-08          146633

Dmccarthy,

I forget who posted the info on the new Cub ex3200 recently, but I was fairly impressed with the features, appearance, and horsepower offering.

As far as I know, you're the only person on this board to own one.

Please keep us informed. I'd like to know what you think of it.

Would you please tell us which attachments you picked out, if any?

Thanks.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-08          146641

I posted the info from above, and yes it is all true. What impressed me most was the HP packed into the small size. I would really be impressed if they took $2000 off the tag- but oh well. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-08          146645

dmccarthy,
I should have mentioned that when I finally get around to buying my own machine, this new CC will be in the top 5 I consider. That being said, I will be very interested in how yours is doing. Any chance you are going to be putting a snow plow on the front? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-09          146715

I just purchased the tractor and loader. I would have liked to get the hoe but it isn't practicle for me. I would likely did up the yard. It's just a great tool. My neighbor has an old 1952 case industrial. He does not use it much but when he needs it, it performs well. I might get the box tiller and the rake in the future. I'll keep you posted on the performance ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-09          146716

Sounds like the dealerships havent gotten around to offering these thing in packages yet. I will need to wait for my local dealer to offer the 3200 with a trailer and a couple of implements. Hey, for those of you folks up north-what kind of package deals are typically available? Down here in North Texas all the deals seem to include a brush hog, auger and box blade. Don't get me wrong, all are nice to have but I would rather have a snow plow, rear blade and auger- now that's a nice package. But, the back hoe would be very nice as well. Do you know what they were charging? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-09          146720

Kleinchris,

I wasn't aware of any such thing as a package deal, until I started searching through the auctions on ebay. It seems that many dealers in the South offer package deals. Up here, there is no such thing.

The package deals I've seen usually include the cheapest implements a person could buy. The only nice thing about the dealers down in Texas, is that they often supply a very decent 16ft flatbed trailer to haul the whole works home on.

Still can't find a Cub Cadet dealer within 512 miles of me. Minneapolis seems to be the closest........9 hours from here, one way. I'd really like to take a little ride around the parking lot on that new EX3200, but I'm not about to drive 18 hours to do it!

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-09          146722

Tractor package deals are pretty common down here. Every week the dealerships put out new newspaper ads- you are right sometimes the attachments are pretty cheap, however, John Deere does do alot of stuff with Frontier. I hadn't put two and two together about a common deal until someone here, it might have been you mentioned it- The inclusion of heavy wieght items, probably to keep the costomer from returning his tractor when it feels like its about to tip over with a full FEL.
The 16 foot trailer is very coomon- I am wondering if I could get by with a 14 footer if I kept the FEL above the tongue and kept some weight on the 3PH to keep weight on the trailer axles. Anybody do this? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-10          146767

I looked at kubota and deere. The used (2003) deere with 250 hrs and 28 horse was more than the ex3200. I paid 15,400 for the loader and tractor, with ny tax it was 16,700. I drove the deere and then the cub. I'm not putting the Deere down but the Cub really impressed me. Remember, I have very little expirence with tractors. I've had one, and it was an international cub low boy 154.Used it for 18 years. Sold it and three years later decided I needed a tractor with a bucket loader. The wheel barrow just does not cut it anymore. Just got the call that it will be delivered tomorrow. I'll keep you posted time to time. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-10-10          146768

Good Luck! I am sure you will be pleased. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-10          146770

Dmccarthy,

Congratulations. I hope you're happy with the new tractor, and I'm sure you will be. That new Cub really impresses me.

I look forward to reading your reviews.

Just be careful. New tractor owners should read the Ten Commandments on tractor safety. It's available, free of charge, in many places around the net. Kubota has it posted on their website, as do most others. I encourage you to read it over. It's all common sense....but even so, I look it over a couple of times each year.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
retjefe

2007-10-12          146871

Kleinchris,

I'm new here (mainly due to looking into buying a Yanmar/Cub Cadet. I live in Washington state. I'm looking at an Ex3200 with loader and backhoe for $22,000 ($16,000 with just the loader). For that price you get a 9" hoe bucket. I will probably upgrade to a 12" bucket and a set of clamp-on digging teeth for the loader. The one I'm looking at is sitting next to a JD 790 (27 HP). The Yanmar is just a liitle shorter and has a wheel base that's not quite as wide but looks every bit as tough. The JD with hoe is ~$27,000. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-10-12          146872

Yanmar? And Cub Cadet? Wow.

I have had two Yanmar tractors that Deere painted green. Both were (and one still is) top notch, trouble-free machines.

I knew Deere got out of bed with Yanmar but I didn't know where Yanmar went. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-10-12          146873

"The one I'm looking at is sitting next to a JD 790"

That 790 is also a Yanmar, painted green. It is not nearly as nice or up to date as the EX 3200. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-12          146881

retjefe,
that price seems steep, but I guess they all start to get up there when you throw on the hoe. Also, all back hoes seem expensive until you have a pipe freeze and break under frozen soil... and then they're worth every penny. The price you gave for just the machine was dead on to the unit I saw in McKinney, TX. They didn't have a back hoe, actually, I think they had just pulled the thing off the truck because the salemen knew very little about them. I will be very interested in how that hoes does.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kuldaddy

2007-10-13          146912

I just bought a Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex3200 as well. I was comparing it to the Kioti CK series. I don't actually pick it up until next Friday, so hopefully I will be able to add more afterwords. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-13          146916

I just spent three hours on mine. I'm not an expert but I like it. My neighbor who was and operating engineer for 40 years ran it for 1/2 hour and said "I like it but".... The only issue he had was that he couldn't see the bottom of the bucket. Other than that he said he buy one.I don't know any better but dosen't seem like anything I can't get used to. Good luck.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Art White

2007-10-14          146974

I think he wants a skid steer not a compact! ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Nolat1114

2007-10-19          147150

Greetings! Just joined Tractor Point looking for like minded individuals (ie tractor junkies). I have 45 hours on my EX3200 and have been very impressed with the tractor. I got the 18 month no interest no payment deal and went with the FEL and hoe. I have excavated numerous stumps and have only had problems with large oak stumps. I have also started excavating for a basement level two car garage. I have only had the tractor for about a month but it has doen everything I have asked of it. The hoe is really nice and is a very good counter weight. I paid 24,000 for the tractor with FEL and hoe. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-19          147152

Nolat1114
45 hrs in a month? At your current rate, you only have 111 more months on that tractor before it's done- at least that is point of view of alot of folks around here. Keep us up to date as to how your new tractor is holding up. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
mleemlee

2007-10-20          147175

I have an old 1984 850 deere good machine. Just not what I need for the land that I have. Please give us some updates on this ex 3200 I want one real bad. I bought a M60 Cub cadet tank and a cub leaf blower. I have changed brand since this purchase. Let us know. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-21          147189

Well, I happy to hear the reviews so far. I now officially have 6 hrs on my EX 3200. Little disappointed today because it's raining. So I spent the afternoon mounting two lights on the rops. I noticed I needed some light at the back end and with the rops in the down position the two spots work out great. Once I get the blower for the front, and swing the rops up, the additional light will be nice. I have a friend who is looking for a tractor with a hoe. He looked at the Ex3200 and liked it but said the Deere has more digging power. I'll let him know you seem to be happy with yours. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kuldaddy

2007-10-21          147190

Finally picked mine up on Friday and used it for a couple hours yesterday, mostly the shredder and a little with the FEL. I mowed about an acre and moved some crushed concrete. Worked great!!

More reports to follow. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-21          147192

Seems like there are alot of folks out there with this new tractor- would you guys mind telling us what you paid? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-21          147194

I paid 15,400 before nystate tax. 16,800 with tax. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-21          147203

Just to add something concerning a discussion I had with the local New Holland dealer over the weekend.......

It seems that there are at least a few people who question the logic of placing a 32 horsepower engine in a small tractor the size of the Cub Cadet EX3200.

The area of concern has to do with traction. More engine power does not necessarily convert to more pulling power. Increases in pulling power (horsepower at the hitch) requires traction......ie, more weight, as well as more engine power. The EX3200 is fairly light. Therefore, more engine power will not result in more pulling power at the hitch.

While all of the above is certainly true, there are few people who purchase compact tractors for the purpose of pulling heavy field implements. For those of us who use compact tractors, a little more horsepower comes in very handy when tilling, mowing, chipping tree limbs, and blowing snow........none of which require additional traction.

The EX3200 would be a perfect match for any 5 foot tiller. It will easily handle any 60 inch snowblower. And when mowing with a brush mower, it will easily handle any 5 or 6 foot model.

It is true that adding the additional horsepower won't do any good when attaching a plow, or any other ground-engaging implement......unless a whole lot of extra weight is added to the tractor to aid in traction......but how many of us would ever attempt to pull a three-bottom plow, or an 8 foot disk?

The point being made by the New Holland dealer is not to be overlooked. He makes a very good point. More engine horsepower does not equate to having more traction, or pulling power. However, he failed to point out the advantages offered by the EX3200 when running PTO powered implements.

The biggest advantage to the EX3200 will be had when operate PTO powered hydraulic pumps, water pumps, electrical generators, tree chippers, and other stationary implements. ADVANTAGE CUB CADET!

To get a 32 horsepower engine in the other makes, a person would have to shell out a lot more money......and also end up a with a tractor that is likely much bigger than it needs to be.

I really like the new Cub Cadet. I look forward to seeing the new models released by Kubota over the next few years, as the Cub Cadet EX3200 will surely put a dent in Kubota's market share.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-21          147204

I had noticed to size of this machine and commented on it because I am looking for a certain physical size and weight of tractor for getting it into tight spots, towing from site to site, and storage. Usually, this size that I am looking for, the hp falls between 20 and 27 hp. (Picture if you will a JD 790.) This search had me convinced that I would be purchasing a tractor in that range, and all the attachments for that particular size machine.

Personally, I will be doing alot of snow plowing with a tractor, and I'm sure I won't notice a big difference between a 26 hp machine and a 32. However, when selecting a generator for a tractor, the 32 hp model will probably allow me to buy the next bigger model. Wood chipping is another example, although I doubt a 32 hp chipper would do anything for me. One thing I hanvt checked out with the 3200 is the hydraulic GPM info- I would love to get it up into the 12 GPM range, but I have a feeling it's more like 9. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-10-22          147220

Actually it is a bit UNDERPOWERED!

My 4115 has a base tractor weight of 1700 pounds with a 24 horse engine. That is one HP for every 70 pounds.

Your new Yanmar is 750 pounds heavier and has one pony for every 79 pounds..... ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
crunch

2007-10-22          147224

This ex3200 tractor is 2550 lbs, my 4310 is 2900 I believe. It has the same gross HP as the 4310 but the 4310 has 2 more HP at the PTO at 27. I wonder why the big difference between the gross HP and the PTO HP on the ex3200? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kuldaddy

2007-10-22          147229

dmccarthy,
Did you get the FEL or HOE at that price?

I paid $22K for a package deal of the TLB with 5ft shredder and 5ft box blade. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-23          147254

I purchased the tractor and the fel. I would love to get the hoe, maybe in the future but the price with the hoe and fel would be around 22,000. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Art White

2007-10-24          147305

Joel, I don't understand what you are refering to with the NH dealer, if he looks at the TC31 and the TC33 model both have less weight and use the same chassis compared to the EX3200 Cadet! They are basically the same weight but for a few lbs so I don't understand the concern unless he feels he has something that he doesn't.

Lawn mowing tractors should be from 70 to 90lbs per horsepower, any thing else higher is okay with loader work but in tractor land once we get past 130lbs per horsepower you may have a lot of traction but as far as power you are using to much to move the tractor and efficency is gone as far as the operation and the life of the tractor driveline will be shortened. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-24          147320

I was at the dealer again and they had five of these on the lot, compared to just the one I saw about 4- 5 weeks ago. I saw one with a back hoe which looked pretty well built- not that I really know what to look for- It does look more along the quality level of a Deere 48, much studier than say a Koyker. Here are a couple of more questions for those of you who have one of these: What is the digging depth of the hoe? And, if you didnt get a hoe, did you order any aux hydro lines for the rear of the machine? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-24          147324

Art White,

Me thinks the local New Holland dealer was trying to play the part of salesman. Rather than give the Cub Cadet two thumbs up, he found himself in a position of trying to protect his share of the market. He had to say something negative about the new Cub Cadet, because his income is dependent upon people purchasing New Holland tractors.

I gave the guy the opportunity to defend his line of tractors. He tried........but he didn't convince me in the least.

He is right about a few things. Tire spin is more likely with higher horses and lower weight. Tires aren't cheap. Avoiding tire spin is very important. Spinning the tires is something that might / could happen more often with the new Cub Cadet EX3200, but I really doubt it.

I don't pay much attention to salesmen. It was just a coincidence that the subject came up while I was there getting some parts for my pickup. (The local New Holland dealer also has a Bumper To Bumper auto parts store in the same building.)

He asked me, "What the heck is that thing I saw in your front yard yesterday?" When I told him that I have a Kubota tractor, he asked if I might be interested in trading it in on a New Holland. "No", I told him,..."but I might be willing to trade for the new Cub Cadet EX3200." The conversation took off from there.

By the way, I'm gonna keep my Kubota for at least a few more years before I think about trading. I'm in no big hurry to get rid of the fine little machine I've got.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kuldaddy

2007-10-24          147325

7.5 ft digging depth. I got the hoe, but haven't used it yet.

Link:   Cub Cadet Attachments

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
dmccarthy

2007-10-25          147335

I spoke to my salesman yesterday. I was waiting for him to get back from the factory sales meeting. He informed me that next spring the new 28 horse ex2900 will hit the market. The price will be approx. 1000.00 less than the ex3200 and sized about the same. He feels I got a good deal. I was more interested in the attachments. He said the snow blade will be available in the spring. The snow blower will be ready for next fall and there will be a cab available. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-25          147340

Dmccarthy,

This past July, Yanmar announced that it would be building yet another manufacturing plant in Adairsville, Georgia. (hope I got the spelling correct.) The plant is near completion now, and will be in operation sometime next month. (November 2007)

If I understand the news release properly, it appears that Yanmar will soon have the capacity to build over 100,000 new diesel engines per year, for use in equipment right here in the U.S.

The new plant composes some 200,000 sq. ft. of floor space. Groundbreaking took place in July. This new plant will not be replacing any existing plant, but be in ADDITION to the plant it already has.

Bottom line......the new Cub Cadet series of tractors....though manufactured by a Japanese company, will all be made in the U.S., by U.S. employees.

The new Cub Cadet is not an imported tractor.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-10-25          147363

A $1000 cheaper and about the same size?- Cub Cadet has just moved up on the list I have going on in my head. I told myself I wouldn't spend more than $15000 for a tractor w/ a FEL and a trailer- and I wouldnt go below 24 HP. So, if CC comes out with a new 28HP, I'm getting closer.

Oh, and that 7.5 digging depth is pretty good. Thats about what my JD 48 does- maybe 8. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-31          147587

Just got off the phone with my nearest Cub Cadet dealer (225 miles southwest of here.)

Cub Cadet is launching three new tractors this coming year. In addition to the Ex3200 (32 horses), they will soon be offering 24hp, 27hp, and 29hp versions. (Hope I got that right, but don't quote me.)

The current tractors are made abroad, but soon they'll be coming off assembly lines in Georgia.

Only about 30 dealers were invited to the show Yanmar put on in Cleveland, Ohio, last Spring. Only the invited dealers were allowed to pre-order the new Ex3200. The dealer in Mandan, North Dakota, ordered 3 of them. One has already been sold. He has two remaining, both with loaders. One of the tractors is on the lot, the other remains in the showroom.

I'm looking forward to a test drive.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
ridejd

2007-11-05          147769

In the event anyone is interested... Below are the prices I got from my dealer for the EX3200 and some of the attachments (First price is List and the 2nd price is dealer net):

Tractor only: $15,499 $11,650
Tractor w/FEL: $18,848 $14,200
Tractor FEL & Hoe: $25,545 $19,310 (AG or R4 same price)
Mower Deck: $ 2,199 $ 1,640
FEL: $ 3,199 $ ???
Backhoe: $ 5,499 (But need subframe and Hyd.)
Subframe: $ 799 $ ???
Bucket 13": $ 409 $ ???
Bucket 16": $ 439 $ ???
Mid PTO: $ 459 $ ???

Although turf tires are available they didn't have a separate listing for a Tractor loader and backhoe combination.

I've been looking at buying a used JD, but at these prices the EX3200 looks like a good buy.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-08          148004

Just got back from the local dealer- finally talked price on the 3200. I'm looking at $16,100 with Fel, or $18,000? with a trailer and post hole digger and maybe a hat. Actually, that package would normally come with a brush hog type cutter- but I dont have the use for one.

I do like this machine. Although, they didnt have one on the lot with auxilary hydro ports on the back and they quoted my $700 to add on. Does that sound right? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-08          148006

Kleinchris,

700 for the rear ports isn't bad. Most other companies are asking about 1200 dollars for this option.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-08          148007

Wow, I would have guessed that would be about a $400 option. Is that something a guy who is decently machanically inclined could handle? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-08          148008

Kleinchris,

A mechanically inclined person could handle the project himself, but the cost for materials and parts will still run you over 500 dollars. In addition, a "self-installed" remote setup is a very ugly thing to look at. Even some of the setups I've seen from the dealers don't look very good.

Unless the Ex3200 has an extra slot in the fender for an additional spool valve, the factory job won't look much better than one you'd build yourself.

Before dishing out the cash for this option, please ask to see one that's being used on another tractor. You may change your mind.

Still........700 ain't a bad price.

The remote port can be used to operate a hydraulic top link cylinder, a sickle mower, cement mixer, log splitter, depth gauge wheels, or even a hydraulic powered snow blower chute. They are handy, but most tractors don't put out enough flow to make use of this option. I believe the Ex3200 puts out about 9 gallons per minute......making this option well worth the money, depending on the appearance of the danged thing.

Believe me.........most of these things are ugly as sin, and they can make a real mess of things with all the oil leaks that naturally come with the fittings.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Nolat1114

2007-11-08          148011

Just had the 50 hour service and tractor is back to work. I did add two flood lights to the rear and mounted them in the existing holes in the fenders. I tapped into the two auxiliary lines that are wire strapped under the seat and added a toggle switch. This past weekend I dug out a mammoth spruce stump, that was too big to lift with the FEL,but forgot to get pics. Maybe I should submit pics to CC/Yanmar because I bet they never thought a customer would work this tractor as hard as I do. So far I am very satisfied with this tractor and will continue to share my experiences. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-08          148015

Holat1114,

Can you tell me what's done at the 50 hour mark, as far as services go? Thanks.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Nolat1114

2007-11-09          148021

Joel,
50 hour service includes oil and filter change, transmission fluid amd filter change and tranny strainer cleaning. Also, lube all fittings, check of front axle case oil level, check of starting system, check of battery condition. Additionally, check of alternator and fan belt and lubricating of all other contacts such as seat slider etc. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-09          148059

Holat1114,

Sounds to me as though the Cub Cadet folks have their service schedule in good order.

I might add something for you to check. Winter is coming. Tire pressures drop 1 about pound with every 10 degree drop in temperature. (general rule of thumb) For me, that's a loss of 14 pounds of pressure, per tire, from summer to winter.

It's not necessary to inflate your tires to full rated pressure in the winter, as you'll have better traction in the snow with slightly under-inflated tires.......but a loss of 14 pounds is a bit too much.

I run my turf tires at 5 pounds under, for better traction on the snow and ice during the winter months. If you have industrial tires on your Ex3200, you might want to run them even a bit lower than this.

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed as to your impressions of the Ex3200. I like the machine, and may consider trading within a year or two.......unless Kubota comes up with something that really catches my attention before then.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
SuperAir

2007-11-17          148381

Any new info good or bad on this model? I'm looking at a 3200 with FEL and I'm torn between that and a new 2320 Deere.I realize they are not apples to apples units.I had my mind made up on the 2320,it's all I really need(and more),but the Cub is hard to ignore for an extra $800.00 .I'm having trouble trying to close a deal at the Deere dealer(long story).The price I got on the EX was $15,889 with FEL and loaded tires. The smaller (EX)24 hp version is going to be avail. in late Feb/Early March and the dealer says under $12k with FEL. However he thinks it will be a sub compact and I really want to be one step up from there. My Bro-in-law has a Cub 7265 and has had excellent luck with it,but I've heard bad things about the quality of their stuff in general.Yanmar=better?? The JD dealer says it's basically a 3203 and they will sell me one for the same price,but insist I won't be happy.Online the specs on the CC look better than the specs on the JD.
Did I mention the JD salesman is a friend....'Nuff said.

Thanks ,
Mike

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-17          148383

I think the verdict is still out. These things havnt been around long enough for anybody to hit the 200 hour mark... or maybe somebody has. I imagine most of the feedback you will get here will be positive because the machines are still young and the price was right. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-11-18          148395

If you go through the archives of this board trying to find any reported problems with the Yanmar tractors that Deere sold for years, you will find almost nothing.

The more recent Green Yanmars included (but not limited to) 2210, 4010, 4100, 4110, 4115, 790 and 990.

The 42xx and 43xx series had Yanmar engines with U.S. made drive trains. The engines were bullet-proof but the rest of the tractor had teething problems.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-19          148420

DRankin
I was told a while back that any JD between 20 and 40 HP would have a Yanmar under the hood. Is this incorrect? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-11-19          148422

klienkris; I think the latest 3XXX series have a Deere built Dubuque engine with a little tiny turbo on them. Frank. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Art White

2007-11-19          148467

Frank, lets not get that kind of a story started! You might mean jd but not the cadets! ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-11-20          148470

"DRankin
I was told a while back that any JD between 20 and 40 HP would have a Yanmar under the hood. Is this incorrect? "

Still true, sort of. The new 2000 series and the new 3000 series still list Yanmar engines, some with turbos. The new 4000 series has the Deere engines.

The biggest Yanmar engine has about the same HP as the smallest Deere, about 43-44 HP as near as I can tell.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-11-20          148471

Art and Drankin; I am wrong, it is the 4XXX series Deere with the Deere built engines. Sorry bout that. Frank. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-11-20          148498

Frank.... I don't know how anyone can keep track of the ever changing specs on these machines.

My 4115 was only 3 years old when it was out of production and replaced with a new model. Seems also that Deere is making all the compact tractors here in the US now anyway, no more imports (except the engines?).... at least for this month.

I always thought that if I had to replace my present tractor I look at a Kubota 2910.... but it has fallen by the wayside too. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2007-12-02          148896

We just got our first shipment of the new 2008 Cub Cadet Yanmar tractors in. Very Impressive. Coming soon is the New SC2400 Sub Compact Cub Cadet Yanmar.
Check it out and scroll down to click on more pictures ....

Link:   SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar Sub-Compact Tractor

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-02          148898

I'm all for "cutting edge" when it comes to technology, design and styling. No offense to CC owners, but when it comes to this '08, the designers should be shot--it's u-g-l-y. And they paid no attention to the rear of it. Maybe they figure only guys like me with big ol' butts will cover up most of the fenders! LOL ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-12-02          148906

Is it just me, or does it look small? I suppose this might be expected since the 3200 is small for it's HP too. Maybe the black is "slimming". ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-12-02          148907

A little confused here.... 24 HP engine, but only 16.5 at the PTO?

Just guessing by the size of the wheels, it looks to be a BX class machine. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-02          148909

I'm confused about the stated 2 hydraulic pump outputs: Attachment is 3.5 GPM and Power Steering is 3.5 for a total of 7 GPM.

Can/do they really siphon off/divert some/all of the PS pressure to the Attachment circuit to get a usable 7 GPM? And if so does that mean when you turn does that reduce the total GPM to the attachment? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2007-12-03          148932

The Tractor looks pretty good in person. Its the size of the Kubota BX. The Kubota uses one pump at 6.3gpm and I have been told it uses about 2 to 2.5gpm for the steering and the rest for implement, Which leaves about 4.3 to 3.8 for implement. The SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar has 2 pumps which are 3.5gpm for steering and 3.5gpm for implement. They should work comparably. I drove the proto type at the Cub meeting and I liked it. You can shift the hydro from Lo to Hi and back the other way while you are on the fly. Neat little tractor. When you scroll down and click on more pictures, When you bring up picture you need to click again to enlarge picture. ....

Link:   SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar Sub-Compact

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-12-03          148933

Dear friends,

The problems with the 3-point on these smaller tractors have already been mentioned under this topic, as well as others on this board, but it's worth going over once again.

It is true that these little tractors have cat. 1, 3-pt hitches, and there are smaller implements specifically designed for the "near earth" experience these small tractors provide. However, there is really no comparison between a Kubota BX tractor and the B series. The BX tractor, for example, will not handle a cement mixer mounted on the 3-point hitch. The tractor is simply too low, making it all but impossible to empty the mixer. Similar problems arise when using other implements, such as post hole augers, etc. These little tractors are just not made to handle most ordinary 3-point attachments.

A tractor, by itself, isn't worth much. Without the proper implement, a tractor is nothing more than a fancy (and expensive) go-cart. If I'm going to have a hard time finding implements that will work properly, then I'm looking at the wrong tractor. For only a few dollars more, this problem can quickly be resolved by moving up in size......and it's not necessary to move up very far.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-12-03          148936

EMERICHSALES- are you a dealer? If so, any news about the 28 HP CC Yanmar coming out? There was talk on this board about it retailing for approx $1000 less than the 3200. My local dealer mentioned he thought it would be closer to $400 less. IMHO I don't know how many folks would buy a 28 HP tractor when they could spend another $400 for 32 HP... but what do I know. (Actually, I know I wouldn't.

Candoarms- good point about the three point usage. Have you seen one of the 32 HP machines? If so, I'm wondering if your points would apply to it as well. When I looked at, I didnt think the 3 point was low, but I wasnt looking for your argument either. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-12-03          148937

What is the price of the 2400? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-12-03          148938

Kleinchris,

The ex3200 is a compact tractor........much the same as the B series Kubota tractors. It's larger than the sub-compact models, such as the Kubota BX series.

ANY standard 3-point implement will easily attach to the ex3200. It is not necessary to search for implements designed to fit the smaller sub-compact tractors.

By the way.....I just saw the new BobCat compact tractor line-up. I wasn't about to get out and walk around in a parking lot full of snow at 5 in the morning, but from a distance they look fairly impressive.

Joel ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2007-12-04          148950

kleinchris. The SC2400 will be priced about the same as the Kubota BX2350V. Cub's Suggested List price for Tractor & Loader is about $13500.00 but you should be able to buy it for less
Cub Cadet Yanmar does have a EX2900 coming out in the spring. I did not order any. Your local dealer is right, there is not enough of a price difference to go down to the EX2900. If you are looking for that size tractor then the EX3200 is a great buy!
candoarms. Your right, there are some attachments that don't work with the Sub-Compact tractors. I have a BX24TLB and I love it. I use it for Some mowing, Tilling, Box Scrapping, Loader and Backhoe work. I'm even impressed with the backhoe for such a small machine. I have used it with the post hole digger that fit's this tractor but did not fit my older BX22. The 3pt Hitch pivots are a little higher on the new machines. I love it. Thats why Kubota makes so many models Sub-Compact, Compact, Utility, Industrial and Ag tractors.
Just need to research what's right for that persons needs.
There seems to be a tractor to fit anyones needs.

Link:   

Click Here

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-04          148952

It's hard for me to comprehend that they're getting the same I paid in '02 of $13,500 OTD for my New Holland TC33D (33hp) with hydro, Super Steer, cruise control, 4x4, suspended seat, etc. There is just no way these machines are worth that if you look at the the whole picture objectively. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2007-12-04          148962

earthwrks You have to remember its not only the price. Its the right product for their needs. Some of the people that buy the BX only need a BX. They may want to put it in their shed that has a certain clearance. They may need a very tight turning radius for mowing grass. Some of their wives are intimidated by a larger Tractor. Some of them have small driveways but want to use a tractor to blow snow. Some of the people only need a garden tractor but want it to last a lifetime. Your right to go from a SubCompact to a Compact is not alot more money but it may not work as good for them. I have sold over 700 BX's and never met an unhappy BX owner. I have had a few say they wish they got the next size up. Most have just said they wish they got their BX sooner. Plus prices have gone up in the last 5 years. It's all in how you look at it. ....

Link:   Emerich Sales & Service inc.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-12-04          148964

Earthworks- you are comparing the 3200 to the TC33D, right? When I was looking at a 3200, there was a TC33D right next to it. I believe they were asking $17,000 for the TC33D, the 3200 was $16,100. I didnt check out the TC33D very hard so I dont know what kind of goodies it came with. I'm pretty sure I got the models right because the saleman was comparing horsepowers and sizes. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Nolat1114

2007-12-04          148965

Sorry for the delay in updating my experience with the EX3200. My last post indicated that I had the 50 hour service completed and the tractor was back to work. Two weeks ago while digging out another stump I noticed that the bucket would not extend. I was working in the dark but had the area lit up with the twin floods. I quit digging and while looking the tractor over I noticed that the reason the bucket would not extend was due to a bent ram. To shorten this story, the dealer replaced the ram under warranty and the tractor is back to work. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
SuperAir

2007-12-04          148966

I was quoted $15,889 OTD with BB or loaded tires on the Ex3200.At the time,the dealer had little info on the smaller one,except that it would be out early spring,would be similar in size to a BX,and if I was interested it would be "under 12k OTD.I thought both prices were reasonable

Mike ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-04          148969

With regard to the last few posts about my last post:
I realize size matters--either small or not so small. It's the unexplainable PRICE one pays to go smaller (read: less bang for the buck objectively pound-for-pound) and that's what I have a problem with.

Remember back in the early 1980's when GM came out with the Cadillac Cimarron--a very small "luxury" car based on another model all in the name of meeting a "need" which at that time was fuel economy. I forget the sister model they used, but bottom line is it was the still the same small car with a few "luxury-like" gadgets---but yet they charged a heck of a lot more for it. Why? Because a.) they could, and b.) perception of value-added calling it a Cadillac.

(Here's an anecdote I'll throw in for free :) : Not many consumers know that when you see "limited edition" on a vehicle, that that is not a thing to be proud of. It's actually a dubious distinction. Car makers, especially Ford use that to increase interest (read: sales) in slow movers. But that goes back to "perceived value")

Fuel economy is moot when it comes to tractors of our sizes.

Manufacturers lately are blaming everyone but themselves for higher prices. Hmmmm it wouldn't be called "gouging" would it? They blame it on rising steel, rubber and plastic costs. Granted. But those SCUT prices have always been overpriced, and they keep rising.

Take a SCUT and a CUT, dismantle them, and compare the actual materials (weight/value) used and you're just not getting your money's worth going small---all things considered.

However, you can't compare the "value" of going small because it fits in your shed, or under a low tree branch. All that is subjective.

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-12-05          148972

EW and Emerichsales; You are both right to a point. Size may be intimidating to people who aren't used to driving tractors, yet my wife till we retired from farming drove 250 hp. farm tractors tha are as easy to drive as the smallest compact. Small pickups cost less than full size, but not enough to get me interested, mileage isn't enough different to offset the cramped cabs. Finance programs and glittering TV ads sell more of the wrong product to the right people than real down to earth reasearch by the buyer to find his or her best product for their real need. I've always had to kind of chuckle at the ads for luxury cars on early morning TV news offereing low finance rates on their cars. My old fashoned conservative mind says that if you really NEED to drive a Cadillac instead of a Chevy they you better have the cash to pay for the Cadillac, no finance needed. If the truth were known a Cadillac probably costs 1,500.00 more to build than a Chevy, (just my guess), but in ten years they are both worth the same at the junkyard. My rant for the day. Frank. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Art White

2007-12-05          148974

Oh EW you are on a run! You are right that bigger is cheaper to build! Just look at a baby's shoes in price comparison to yours! I bet you could drop three pairs inside yours and not even have to push them! To price them they are to high, but a baby is cute with a new pair of shoes.

Let's really get carried away with the size and look at the price of a four hundred horsepower articulate tractor vs two two hundred horsepower tractors! The worst part of it is then you also need to operators and twice as many machines to hook behind to get the work done!

I do consider the subs a great value, I come to that from having Simplicity Legacys and Cub Super series that all had to take a back seat because they were selling so close to the price of a BX when they introduced them that it baiscally closed their whole market! One of them was priced more then the BX!

The same amount of time is required to plan the building of a three inch square block as a three foot square block so I do agree with you that it is cheaper in volume but the bigger block just doesn't fit in every spot! ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-05          148980

Sorry about the rant guys :) Guess Hardwood had been rubbin' off me. :) Ahhh...Hi there Frank! Whassuuup, man? ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-12-05          148982

EW; Hey I'm tryinmg to be nice to you for a change. I actually agree with you, (sorta) on smoe of this stuff. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
banton

2008-01-04          149883

Retjefe-

Where are you in Washington State? I have been looking at the Ex 3200, as well. Care to give me some feedback? My phone is: 206-842-6927 on Bainbridge Island.

Thanks,

Bill ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
tkftombo

2008-01-12          150185

I am sure glad to run across this forum as info on real world use is limited on the 3200. My only problem is our dealer, also a New Holland dealer, doesn't have any 3200's in stock with the back hoe. The only comparison on backhoe's I have is the one on a Kubota 3400 and the Kubota B26. Loved the B26, but can't justify the coins
The quote I got for a 3200 with FEL is $15,425.00 and $21,000 with the back hoe.
I am really interested in the ergonomics of the back hoe and if its anything like the rest of the tractor, its going to be another plus for me. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
kleinchris

2008-01-13          150187

That's the best price on the machine alone that I have heard. (About $700 cheaper than I was quoted in Dallas.) I think the price of the hoe is pretty good, but I can't remember what I was quoted. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
tkftombo

2008-01-14          150216

I bought the Cub Cadet Yanmar today with delivery on Wednesday.
Tractor, FEL, landscape box, post hole digger with 9" bit, clamp on front forks, 3point bar for 2" ball delivered to my door for $17,000.00
My back is going to be alot happier now.
Decided not to get the backhoe, could not justify its expense other than a counterwieght. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-01-15          150221

Tktombo; Congradulations on the new tractor. Your box blade makes an excellent counterweight for the FEL, and you can always get a backhoe later if you want one. Frank. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-01-15          150243

Kevin,

I copied the photo link info and posted it here. Hope this works out. The picture is rather large. I don't know if it will work here until I try it.

Thanks for the photo.

Joel ....

Picture Link
Cub Cadet Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
tkftombo

2008-01-16          150249

THis is the best picture I have seen. It shows how high the backhoe boom is in the stored position in relation to the ROPS. Our local dealer just got in a model with the backhoe, but even if it were free, I don't have a need for it unless I want to do some jobs and come out of retirement.
I would have liked to have compared the Cub next to a Kubota side by side as I see Emerich is alsot a Kubota dealer.
Looks cold in that picture.
Great site here that helped alot towards my choice. Every dealer I went to were very helpful and courteous. I dreaded at first due to buying cars in the past, but tractor dealerships are a better lot of folks. Too bad they don't sell cars to. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
crfowler

2008-01-20          150471

tkftombo,

Here are some more detailed pictures of the EX3200, I have posted on flickr, they're high res, so make sure you watch the progress bar in the top right hand of the screen, and wait for it to complete before you select an more photos.

I have looked at just about every other competitor in this range, and this tractor give you the best bang for your buck, I have made my now ready to make the purchase. The only reason why the price is so competitive, Cub Cadet is staying business smart, by keeping their price point down until they get established in this competitive market segment. I'm sure it'll be a hit.

Link:   EX3200 Detailed pictures

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2008-02-15          151397

This Tractor has been a big hit. It is one of the best buys! Great Tractor at a Great Price . :)
Kevin
Emerich Sales & Service inc. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2008-03-01          151818

We brought one of these EX3200 Tractors to the Saratoga NY rotary home show. It seems people are amazed at how good the yellow and black colors look. I get more comments on this tractor than any other.
Kevin
Emerich Sales & Service inc.

www.emerichsales.com

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2008-03-02          151833

While the EX3200 Cub Cadet Yanmar has been a huge success NOW It's Baby Brother Is going to start being shipped to dealers next week and Most dealers should be getting some by the end of the month.
Kevin Emerich

187 Valentine Road
Charlton / Ballston Lake NY 12019

Phone 518-399-8574

Fax 518-384-1363

Email Sales@emerichsales.com

WebSite www.emerichsales.com

Other brand we sell are Kubota, Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Yanmar, Toro, Troy-Bilt, White, Snapper, Exmark, Toro Landscaper equipment, Echo, Makita, Dr Country home products vt, Billy Goat, Little Wonder, Mantis, and many more.
Check out our online parts look up for many models.
We have engine parts for Briggs & Stratton, Honda, Tecumseh, Kohler, Kawasaki and more.
check us out in UpState N.Y.

Link:   

Click Here

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES

2008-03-02          151834

I left out that it's baby brother is the SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar Sub Compact Tractor.
I hope my order is on the first trucks!
Kevin

Link:   

Click Here

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
bigdog55

2008-04-04          152734

I borrowed my neighbor's EX3200 this winter to move snow. It worked OK but hydraulics for bucket were slow and difficult to get right. Looks like access to maintenance items isn't as good as some others. Hydrostatic control wasn't as good as Kubota so I bought a 7800. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Tinknokr

2008-06-14          154611

Good Morning,Gang..I cant think of a better way to start Fathers Day weekend (before the rest of the family wakes)than with a dicussion about compact tractors...I have been shopping & test driving for the last couple of months,I eliminated all but 2.: The Cub/Yanmar ex3200 & the Kubota b7800 (or b3030 for the extra bells & whistles).I test drove the Cub last weekend, a great machine,lacks little just slightly weak on up hill loader force..As for Kubota I have a few buddies own them and swear by thier capabilities and indestructibility, I will test drive them next weekend!..Does anybody out there have any experience or opinions on this match up ?..5 acres 50% fields,50% woods,100% work....LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMMMBLE! .."Happy Fathers Day".. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
tractorenvy

2008-07-07          155156

The ex3200 looks attractive on paper, I haven't seen one in person yet. Is a front mount snow thrower available? Is the loader easy to remove (like the Kubota) or is it more or less permanently mounted?

Thanks! ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Tinknokr

2008-07-08          155180

Hey, Tractorenvy The ex3200 looks more attractive in person,as for the front snowblower,..there where none shown in the attachments catalog,Sorry the 80 degree weather kept that question from surfacing..WE did not detatch the loader but the dealer assured me of less than 5 minutes...When I compared the ex3200 with the competitively priced Kubota b7800 the slightly larger 3200 was the better dollar value however It,s MTD.body construction and lack of user reviews drove Me to buy the well tried and true Kubota,..Mine was delivered yesterday! I am just waiting for some implements to be delivered and then " I'M gonna put this boy to work!..
PS why is it so damn tough to harvest a Big Buck in Maine?. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
tractorenvy

2008-07-09          155205

PS why is it so damn tough to harvest a Big Buck in Maine?.

Well our property is in a wildlife sanctuary. They all hang out in my backyard during hunting season!

I'm leaning toward a Kubota myself. A front mount snow thrower is very important to me. Hmmm maybe a B3030 with a heated cab :-)

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
Tinknokr

2008-07-09          155208

If you wan't some input on the 3030 check , Compact tractor.net,(some cab tip&noise complaints)the 7800 had the overall best ratings of the Kubota's & the other brands,but you can also wait on some input from Me,I have absolutely no intention of pampering mine!..In fact I'll let you test drive it,...If You let Me hunt your property!.. ....

Cub Cadet yanmar ex3200

View my Photos
jacubcadet

2010-07-18          172363

The EX3200 Cub CADET Yanmar is a very good tractor and is one of the top selling models offered by Cub Yanmar.Yanmar has built John Deere compact tractors for years. The Cub Yanmar tractors are competely built by Yanmar and not by Cub. You have made wise investment, produced by one of the top builders of compact tractors in the world.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login