Go Bottom Go Bottom

Foton 404 fel removal

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-07          190649

I was thinking about removing the fel for general mowing because it's rutting (lighten it up a little) with all the rain we've been getting. I also figure it would be more stable side mowing inclines. I know I need to color code the hook-ups, but is there a problem with the quick connects leaking once I start removing and hooking back up. I currently have no leaks and would like to keep it that way. I was wandering if there were any tricks to insuring they wouldn't leak. Where I work our clamp trucks always seemed to leak once you started plugging and unplugging the quick connects. Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Foton 404 fel removal

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-08          190654

There will be a few drips that escape as the check balls spring into place. Be prepared to wipe both ends of the connectors once separated. Then protect them with connector caps (click link below). They come in a variety of colors that enable you to color code the respective male & female connectors when hooking back up. If you don't want to purchase ready-made caps, use heavy duty baggies and zip ties to keep the now exposed interiors of the connectors clean and dry. Slip pieces of paper with matching numbers inside the respective male/female
baggies.

Personally I prefer the ready-made cap solution, as baggies are not UV resistant. They won't last long in the sun.

//greg// ....

Link:   coupler caps

Foton 404 fel removal

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-07-08          190657

Thank you Greg. I'm with you on the caps - sounds like the way to go. Larry. ....

Foton 404 fel removal

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-07-09          190673

Greg gave good advice. I try to wipe my quick connectors every time before I hook them just in case there is a speck of dirt to hold the valve open. No idea on a fel loader but you may find you need to release pressure on the hyd system to disconnect or connect those fittings. Depending you on your system that may mean cutting the tractor off and working the controls. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login