Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tytan Tractor Safety Notice

View my Photos
TractorCo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-10          173935

TractorCo.com is a former dealer of Tytan tractor products. On January 21, 2010 we issued the following report to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission regarding a potential life safety hazard.

Front Steering Bracket, Tytan 324 and Tytan 334 Tractor
Consumer Product Safety Act Section 15(b) Report

Starting in 2007 TractorCo.com sold 9 Tytan 324/334 tractors. Subsequent to sale consumers reported 4 failures of the front steering bracket. One consumer reports a front wheel separating from the tractor as a result of the front steering bracket failure. An additional 3rd party reports failure of the bolts securing the front steering bracket to the axle.

Tytan International is responding to an investigation by the CPSC. In recent depositions taken from Tytan CEO the company rejects cause for a recall. This is in spite of the fact that Tytan created an upgraded steel fabricated front steering bracket and is selling it to consumers reporting either failures or concerns.

If you have a question or concern regarding this issue feel free to contact TractorCo.com. A copy of the report filed with CPSC can be emailed on request. If you have experienced a failure please contact us to that we can include your experience in future reports to the CPSC.

TractorCo.com has launched it's own internal recall. If you have purchased a Tytan 324 or 334 tractor from TractorCo.com please contact as soon as possible. TractorCo.com is replacing the cast front steering brackets with fabricated steel at no charge to consumers. We are also replacing the fastening bolts with grade 8 studs in order to resist lateral loads produced by the power steering.

Link:   Tytan Tractor Safety Notice

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-12          173987

Who makes the Tytans--are they rebadged so and so's? ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-13          174008

Tytans are made by Tytan (in China). ....

View my Photos
TractorCo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-29          174250

TractorCo.com is updating this notice. Just received a consumer report of a Tytan 324 tractor purchased directly from Tytan International in Kalama, Wa. in 2006. This customer reported the bolts securing the left front steering bracket sheared off. This resulted in a catastrophic failure. Consumer reports left front wheel fell off. Operator was not injured from roll over as the front loader happened to be in the down position at the time of failure. TractorCo.com recommends all owners of Tytan tractors check the bolts on the front steering brackets to see if they are backing out. TractorCo.com has upgraded the bolts on tractor it has sold with grade 8 studs. Tytan International has rejected the need for a recall as of August 2010. TractorCo.com maintains this matter constitutes a life safety hazard should the wheel fall off while the loader is in up position. A followup complaint is being filed with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. ....

View my Photos

2014-08-17          190929

In regards to your Tytan Tractor Safety Notice this is advise that I had to replace two (2) front steering brackets on my Tytan 334 which I purchased in September , 2008. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login