Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
Durwood7355
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-13          107932

I visited my first Rural King yesterday in New Castle ,Indiana and looked at their tractors. The 20 hp 2 wd with 3 cylinder, turf tires, and power steering is $3999.00. It has the new cluster gauges, but not the spring seat on it. They had a 25 hp 4 wd for $5999.00 and a 70 hp with cab and air for 16,999.00. They also give a free 30 hr oil change if you bring the tractor in. They told me if i filled out and was approved for their credit card than i get 10% off my first purchase. I filled it out and was approved. That gets that 20 hp down to 3,600.00 and also that gets the koyker FEL down to 2,699.00. That would get the 70 hp down to $15,300.00. That 10% includes everything i purchase with the card the first time. I was sooo close to pulling the trigger but the wife was with me and needless to say it didn't happen. But, it is good anytime i choose as the tractors weren't sale priced so i didn't feel pushed to do it tonight. That tractor was such a pretty orange color too.

Link:   Rural King

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-13          107942

I see you've already begun doing your homework on Chinese tractors, so I thought I'd just give you a little heads up in case you were tempted by that belly mower. It's got no gauge wheels and no nose roller. And last I checked, you will NOT be able to retrofit them (through Rural King) either. Their buyer was more concerned with the profit line than he was about selling a mower that doesn't scalp. Leveling it is tricky too. it's supported by the TPH in the rear, so rear height and right/left leveling is pretty straightforward - as long as your hydraulics don't leak. Front height and leveling is coarse though; Chain links and keys. Adjusting the chains is not an easy one man job - without a floor jack.

//greg//

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
holstein05
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-07          120649

I too have been eye'n the tractors at Rural King. Can somebody fill me in on who makes this tractor? Is it a Jinma? Has anyone bought one from Rural King? Pro's vs con's? I priced a Farm Pro 40 hp for $ 11,050 and a Rural King 40 hp for $ 8,500... What is the difference (besides price) in these two machines?

Thanks in advance. ....

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
tiltbed

2005-12-18          121300

I bought a 404 (40hp 4wd) tractor king from Rural King in march of 2005..price with a koker fel,6' tiller,6' brush hog,phd with a 9& 12" augers was about $14,000.I signed up for Rural King`s credit card and recieved 10% off the purchase price...which amounted to a free 6' tiller.Also 1 year intrest free..so I will pay it off before the year is up..intrest is aprox 22%..The tractor is made by Futon,The engine might be a cummings 3 cyl clone.I believe Futon also makes the bigger 4x4 tractors for John Deer..something like 125 HP..But don`t hold me to that fact.I have over 45 hrs on my tractor so far...NO problems to date.Fit is pretty good..Finish is very thin..enough wax might keep the paint on for a while...lol..Main thing is that you have to install a in line or block heater on it,as it is very tempermental cold starting...But with a heater it pops right off...hope this help you some...Sid ....

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
holstein05

2005-12-19          121369

Great info Sid.

I really like the 404 Foton. Just trying to decide if a 40 hp would be too big for me, or if the 30 would be too small. 2K seems to get a lot more tractor in terms of frame etc. Nothing worse (IMHO) than getting a tractor too small for the job... ....

Rural King Tractors

View my Photos
kevanos

2007-01-19          138923

Jinma used to build the smaller tractors that Rural King sold, but they now say Foton. Foton is the largest tractor builder in China, according to their website. They do NOT build anything for John Deere. They do advertise a Perkins engine in them, which is actually NOT a licensed Perkins, (although it used to be!!). It is actually a Tianjin Perkins engine. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login