Go Bottom Go Bottom

Case 71 series expertise required

View my Photos
Erickson5006
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-08-21          187901

I am currently having trouble deciding whether or not to buy a 1991 case 7110. On paper...I love everything about this tractor. In real life, this specific one has been abused!! Normally, my brain would tell me to run in the other direction...but i keep getting lured back by the prospect of owning a tractor that i should never be able to afford!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Erickson5006

2013-08-21          187905

The bad: Starter solenoid must be bypassed using a jump wire... Engine hours are either reset or else wrapped around to 10,575... Engine oil leak from timing cover... Hydraulic oil leak from back end some where... Loader pins are shot... Every rim is dented... Cab is in terrible shape... Fwa light doesn't light up, nether does diff lock. There is a noticeable hesitation when shifting, but still smoothe... There is an audible chattering from the rear end at an idle. ....

View my Photos
Erickson5006

2013-08-21          187907

The Good: Heavy duty case loader, grapples...engine oil is clean, hydraulic oil is clean and topped up. And the price of $26,000 this thing is half the price of any other on tractor house.com! ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-08-22          187908

guessing on my part: this was used in logging?

Can you talk with the mechanic on this tractor the operator? The oils being clean may mean they keep them serviced of for the first time in years they just changed the fluids.

Starter solenoid should be a minor repair.

I would try to find a Case mechanic that either could look at the machine with you or at least talk with about the issues as you see and get good idea on guess on repair cost.

If you can buy this machine at half of any other but repairs cost that other half or twice that amount would you still be pleased? What if repairs in next two years were say only $10,000 would you still think a good deal?

Hope you well in this. KT

View my Photos
Erickson5006

2013-08-22          187914

I believe this tractor was simply used for silage! But the seller is just the guy who bought the estate, not the operator of it. The case service manager says that the chatter I'd normal and that the shifting hesitation is a minor fix, to simply recharge the accumulators. But the overall lack of giving a f7#; on the part of the owner is what scares me. Are these good tractors? Would you wager $26,000 on it? This is exactly the tractor i want, more tractor than i need, and twice the tractor i can afford! ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-08-23          187916

I do not know that tractor. Had a much smaller Case a little new and was very pleased with it. My best suggestion is talk with the Case service manager on the model it is.

Art White on here is also a Case Dealer in New York State. If you can try sending him a private message. I would trust his thoughts very much. ....

View my Photos
Erickson5006

2013-08-23          187920

Would love to hear from him, but i am not willing to pay the membership price just yet. Apparently us freeloaders aren't allowed to send messages. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2013-09-03          187954

It is not unusual for those to have high hours. The abuse of the sheet metal and cosmetics tells me the operator's might have needed more respect for what they were operating and has nothing to do with daily inspections and repairs that might go along with proper operations for longevity. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login