new rotary cutter: Field Mowers Brush Cutters  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review new rotary cutter: Field Mowers Brush Cutters -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Field Mowers Brush Cutters Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-20-2004, 15:38 Post: 74563
Hal DeWitt

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 new rotary cutter

I need some help and my questions will reveal my inexperience. I have a B7500 that I ahve been using for a couple of years for mowing, snowblowing and log skidding. I just bought a Bushhog Razorback 60" rotary cutter. There is too much snow to use it (finally) but I had to attach anyway. When transporting should the cutter be held clear of the ground by the 3pt hitch or should it roll on the wheel at the rear? The manual says to use the wheel to adjust cutting height and keep the front a little lower than the rear. How do you adjust the front? Just with the 3pt hitch? If so how do you always get the correct height for the front after you raise and lower? Are there some type of safety guards that I should be getting? Dealer said no not with that small a cutter. Thanks for answers in advance and I expect to have more questions as soon as I get a chance to use it.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-20-2004, 15:57 Post: 74567
Billy

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 new rotary cutter

Hey Hal,

I'll do my best to answer.

"When transporting should the cutter be held clear of the ground by the 3pt hitch or should it roll on the wheel at the rear?"

It should be held high enough the tail wheel won't hit the ground during transport.

"The manual says to use the wheel to adjust cutting height and keep the front a little lower than the rear. How do you adjust the front? Just with the 3pt hitch? If so how do you always get the correct height for the front after you raise and lower?"

Yes, with the 3pth lever. I'm not sure about how the B7500 3pth lever operates but on my JD it has an adjustable setting. I can set it so it will return to the same position every time.

"Are there some type of safety guards that I should be getting?"

They make them but whether you should get them or not is up to you. I don't have them but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Hope this helps
Billy

PS
I've found that if I keep my cutter level, instead of slightly lower in the front, it does a better job.

01-20-2004, 21:57 Post: 74602
gauthier

new rotary cutter

Yeah,my nortrac has an adjustable stopper on the 3 point lever so you can lower it to what ever height you got it set for. As far as transporting,its intended to be picked up rear wheel off the ground far enough to where it don't hit the ground,but you can pull it also,wouldn't want to go very far down the blacktop like that though. I hardly ever raise mine unless I'm going through a big dip,course I stay on grass.I don't have no guards on mine either,but I mainly just cut weeds and grass over the same areas,if you were really brushoging you might want something,or cutting on ground that may have something hidden in the grass that could get you. Cut with mine level also. Richard

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Field Mowers Brush Cutters Forum

Thread 74563 Filter by Poster:
Billy 1 | gauthier 1 | Hal DeWitt 1 |

Most Viewed

+ 48 Woods vs. Bushhog Squealer vs. King Kutter??
+ 6ft Kodiak cutter
+ Rhino vs Bush Hog cutter
+ Rotary Cutter or Flail Mower?
+ Disk Mower vs. Flail Mower vs. Sickle Bar Mower
+ Bush Hog - Woods - Land Pride???
+ WHat to charge for bush hogging
+ Roof Field Mower Parts
+ Side cutter for ditches and ponds
+ Bush Hog vs. Woods rotary cutters

Most Discussion

+ My Cutter Ain't Level
+ WHat to charge for bush hoggin