Bobcat Corporation Sold to a Korean firm.: Bobcat Tractors  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review Bobcat Corporation Sold to a Korean firm.: Bobcat Tractors -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Bobcat Tractors Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 07-31-2007, 00:38 Post: 144204
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Bobcat Corporation Sold to a Korean firm.

Dear friends,

For those of you here who may own a Bobcat skid steer tractor, I have some very important news.

Bobcat announced today, July 30, 2007, that it has been sold to the Korean firm, Doosan Infracore.

Ingersol Rand, Bobcat's parent company, has decided to sell off the entire Bobcat tractor line as well as the attachments division to Doosan Infracore. The deal was reported to be worth 4.9 Billion Dollars.

Bobcat has a large manufacturing facility here in North Dakota, where some 2600 jobs are involved. Needless to say, this sale has drawn the interest of North Dakota's two U.S. Senators, Byron Dorgan and Kent Conrad. These two U.S. Senators will be meeting with the representatives from Doosan Infracore in the very near future, in an effort to ensure that these manufacturing jobs will not be lost.

There is no guarantee that Bobcat tractors and the associated implements will continue to be made in the U.S.

I'll keep you posted on any news I hear in the future.

Joel

Link:   Bobcat sold to Doosan Infracore--Korea -- $4.9 Billion 

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

07-31-2007, 07:03 Post: 144206
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Often it takes years to see a difference. I think that they will use it to their advantage for a US presence.

07-31-2007, 13:38 Post: 144218
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Sorry to say, but this needs to be a wake up call for the quality of work of those American workers--up and down the employment chain. I have friends who bought new 250S's and had nothing but problems with them. My New Holland has the same sort of issues. It used to be just the automotive sector that had quality issues with products until the Asians got involved. It's a global community like it or lump it.

07-31-2007, 14:23 Post: 144219
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Worked for a heavy equipment mfg for a few years who is out of business. Some of the quality issues are not with the worker, rather higher up the chain. The quality of the material and design is beyond the line workers control. Our product line was rated at one time number one world wide, then the top person decided the company's funds were for his use along with some dumb product decisions. kt

07-31-2007, 14:42 Post: 144220
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Kthompson,

I once worked for a company that produced the Grouser tracks for the Bobcat tractors. Several times, we were threatened with the loss of the contract, unless we could get our prices down.

In the end, we were making 8 cents per track link. Finally, the end came. Grouser tracks, as far as I know, are now being made in some other country.

I miss working in the foundry. There were two of us on the furnaces, pouring high ductile iron. It was the best job I ever had, mainly because I hate office work even worse than cats.......and that's saying something. hehehe.

Joel

07-31-2007, 15:02 Post: 144221
yooperpete

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Since there is no National pride nor loyalty, any job can be perceived as being done cheaper than you or I are willing to do it for. It is only a matter of time until all our jobs are gone. Don't know who is then going to pay the way for those on the "System".

07-31-2007, 15:09 Post: 144222
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Unfortunately the whole mess is the best evidence of the "me first" attitude that is so prevalent in todays society.

People like to squawk about losing jobs to 'foriegners' then sit down on their (made in China) lawn chair, and pass comment on how their (made in Mexico) shirt is coming apart at the seam and they should take it back to Wally World because they paid good money for it after all!!! But since the price of gas is so high and even their (made in Korea) little import car is expensive to drive so they will maybe fix it themselves.

Sad but true.

Best of luck.

07-31-2007, 15:30 Post: 144224
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The problem is more prevlant than this. The ability to think for the most part has been lost. Price is something easy to compare and when people are not able to or choose not to understand a product or service then they just decide on price. The concept of quality is lost in that decision and then lower price wins. Quality is traded off for the lower price that can be understood and the cycle goes on.

Clark Howard a well known radio person who helps people not to get "ripped off" tells he is very willing to trade quality for lower price. That concept is very common. If a person buys today on other than price it is normal or that is cute or such in looks. I do very much realize higher price does not mean higher quality. But I do realize what CHEAP is and it is costly. kt

07-31-2007, 15:47 Post: 144226
Billy

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Just think of all the little stuff the average American worker takes for granted. Most companies pay sick leave, family leave, emergency leave, maternity leave and who knows what other kind of paid leave. Put that with the 4, 6 and 8 weeks paid vacation that everyone thinks they deserve. Then there's the employer's part of medical insurance and don't forget their part of Social Security taxes. Oh and theirs the company retirement plan. Everything adds up and it does it in a hurry. Take someone making 20 bucks an hour, it wouldn't surprise me that after adding all the benefits, it jumps up to around 40.

If one wants to know why the big 3 auto makers are in trouble today, it's because of all the crazy benefits they offered through the years. Take GM for instance. GM has 332000 hourly retirees drawing a damn good check every month.

Then the average worker wants cheap shit from anywhere they can get it. Well, my friends, they are getting it now and bitching because it's cheap shit and their kids/grand kids ain't gonna have a job.

I wonder how that happened?

07-31-2007, 16:14 Post: 144231
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Billy,

Many years ago, under the command of General MacArthur, the U.S. sent one of our best scientists to Japan, in an effort to help rebuild that nation. IT WORKED!

Dr. Demming is generally credited for the excellent products being produced in Japan. We first started feeling the effects of Demming's efforts in the early 1970s, when Datsun, Toyota, and Honda started making big dents in the market share.

Dr. Demming tried to teach his system of management to the U.S. corporate leaders, but he was brushed off, like lint. It's now some 60 years later, yet Dr. Demming's system of management and production controls are still being shunned by American corporate managers.

Joel

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Bobcat Tractors Forum

Thread 144204 Filter by Poster:
AnnBrush 1 | Art White 2 | beagle 1 | Billy 2 | bvance 1 | candoarms 10 | earthwrks 4 | EMERICHSALES 1 | kleinchris 2 | kthompson 6 | leejohn 1 | Murf 2 | yooperpete 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Bobcat Corporation Sold to a Korean firm.
+ so few private machines for sale
+ Bobcat 1980 Manuals
+ Bobcat S175 fuel problem
+ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225
+ Bobcat contest
+ Faulty Bobtach
+ Cover of Worksaver magazine.
+ Bobcat CUTs
+ 773G Bobcat - Kubota engine

Most Discussion

+ Bobcat Corporation Sold to a K
+ so few private machines for sa
+ Faulty Bobtach
+ Bobcat contest
+ Bobcat no longer offering comp
+ Bobcat CUTs
+ Bobcat S175 fuel problem
+ Bobcat 1980 Manuals
+ Can you Stick weld this Brake

Newest Topics

+ Can you Stick weld this Brake housing with broke f
+ Bobcat Skid Loader Ford 16L No crankshatft seal
+ Bobcat no longer offering compact tractors?
+ 773G Bobcat - Kubota engine
+ used skidsteer
+ so few private machines for sale
+ Faulty Bobtach
+ Bobcat contest
+ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines