Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
jabsmb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-31          95050

Have a possible clutch problem with a 1997/98 570 with 450 hours. Was moving a round bale of hay today and as I started to climb a very slight incline, the tractor stopped pulling. I have not noticed any slippage or anything out of the ordinary in the past. A very very slight amount of torque can be noticed and a very slight slipping noise can be heard when the clutch is released. I did not smell anything like hot asbestos that could indicate slippage. The tractor goes into and out of gear normally. Anyone had a similar experience and what is the best method to isolate the problem. I know that clutch replacement would be very expensive and I do not want to pay to have the machine picked up and a clutch replaced until I am sure that is the problem.
Any advice and suggestions appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
TomG

2004-08-31          95136

How does the pedal feel? Does it return to the top with some free travel and does it seem to have normal tension when you start to depress it?

There are other possibilities--especially if the clutch feels normal. To start checking other things, try it in 4wd with the diff lock engaged. If it moves, try it in 2wd but with the diff engaged. If it still moves it's likely a broken axle. Locking one brake also spots axle problems. Still could be the clutch or other drive-line problem but these are simple places to start. Good luck! ....

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-31          95139

Set your parking brake. Put the tractor in gear and slowly release the clutch. Listen for engine noise or if it stalls. Also take notice to how far out the clutch pedal is when the engine starts to die down.

DO you now if you have a two stage clutch? In other words if running an implement and you push the clutch half way the tractor stop but the implement continues to operate until you push it the entire way down. If so you may need a simple clutch adjustment which can some times be done on site by your dealer. ....

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-31          95196

I think it is Belaus.com,,if that is incorrect,,call 800 info they are in (spelling) Milwakee,WI,,they are very helpful ....

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
jabsmb

2004-09-01          95246

Thank very much gents, I located the problem and the keyed stub had fallen out of the axle. I used the differential lock to get to the shed, backtracked and found the key.
I welded a small bead on both ends of the key as a preventive measure to prevent future failures.
The clutch works fine.
The advice from all is much appreciated ....

Belarus Clutch problem

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-03          95532

Glad to here it was a simple fix. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login