Go Bottom Go Bottom

231 getting diesel in oil

View my Photos
Emery
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-08-23          7229

I have a 1992 Belarus 231 that is getting diesel in the oil. I was wonderingif any one else had that problem. Suspect injector pump. Is it expensive to repair and can I remove it myself and re-install it after rebuild. thanks...EC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Emery

1999-08-23          7230

Sorry:: Thats a 250A. ....

View my Photos
bruce

1999-08-23          7249

I'm not familiar with Belarus, but most diesels have a regular fuel pump similar tothe one on a gasoline engine, in addition to the injector pump. I would try replacing the small pump before getting in to the injector pump. ....

View my Photos
Alex

2003-07-25          60105

Emery,
I have Repair Manual for Belarus-250A and also can help with some spare parts at reasonable prices.
If you are interested please contact me by E-mail: belarustractors_spares(at)yahoo.com ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-26          60142

That sounds like a deal from Alex.

Seriously leaking injectors also will put fuel in the oil but the engine likely would be smoking a lot during operation. Most injector pumps have seals that more likely would be the problem and they shouldn't be too difficult to replace. You probably should be prepared to set the injector timing if a pump is removed, and that requires a dial indicator at least for my Ford. It's fairly common to make index marks across the pump base and its mount before removing one so it can easily be replaced exactly in the same position. That can save setting the timing on many pumps.

Take case when loosening injector line fittings. There can be fuel under high pressure in the lines even when a tractor is off.

View my Photos
hurliman

2003-12-21          71869

Belarus injector pumps are supposed to be drained off periodically, no one actually does it! The governor housing has it's own oil supply. These pumps normally weep some diesel as they are being used. Drain your injector pump housing(plug on the bottom of housing) and refill with 8oz of engine oil. Then every 10-20 hours remove the check plug on the side of the housing and drain off the excess fluid.
Keep that tractor.....it will work circles around any of the popular JAP brands hands down! ....

View my Photos
mgallen

2016-08-06          195628

I have a Belarus 510 that is also getting a lot of diesel in the oil, did you find that yours was the injection pump? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login