Go Bottom Go Bottom

Leda T30a starting issues

View my Photos
tractah
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-09-19          195800

I picked up a Leda T30a. It has the belarus style 2 cylinder air cooled diesel. It has 300 hours on it. The previous owner burned up the starter so I bought it without a starter. I am going to check fuel tomorrow once I figure out what size starter bolts fit it. I see some sort of a primer in the cab but it goes into a plastic bottle. I want to fix that so it works. Does anyone know if these have a glow plug system? Also I am interested in putting some kind of a block heater in it as I plan on using it for snow removal in the winter.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cowrider

2016-09-19          195802

Congratulation on your new purchase. After you have installed the starter you will need to go over your fuel system. Don't be in a rush, remember the last owner burned up the starter. Crack open the drain on the fuel tank and see what comes out. Drain out any water and junk that may be in there, when clean fuel comes out close it. Drain and fill the injection pump with oil. Drain is on the bottom, when empty close bottom and open side, fill till it runs out and close. open bleeder on secondary filter and using hand pump on side of injector pump, pump till fuel comes out. Pump some more after closing, you should hear check valve opening and fuel returning to tank. If all these steps are completed then it is time to crack open the lines on the injectors. pull out the decompression lever, open the trottle full and crank the engine over. You should have fuel coming from the open lines, may take a minute if its been a long time since it ran. When you have fuel at the lines you are now ready to start her. With the decompression lever out and the trottle pulled till the foot throttle goes down some, crank the engine a few revolutions and the push in the decompression lever. don't use ether. ....

View my Photos
cowrider

2016-09-20          195803

Pictures of the tractor helps, we are sort of blind otherwise. The plastic bottle sounds like the windshield washer. If this is the same as the belarus then it has glow plugs, first stop on the key switch energizes them and then turn more to crank engine. No automatic timer, turn, hold and count then crank. As for a block heater best you can do is get some of those magnetic ones to clamp on the oil pan. ....

View my Photos
tractah

2016-09-20          195804

I'll post pics in the morning. The primer is the washer. There are two large switches on the firewall attached to the bat cables. I am unsure how many speeds the tractor has or what the levers do. I figured out the decompression lever. There are 4 foot pedals. I'm thinking two are for brakes. I haven't found the primer yet. ....

View my Photos
tractah

2016-09-20          195807

I got it running OK but I don't see a primer on the injection pump. ....

View my Photos
tractah

2016-09-20          195808

It stalled and isn't getting fuel now. How am I supposed to fill the injection pump and what type of oil do I use? ....

View my Photos
tractah

2016-09-20          195809

OK, the supply line from the tank had a hole in it so it was sucking air. I replaced the supply lines and its running OK now. However, I couldnt get it to move. So I got scared and thought the clutch was bad. But after fidding with the F-R lever and the gears it finally moved. Im off to pickup some Hydraulic fluid now. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login