Go Bottom Go Bottom

belarus 400 shuts down after running

View my Photos
molealma
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-08-18          195667

Belarus 400an, air cooled, diesel engine. Initial start up is great, idles and throttles correctly.
while in use will run for an hour to 2 hours and then just shuts down. wait about 20 minutes and it will start up roughly and then come to idle great and run again for the same amount of time and shut down again. I then ran tractor stationary for a couple hours with no shut down, so I decided to hop on it and drive it through the field and then it shut down. I pulled the fuel filters and they seem fine(it has 2). Drained fuel tank and found very little debris. Oil changed, air filter checked/clean. (oil bath with sponge prefilter). changed oil in fuel pump. fuel lines seem solid, belts good, mechanical fuel injected. its a 1997 I believe with less than 300 hours. I don't know where to look next to see why it shuts down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
arcwelder

2016-09-01          195718

may want to check the air cooling fins.
it may be that it is clogged up a bit and is getting hot.
could also be a temp sensor somewhere, I am not too familiar with these. ....

View my Photos
tractah

2016-09-20          195810

Does it start right back up after stalling out? If not, crack the fuel lines to the inj. pump and crank the engine. See if air is coming out. Mine had a fuel line that was sucking air causing it to stall out. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
cowrider

2016-09-27          195830

You should replace the fuel filters instead of just looking at them. I had a Mercedes that would run just fine until I went up a hill of put a load on it. Turn it off for a few minutes and it would work again. Seems that the filter picked up dirt while fuel was flowing when running and then would fall of when fuel stopped flowing. Never had another problem after replacing the filter.

As another had said, check the piston cylinders. Pull the cover off the side and clean out anything from in there. For some reason here the mice love to build their nests inside my covers when the tractor sits without being used.

The temp sensor is on the oil filter ....

View my Photos
m5040dt

2017-01-27          196188

Sounds to me like your fuel tank vent is plugged. After some time it builds up a vacuum and cant move any more fuel. When this happens, remove your fuel cap, if you hear a swoosh sound, clean the vent. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login