Go Bottom Go Bottom

505M 3 point controls

View my Photos
rflemens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-06-27          190551

My son bought a 505M that we are attempting to bushog with. It had no manual with it and I don't understand the controls. I figured out how to engage the PTO but I can't figure out how to lift the 3 point. The quadrant control right of the seat has no effect but you can turn a pivot that has rods hooked to it under the dash and the 3pt will raise but lower as soon as you release it. I'm thinking there must be a mode lever I'm missing or something. It has a draft control left of the seat that is connected to a bunch of linkedges and rods that are in shambles. I can't find a breakdown or picture of the controls on the internet for this model. He purchased a service manual but the diagrams don't match his tractor so I'm thinking he got the wrong manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

505M 3 point controls

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-09          190670

Were you able to figure out the lift?
I do NOT know the controls on this tractor at all but some basic things here.
Lift controls are normally rather simple. You should have a level normally it will run in a slotted curve piece of metal so you have use an adjustable stop to allow you setting it how low it will go and you coming back to that height for such as bush hogging.
You mention a draft lever, some will have two levers, one for draft control and normally right beside it one for the lift itself. If so they normally work together to control when say plowing. Then some will have a single lever and a separate lever to switch between cut draft control off or on.

If you still don't find it then look for a light weight (not much shifting load) rod control going into the transmission near the lift point. Do not like saying this and if you do it would suggest utmost caution but with tractor idling try working the controls slowing and watch for movement with the lift. You should be safe for you know what controls the transmission and the pto, but I have o idea if there is belt drive or a second PTO or such you could be engaging.

Do begin with checking the fluids for the lift. If they are low it may not work. Also look for a cut off valve that screws in and out that regulates how fast the lift may work or locks it up for transporting. If it has that on many tractors they are between your legs sitting on the seat. Hopes this helps. kt ....

505M 3 point controls

View my Photos
rflemens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-07-09          190676

Thanks for your help. I actually have figured at least part of it out. There is a control cable that runs from the quadrant (curved metal with adjustable stop) around to a set of linkages under the seat on the left hand side. the linkages are also coneccted to the draft control, 2 places on the 3 point and 2 rods to the pivot which operates the hydraulic valve. One rod from the linkage to the pivot is spring loaded so the other rod can overide it (if the 3 point reaches the top of it's range, the draft control is engaged, etc.). The problem I'm having now is that the cable and the spring in the spring loaded rod are broke. I'm trying to find a parts manual that includes these parts. So far all the manuals I've looked at do not have this linkage type control. The manuals I've looked at have all the controls connected to a draft control hydraulic valve which controls the main hydraulic valve via hydrulic oil preasure. If anyone has a suggestion on a Belarus parts supplier that is willing to have me explain the parts I need or can tell me if the expensive parts manual includes my set up, I'd sure thank you. Thanks again for responding ....

505M 3 point controls

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-14          190697

Search Belarus here. There have been a good bit of threads on them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login