Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Tractor Alternator Wiring and Model Help MTZ50

View my Photos
stevie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-19          184676

I just bought a tractor that has been lying in a field for ten years. I have no way of knowing what model it is. I think it is an mtz 50 (maybe a super?) its 1978 (date on cab plate) with a D60 engine. Is there any way of telling what model it is, chassis no.etc ?

Also, the grounding switch on the floor for starting the tractor was seized. There is a locking button on the top of it to keep it on. Does this be left on all the time after the tractor has started?

Also, cows ate the wires off the alternator. There were three wires towards the outside of the tractor, white, black and orange. These run to a big relay at the front of the tractor mounted on the power steering unit then back to the dash. I need to know which terminals these wires go to on the alternator. There are also two finer red/pink wires attached to the engine side of the alternator which run up along the top side of the engine to a small black box just outside the front of the cab under the bonnet.

The previous owner told me that this tractor is 24 volts, it starts and runs really well, it is just not charging.

Will this tractor charge the two batteries whenever the ground switch is disconnected or does it be left on all the time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-25          184733

Talking generally (I've never seen a Belarus), no, you don't need a ground for a diesel to run.

To keep up the battery(ies) you need grounding, charging, connections, and regulation. (Make sure it IS an alternator, because most Eastern European tractors use generators, which makes a difference.) If you don't have all this, you can use it anyway if you cut the key once it's running (you won't have horn or lights), and put a charger to the batt. after every 10-20 starts. ....

View my Photos
ramirezraab

2022-01-27          200852

Hi, the Belarus MTZ50 originally works with 2 6V 200Ah batteries ....

View my Photos
JonnyRebel
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2022-01-31          200858

I have an owner's and service manual for a T25A, Not sure if it will be of any use but after scanning through them this particular tractor has an alternator. If you want, I can put them on Dropbox and give you a link here. ....

View my Photos
ramirezraab

2022-01-31          200859

ok, please ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2022-01-31          200860

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRebel | view 200858
I have an owner's and service manual for a T25A, Not sure if it will be of any use but after scanning through them this particular tractor has an alternator. If you want, I can put them on Dropbox and give you a link here.

Hi Jonny if you send me the manual I will post it on Tractorpoint so others can get it. you can email me

manual at tractorpoint.com ....

View my Photos
JonnyRebel

2022-01-31          200861

Will do...be looking for it... ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2022-01-31          200862

Here are the two Belarus T25A Owner and Repair Manuals

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j0AZ60RgEiQk4zPq0EJ77YvEqiTqU8YP ....

Link:   Belarus T25A Repair Manuals

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login