Go Bottom Go Bottom

Replace 24v Battery system

View my Photos
jlmacfad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-05-05          178322

I have always had problems with the 24v battery starting system ( two linked 12VDC batteries) on my Belarus 805. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of converting the starting power source to a power inverter which transforms 110 VAC to 24 VDC. I figured that if I can start my walk behind snowblower by plugging it in the wall, then the same principle should apply for any DC source. If that was feasible, what wattage and amperage would the inverter have to produce???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Replace 24v Battery system

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-05-06          178335

The whole concept of a 24 volt starting system is to reduce the amount of amperage required to do the work.

As for the power demand, it would be huge I'm sure.

I don't know about your tractor in particular, but my bigger ones have a pair of 'Group 8D' batteries that are each capable of somehing like 1,300 CCA (cold cranking amps).

To put it in perspective, you'd need a power supply that looked about twice the size of a good-sized arc welder and would probably cost you enough to make buying a new tractor cheaper.

What sort of problems are you having, those things are designed to start in minus goodness what temperatures!

I have a friend with one, he clears the driveway at my place up north with it. He works it commercially in really cold temperatures. It always starts like a dream.

Best of luck. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login