Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tanners Preserve Review leather cleaner and conditioner

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-15          152184

I have always been reluctant to put anything on the leather seats in my cars and the furniture in the house. But recently I had a change of heart on the leather stuff in the house since it is pretty dry from burning wood all winter.

My wife likes Ekornes scandinavian leather furniture so I thought I would buy the stuff recommended by the store at a ridiculous price of $30 per bottle. It seemed ok, so I tried it on my car seats. Hmmmmmm! Confined to the small space of a car with the windows closed, even after a couple of weeks the leather conditoner still makes my car smell like cat pee. Yikes!

So I decided to look for a product targeted at cars. After some research I came across "Tanners Preserve", they have a separate cleaner and another for the conditioner. I heard that that the cleaner smelt good, and that it did not make the seats look cheesy by making them "shiny".

I just applied the cleaner and then the conditioner and the product has very little oder, and what there is is not at all offensive. After applying my seats look more like show room new, ie. they are more consistent in color, and not shiny. Awesome, much better than I had hoped. And so far the smell of the other stuff is gone.

I'll let you know if it comes back.

Anyway, I give this product an excellent rating. Walmart used to sell it, but I had to go to an Auto Parts store to buy it.

Dennis

PS. I tried Tanners Preserve on my Ecco leather shoes, yup works great! I hadn't been taking good care of them and I had some scuffs in the oiled finish. Look great now.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login