Go Bottom Go Bottom

RTV 1100 with blizzard blade

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175798

The RTV's have amazed me as to the amount of snow that they push and I had thought that they could use a larger or wider blade.
To use them with the standard 72" blade on the level they will push a full blade with no trouble in two wheel drive!

So with this in mind when a customer asked me about a blizzard blade that was 78" wide I was excited to try it!

The problem that we had was ground clearance! two inches under the frame of the lift cylinder to the ground was all!
We also at the same time had a customer from another dealer trade his in because of this going back to the Kubota blade.
We installed a lift kit for an additional two inches and it works great.

So if you are going to try a blizzard blade on an RTV 1100 don't forget a lift kit when pricing the options! Otherwise you could add onto the Kubota blade with wings to do the same.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175801

I have a RTV900 and was wondering how they did pushing a blade. What are prices for the different plows and options you talk about? Does the kubota plow hydraulics work off the same hydro's as the dump box, or do they have a electrict driven pump? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2010-12-17          175810

The Kubota blades actually raise and lower electrically and if you get the power angle that will use the hydraulics from the dump.

Not knowing what your local market is I'll just ball park that the bigger systems with power angle are all around 4,000 for the blades.

The standard blade comes in around 2000 depending on how it is hooked up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login