kubota are junk: Articulated Tractors  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review kubota are junk: Articulated Tractors -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Articulated Tractors Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-31-2002, 14:46 Post: 44499
not happy with kubota
2002-10-31 14:46:17
 kubota are junk

I recently bought a new BX-2200. When I returned home I was using the loader and I noticed it was falling off the frame of the tractor. After inspecting the loader I noticed it was missing all the cotter pins,it was also missing some of the parts that hold the bushings on the loader. I contacted the dealer and he promised me the parts.A month later and several conversations with the dealer and kubotas main office,I still have no parts. Also the seat fell off.
.Nuts and bolts are always falling off it. Today i found a spring under it. Also the lights do not work anymore and the fuses were checked. Kubota will not honor the warranty. Everyone says Kubota is so great,sure until you have a problem. Beware,think twice before you buy one.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

10-31-2002, 15:12 Post: 44502
Mrwurm

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 kubota are junk

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with your Kubota. I hopd it's repaired soon. It really sounds like a dealer problem to me. The dealer is responsible for thoroughly checking your machine for loose fastners and missing parts before delivery. Also, the dealer is the one that installed your loader (in most cases). They are the ones that forgot your cotter pins and bushings. I would try to find out who the regional rep is for Kubota in your area. I'll guess that they've had trouble with this dealer before. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

10-31-2002, 15:47 Post: 44504
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 kubota are junk

Two points come to mind here, first, Not Happy, I beg to differ with your opinion of the equipment, but as the owner/operator of a small fleet of Kubotas I can tell you that your experience is definitely NOT normal. As was mentioned by others, a DEALER is responsible for every one of your complaints, not the manufacturer.

Please note that I said "A" dealer, not "your" dealer. This was not a slip of the keyboard. An increasingly common practice (unfortunately) is for dealers to (dare I say it) 'scam' other dealers. Here's how the 'fast one' works. Any manufacturer will insist that every dealer order a minimum level of inventory, however, in most cases they don't pay for it until it's sold and delivered, until that point it still belongs to the manufacturer. The manufacturer doesn't much care who buys it or from which dealer, so if you walk into a dealer and say I want a machine (in this case a Kubota BX) and they don't have one, they merely phone around (or check a computer-based central inventory) to find you one. The dealer with the unit in stock now MUST ('cause the manufacturer who actually owns the machine says so) let the other dealer sell it. Now the problem, the stocking dealer has had to receive, handle, store, and care for, a tractor he won't make a single dollar on, or gain a service customer from. The solution? Simple, the stocking dealer tells the selling dealer he has already assembled and PDI'd the unit, and he demands payment for same, which the selling dealer must, and does pay. Meanwhile the guy who normally sweeps the shop floor and empties the waste baskets, throws (literally most times) the unit together before the selling dealer shows up to claim it.

Now, here comes the real 'hook', not only did the stocking dealer make money which they did not deserve, but the customer (you in this case apparently) gets no value, only aggravation, for their money. Now the sweetener, you the angry customer, go down the road to the next nearest dealer, who appologizes profusely on behalf of the manufacturer, leans in close to you and whispers that he's heard this story before and for the sake of the Company's image he will make good to you, 'out of the kindness of his heart', and fix your machine up just perfect.

The end result? You the annoyed customer will never set foot in the (probably) honest dealership, but instead, will think the guy that actually screwed you in the first place is your best buddy and will (probably) not learn what actually happened for many dollars (err, umm, I mean years) to come.

My point, do a little investigating, you will probably find that a) I am probably at least real close to right, b) even in a forum such as this you will not find (thankfully) many with a feeling towards Kubota as yours, and c) that the tractor, present problems excluded, will give you many years of trouble-free puttering.

Don't believe me, ask around. If your dealer has any brains at all, he will give you a LONG list of satisfied customers.

Best of luck, and keep us informed, thats what this board is for.

10-31-2002, 16:01 Post: 44505
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 kubota are junk

Mruf, you are right and that does happen. Now it's to bad that you have had the tractor as long as you have and the repairs to the tractor that need to be done have not. Many of the pieces that you are refering to are assembled at the dealership not at the factory!

10-31-2002, 16:21 Post: 44506
DK35vince

kubota are junk

The selling dealer should be responsible to check over the machine .
Regardless of where the machine came from !!

11-01-2002, 10:15 Post: 44527
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 kubota are junk

Who from Kubota said they would not warrantee the tractor?

11-01-2002, 19:43 Post: 44536
dcsmith

kubota are junk

Wow man, do you like have a black cloud following you around? I have had 2 Kubotas with no problem. I once owned a Mitsubishi that had these kind of problems. I mean the seat did not fall off or anything, are you just pulling everyones chain? Did it occur to you to maybe check other parts of the tractor the dealer obviuosly mis-installed. Your kidding right? Is your last name Deere? Do you work at Agco? NH?

11-04-2002, 07:34 Post: 44583
Not happy with KUBOTA
2002-11-04 00:00:00
 kubota are junk

Look I am not making any of this stuff up, the seat fell off the machine.I did find out the light switch is bad on it. As far as who told me they would not warrantee? kubota headquarters. A Mr Chris told me 2 weeks ago it would all be taken care of. As far as the dealer goes, a jeff spencer from MB Tractor and equipment told me,"sometimes you get sloppy workmanship from american workers". This happens when they are built in U.S.A. The dealer blames KUBOTA and KUBOTA blames the Dealer.I even sent a letter to the president of KUBOTA and I have not received any reply. Also the dealer never filled out the dealer assembly check list.I have the orginal.Again beware of KUBOTA they are only good until you have a problem.

11-04-2002, 07:57 Post: 44584
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 kubota are junk

The place for you to start is the dealer. This tractor was not assembled right by his workers for what you have stated for problems other than the lite switch. It is not a Company problem other than they sell there units to a dealer that might not be living up to Kubota standards. The dealer is the one to straighten your problems on your tractor. I know that it is a hard time for you as a perchaser of a new product to have these problems when you come to the board here and here of the good things about these tractors and you have more problems with your tractor than the rest of the people put together. Be paitent as you did buy a good tractor it just wasn't put together right.

11-04-2002, 12:48 Post: 44599
Not Happy With kubota
2002-11-04 00:00:00
 kubota are junk

I think at this point KUBOTA should step in and somehow make the dealer responsible for the problems I am having. When I did talk to the main office they informed me the dealer sold 700 units in 2002 and they were surprised they were giving me a problem. They made it a point to tell me how good they were at selling. So I honestly believe that KUBOTA is not going to make any waves with this dealer.Its all about money. So I am probably going to hire a lawyer.I will keep you informed. I just wish they would help me fix these problems.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Articulated Tractors Forum

Thread 44499 Filter by Poster:
Art White 4 | buck 1 | Chief 1 | creato 1 | dcsmith 1 | DennisCTB 1 | DK35vince 1 | jeff r 1 | MRETHICS 1 | Mrwurm 1 | Murf 2 | not happy with kubota 3 |

Most Viewed

+ ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews Buying Info
+ Steiner and Ventrac Articulated 4WD Tractors
+ Power trac
+ For sale steiner 430 max 25hp
+ Ventrac or Steiner?
+ Steiner Loader for sale
+ R400 Kubota problems
+ Power-Trac
+ Steiner Snowblower
+ Steiner Question

Most Discussion

+ ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews B
+ Steiner and Ventrac Articulate
+ Power trac
+ Interchangeable Wheel/Track -
+ Power-Trac
+ Steiner Question
+ NH TC40D vs. JD 4400
+ kubota are junk
+ Becoming A Dealer
+ For sale steiner 430 max 25hp

Newest Topics

+ S no problem
+ Zetor zebra 2040
+ Steiner Rough cut 66 mower
+ lift arms dont work IH444
+ Steiner Tiller For Sale
+ Thoughts on a Farmall 4366
+ Steiner 430max belt problems
+ New Steiner 440 Model Review
+ Looking for a used Steiner mower for sale.
+ Steiner Utilimax

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines