Power trac: Articulated Tractors  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review Power trac: Articulated Tractors -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Articulated Tractors Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-28-2000, 14:53 Post: 20968
andrew

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Power trac

I am interested in hearing about experiences with the 400 models, with the loader, mower deck and snow blade. Are they well made and reliable?Andrew

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

11-11-2000, 17:59 Post: 21400
Bryan

Filter by User
 Power trac

Hello Andrew, my name is Bryan and I am also interested in any input concerning the 400 series Power-Trac machines. I have not had any responses to my thread posted Sept, 2000.As of today, I am seriously considering a trip to the Power-Trac facility, funds,ya know.I have talked to a rep there, he tells me that they will put a visitor up over night with lunch the following day to allow plant tour, run machines, meet people involved.......etc. I am a quite disappointed in the lack of response to my request for input from CTB. For what it is worth, I think the machines deserve a closer look. I saw one working on TV recently, breifly, but they sure were giving it a work out.The price is certainly attractive. It looks like a person could get a very well equipped machine, comparably powered, for the same money as a Steiner 430(machine only), and well below prices I have seen for Ventracs (machine only). Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

11-11-2000, 20:09 Post: 21407
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

Power trac

Bryan and Andrew, sorry you got no other responses about the Power Trac?; I guess the other guys are like me and never heard of them. But we sure might be interested in what you learn about them.

11-12-2000, 19:50 Post: 21441
Jim Hutchins

Power trac

I don't think that there is any power trac's close to me. The only thing that would scare me is that who is a dealer for these? I heard from a JD dealer that they don't set up dealers like most other tractor manufactures do. What about parts and service? The warranty does not cover hose's, batteries,belts and wheel motors!!! These are things that go first. Stick with a Steiner or a ventrac. The same mower deck that steiner built 20 some years ago will fit the new tractors today or ventrac. Also look at the trade in value on all three.

11-16-2000, 22:17 Post: 21566
cmedwards

Filter by User
 Power trac

Hi all... I too am interested in a Power Trac, in fact I'm planning on visiting them next week! I thought I'd start a list of "questions" to ask when I'm there, with the hope that you will add to it! I'll post answers/impressions after I visit.

1) Spare parts availablity / cost..
(I'm hoping that since the tractor is primarily hydralic that most of the parts are "off the shelf"..)
2) Durability of engines.. (I wouldn't expect real long life running the engines pretty much flat out at 3400-3600, but replacement engines are relatively inexpensive)
3) Quality of service manual... since no local dealers!
4) How well does the 400 series dig! (since I'm really interested in using it for light duty grading, etc)

Add to the list, I'd do my best to check out the machine and report back!

-Craig

11-17-2000, 08:45 Post: 21570
andrew

Filter by User
 Power trac

We shall all try to get a first hand review of the power trac series of tractors. I will hopefully be able to test operate one near me, but if anybody else is able to provide a factory review, please post it.
Andrew

11-18-2000, 17:47 Post: 21604
Bryan

Filter by User
 Power trac

Hey guys. I just watched the Power-Trac 400 series video (twice). This machine looks real good. I also talked to one of their salesmen this week, he tells me that in Dec., 2000 they will be offering a special. POSSIBLY, AND ONLY POSSIBLY a free attachment, or, a rebate similar to the one offered in Oct. The gas engine is not as fuel efficient, and the service life is shorter, but parts and knowledgeable repair advice and/or service is much more affordable and available. I am really looking forward to testing driving one of these machines, hopefully in Dec. And if it is all that it appears to be, I can't wait to save $3000 to $4000 dollars on the price of a comparable Steiner, even more so on a Ventrac. Not to mention the attachments. Keep talking guys.

11-18-2000, 17:55 Post: 21606
Bryan

Filter by User
 Power trac

It's me again. I forgot to mention that I talked to the owner of a landscape business south of Lancaster, PA. this week. He now owns 6 Power-Tracs that he has purchased over the last 3-4 years. He swears by them. He said he has owned all kinds of machines over the years, but the PT tops them all. Talk to ya later.

12-19-2000, 19:30 Post: 22640
Bryan

Filter by User
 Power trac

Hey fella!What happened to ya? Did you go to PT? What did you find? What did you see? What was your impression of the equipment? I am planning to go the week of Christmas. Is it worth the trip? Reply soon if possible. Thank you.

12-19-2000, 22:40 Post: 22647
cmedwards

Filter by User
 Power trac

Didn't get to make the trip over Thanksgiving. MAY get down there later this week... depending on weather! Otherwise, I'll have to wait till after New Year. Still seems to me like a good system for my needs, but you are locked into to their somewhat expensive attachments (compared to a standard 3 pt). As soon as I get any real hands-on experience I'll post!

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Articulated Tractors Forum

Thread 20968 Filter by Poster:
andrew 3 | Bird Senter 1 | Bryan 6 | bubenberg 1 | cecil1 1 | cmedwards 2 | denwood 3 | dr dirt 1 | ERNEST MATSON 1 | Jim Hutchins 1 | johara 1 | Pacesetter 1 | pequeajim 1 | Rich Rogers 1 | Ted Kennedy 2 | turfman 1 |

Most Viewed

+ ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews Buying Info
+ Steiner and Ventrac Articulated 4WD Tractors
+ Power trac
+ For sale steiner 430 max 25hp
+ Ventrac or Steiner?
+ Steiner Loader for sale
+ R400 Kubota problems
+ Power-Trac
+ Steiner Snowblower
+ Steiner Question

Most Discussion

+ ZETOR ZEBRA 2040 4WD Reviews B
+ Steiner and Ventrac Articulate
+ Power trac
+ Interchangeable Wheel/Track -
+ Power-Trac
+ Steiner Question
+ NH TC40D vs. JD 4400
+ kubota are junk
+ Becoming A Dealer
+ For sale steiner 430 max 25hp

Newest Topics

+ S no problem
+ Zetor zebra 2040
+ Steiner Rough cut 66 mower
+ lift arms dont work IH444
+ Steiner Tiller For Sale
+ Thoughts on a Farmall 4366
+ Steiner 430max belt problems
+ New Steiner 440 Model Review
+ Looking for a used Steiner mower for sale.
+ Steiner Utilimax

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines