Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
Matt Dewalt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-02          15293

I am looking into both brands of tractors and cannot decide which one I like better. I was wondering if those of you who have them could post your likes and dislikes of the tractors and the attatchments. Also, your pros and cons of dealer servicing and parts availability. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-05-02          15296

I think both are great products. After all, both were designed by the same people. For me the matter comes down to dealer support. My Steiner dealer is about 40 miles away, but the closest Ventrac dealer is 500 miles away. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
Ricky

2000-05-02          15297

I've used both the Ventrac 4000 & the Steiner S-20's, 420's & 430 Max's. The Ventrac 4000 is a lot more comfortable to drive than any steiner. The Ventrac also has bigger engine options than the steiners. And the price difference is very minimal if you compare the two with with the Kubota gas engine (which both tractors use) I think they are within $100.00 of each other. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
pequeajim

2000-05-03          15415

Matt:

I did a lot of research into both tractors, and asked a ton of questions to the dealers, and Jack, who patiently answered each of them. When it came down to it, the reason that I bought the Ventrac was for the had control and the larger engine. I'm not too sure that the large engine makes a ton of difference in going up and down hills, but the hand control for driving the thing, was a BIG sell for me. I just did not like leaning forward all of the time to drive the Steiner around. I live in Lancaster County, PA which is probably just short of Ohio in the amount of Steiner and Ventrac dealers, so that wasn't a problem.

Click on the picture link, and you can see a pic of the Ventrac that I bought. I really use this thing a lot. I mow 2.5 arces, and have a slip scoop that I have using the heck out of. There are some neat features that the Steiner does not have, although the Steiner is a really nice unit too. ....

Picture Link
Articulated Tractors Ventrac or Steiner

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
Hite

2002-11-27          45485

I like the Ventrac way better. I am only 13 but did alot of mowing with my uncles Ventrac that has 6 foot deck. I also did a little with my other uncles steiner but the Ventrac was way better for power and the comfort and the controls. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
Jeffrey Gill

2002-12-11          46037

LOVE my Steiner..I have a small horse farm here in mountains of NC. We get snow, and I use the blade for that..we have a 1.2mi driveway, and it gets the snow, and at the same time tows a little salt spreader, so after it scrapes, it spreads ice melter..sweet. I also have a LOT of horse manure to muck out of the barn. The Steiner's agility gets me and the slip scoop into areas that no other tractor can touch..(and I have two other tractors) I have the 410, and the 4wd is untouchable. Service is hard to comment on..Nothing has had to be done in 5 years to this machine other than one (1) fuel filter, and some hydraulic fluid replacement. It starts everytime, and runs like a champ. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
pspangler

2004-03-12          79639

I am also trying to decide between a Steiner and a Ventrac
I mow 5 acres weekly and another 10 bi-weekly. My problem is under ground springs. It's mid summer before my yard
dries out. I'm hoping that one of these all wheel drives will get me through the wet part without tearing everything up. I also like the turf and bar tires instead of the treads. Is anyone familar with mowing wet grass areas with either tractors? ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
dart36

2004-03-13          79739

I just posted looking for history on Ventracs. I have a steiner 410 and have a wet area in the spring. I just avoid it because the machine and deck in heavy. (about 1400 lbs)It will make small ruts. If you used duals on either machine it probably be better than another other machine on the planet. I've owned my steiner since 96 and its been a great machine. I've had two repairs which I wasn't happy about but machines are machines. Having owned a steiner the Ventrac apears to be what a cadilac is to a chevy. The Steiner brother's built the ventrac to improve on the machines they previously built which was the Steiner line. I have toured both factories and was really impressed with the improvement that ventrac made. The main thing is the oil filtration and having the tank above the pump to avoid any chance of pump scavanging air. Plus, from the driver standpoint its much more comfortable. I only drove the ventrac in the dealers parking lot compared to the 300 hours on my steiner. Bottom line for me is unless someone has a compelling story against the Ventrac I am trading in my Steiner. By the way I live on a steep hill and bars tires will slide sideways as you progess forward. The new tire design from Ventrac was designed to avoid that. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois

2004-03-17          80193

I'll be trying a demo Ventrac 3000 in a couple weeks. On paper it looks like a great unit for mowing with the tightest turning radius of the bunch. It may not be as versitile as some of the others if you need several implement, but I'm looking at the mower and slip scoop since I have other tractors. ....

Ventrac or Steiner

View my Photos
pequeajim

2004-06-21          89060

I cut 3-4 acres with my 4000 and have done so for four years. The tractor just keeps on going. I have also worked in wet areas around my yard that I did could not believe the tractor would drive through, but it did!

Very nice tractors for sure! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login