Go Bottom Go Bottom

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
ED HILTON
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-08          1573

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 OR IS THERE ANY ? DOES YANMAR MARKET TRACTORS IN THE SAME SIZES AS JOHN DEER IEE MOSTLY SMALLER YANMAR 18 HP AND SMALLER AND I DO NOT SEE JD IN THIS SIZE. ALSO I DONT SEE THE JD IN THE SMALLER UNDER 18HP SIZE.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos

1999-03-08          1590

Ed, Just some friendly advise since you have been posting quite a bit lately. Take your caps lock off when you type. You may be new to the net, but caps on means the same as if you are shouting when talking. It is done when you need to make a point. You will get more response without the caps. Some don't care but some do. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Jay

1999-03-09          1607

Yanmar produces compact tractors for John Deere. These tractors are modified to meet John Deere specifications, and the requirements of the American market.Yanmar also sells tractors under their own name in Japan and other countries.There are some Yanmar tractors that share most (but not all) parts with an American tractor.There are also Yanmar tractors that are completely different than any John Deere.The reason you mainly see small Yanmar tractors is due to the shipping cost.The smaller tractors are more econimical to ship to the U.S. and therefore more abundant.Yanmar makes tractors over 100 Hp. I have had several large Yanmar tractors, and been very pleased.You may want to look at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group at the link below.Jay ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos

1999-03-09          1608

Thanx I was interested to know the difference in order to swap parts and maybe in the furture buy a yanmar they certainly seem to cost less. Is their quality requirements the same as JD. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-03-09          1618

I would say Yanmar quality is as good if not better. They have sleeved engines. I had a Deere dealer call me to see if I could get a block for a small JD( I' a Yanmar dealer), because the cylinder wall was too thin to bore. I do not know if the bigger JD's are sleeved or not. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Charles Cooley

1999-03-14          1715

I just got this tractor and it seems to run very good but it is very hard to start. Any help, or sugestions.thanks Charles ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Tim

1999-04-16          2946

I currently own a Yanmar 336D mid size farm tractor w/fr. loader. As far as the tractor is concern I am very pleased with is performance. My only drawback is the availabilty of parts in a timely manner. I would look into this before the purchase of an Yanmar. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Glen Taylor

1999-04-18          3027

would like to know who is the closest yanmar dealer to missoula, montana that would have a parts line. does anyone have a yanmar email ordering parts address? ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
GLEN TAYLOR

1999-04-18          3028

you say your a yanmar dealer---do you supply parts?? looking for frontend tie rods? we are close to missoula, montana if you don't do you know anyone close to us that might and does anyone have email addresses to any yanmar dealers ?we have a 336D and a parts book to order from just need to know a dealer we can get parts from.??? ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Carolyn

1999-05-04          3451

Len:Can you get parts for a Yanmar YM2210D? I'm having a lot of trouble. Am a new tractor owner, so am not very knowledgeable and would appreciate any help you could give.Thanks.Carolyn ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Jason Lewis

1999-07-17          6060

Where can I get a ignition key made for a Yanmar? ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Lane

1999-08-07          6719

Im a deere dealer and every once in a blue moon a customer comes and argues with my employees that Yanmar and deere are the same. The reason I am here was to try and find a dealer to sent them to and came across this site. Listen Please Deere and Yanmar are NOT the Same tractor! John Deere builds65 hp and under Tractors in Agusta, GA. Not assembles but builds from the floorup.If any Ga Yanmar dealers are in Ga please send me and e-mail i can send you some business.Rumor has it now that the local Massey boys can get parts? ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
mike

1999-08-07          6724

I think where people become confused is that the compacts come with a Yanmar motor. Which we all know is built in Japan. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
William D. Carter

1999-09-26          8295

I have A Yanmar 240 I need A main bearing,seal and gasketif there is one and A thrust bearing. Is there A JD partnumber that would be the same?Woody Carter683 R.V.Lindley Rd.Moselle, Ms. 394549 ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-09-26          8303

I'm a Yanmar dealer & can have the parts you need shipped to you. For more information contact me at sheaftractor@coiinc.com or 815-284-3226 ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Lazenby's equipment

1999-10-29          9267

IM a importer of yanmar tractors and have never heard of 100 hp.yanmars. Yanmar makes the 50 hrp. and below john deere's i know.Please write me back. thanks, Lazenby's equipment Co. ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Mike

1999-11-03          9390

Looking for the service manual for the Yanmar 2010D tractor. Any help? ....

YANMAR VS JD

View my Photos
Jay Brown

1999-11-03          9399

Mike,There is not an English service manual for the YM2010. However there are manuals for similar American Yanmar tractors available.We are a Yanmar dealer and can provide you with parts and manuals.Please contact us at:Affordable Equipment, Inc.600 Ross AvenueEasley, South Carolina 29640864-859-2623 Phone864-859-4157 Faxorparts@affordableequipment.comJay ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login