Go Bottom Go Bottom

Reasale value

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-10          73622

I belong to several tractor sites and one thing I see constantly come up is resale value.
Is there a site where the average person can see what the average resale prices for differant makes and models currently are ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Reasale value

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73630

Here's a pretty good site ....

Link:   click me

Reasale value

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-10          73631

Thanks Billy,
I was aware of that site.
Are these current resale prices ?
I always see claims that brand X has a better resale value than brand Y and I would like a way to find out if it is fact or babble.

The reason I ask if these are current prices is Machinery link lists prices that seem very high to me !
Example
Kioti DK 35
Premium condition- $14,310
Good condition-$13,760
Fair condition-$13,120
Problem is all these figures are higher than I paid for the tractor brand new 2 years ago.

Reasale value

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73633

I've noticed that too Vince. Maybe they're starting with MSRP and depreciating it from there? ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-10          73635

It might be useful if we could have some sort of a "Price Paid" database on TractorPoint. People would enter info on their purchases (brand, model, year, hours, implements, price paid, date purchased, etc.) and a search function could be implemented to pull up prices on equipment. This would be a great feature.

Easy for me to say, since Dennis has to do the work :) ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-10          73636

Are there other sites I can use for resale info ?
Where do dealers find what a tractor is worth ?
Are these dealer only sites or information ?
I quess my question is when someone claims their tractor has a higher resale value, how do they know this as fact ?
Where did they find their #'s.
The reason I ask is I see the resale issue used so often, especially for non- big 3 tractors,on all tractor sites not just this one, I wonder were they get this information ? ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-10          73638

I would imagine there exists somewhere a "kelly blue book" for tractor prices. How else would dealers figure trade in allowances? Or, maybe they just pull the prices out of an orifice somewhere.. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-10          73644

Most all the info that these companies use comes from dealers. Do I trust them, no. I find that I don't spend the time to fill them in beacuse I prefer to be here with you, The numbers don't have to be documented in any way as being accurate. The true measure a dealer looks at and is fair market are auctions. Not a small one that might not have been advertised in the right places to attract bonafide buyers but one that many units there. The manufacturers actually like for the dealers to respond to the market sheets regularly and they do keep track of the percentages of the mainline dealers sending them in to help boost there resale prices. Truth be known the lowest priced dealer on the block starts the resale price policy. There are also pockets of strong dealers of one make or the other and those areas have strong or higher prices for there products then the others. This is the same as in the auto industry. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-10          73654

I have seen auction company sites that have posted some prices that equipment has brought at recent auctions.
I don't have a web page, but I have seen them. (maybe
try equipment trader online ? They have listings from all over, and you could average them out to get in the ball park.
I think it is like alot of things it's what the "market
will bear".
I used our local Swap or Sell guide to watch prices on used
and new.
good luck
Post one if you find something. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-11          73699

In Economics, 'market valve' doesn't have much meaning except when money actually changes hands. It takes a very large number of almost identical transactions for average prices over N.A. to bear much relationship to an individual in a particular place who is looking to buy or sell a used tractor. I don't think there are near enough sales of particular models a year for averages to have a lot of meaning--especially since most of us tend to treat our tractors like Vikings and their long ships. Besides, I think that owners as we know them around here would make more for unique than similar transactions. I'm happy Art chooses to spend his time here. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
dsg

2004-01-11          73711

Dennis, What did you do with all that Tractor price info. you were collecting about 4-years ago? I remember sending you some that I had, I have sence lost it from changing computers. It would be nice to have a data-base to browse.

David ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
DSP348

2004-01-11          73719

You want a copy of "outdoor Power Equipment: Official Guide." http://www.ironappraiser.com You can buy individual appraisals online here too. I bought the book when I was shopping but have never used the online version. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-11          73742

Thanks for the website.I'll check it out.
Any more resale/appraisal sites would be appreciated. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-12          73829

Tom, my wife doesn't like to talk tractors, she is a teacher and likes to talk kids! I've learned a lot and I like to give back and I have done some business from here so it does work out. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-13          73849

I have that issue myself. My wife is an early-retired teacher. Since both of us are early-retired and don't have jobs or businesses to go to, too much tractor or kids talk can stress things a bit. Since we don't have a feed store and it's too cold to stand around much at the dump it's good this board is here. The opinions are probably better than the average feed-store too.

It's good for everybody to give something back to the community in whatever ways they can and I wish everybody understood that. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-13          73851

I find that just like in big cities and turnpikes, all to many lives have turned into one way streets! What a waste. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-01-14          73979

I recently sold three old tractors. I priced them according to machinery link .com and surprisingly got my price on 2 so far. I sold a JD 2010 for $3500.00 (In 5 hours), a 53 cub for $1900.00 in about 7 days and this weekend I am putting out a 53 ford jubilee for $2400.00 which people have already inquired about. The price on machinery link .com for my TC33d is higher than I paid new 22 months ago. Now I am shopping for a backhoe for the TC33 I am I am getting a rhino since it is identicle to the NH and cost less. ( Rhino makes NH) Art what brands other than Kubota do you sell? ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-14          73985

The prices on machinery link look fairly accurate on older machines but high on newer machines.
I think Billy P. was correct, they must start from MSRP and depreciate from there. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-14          74001

We have a web site, far from the best but it does cover the company. We have the farmall's from CASE-IH, Cadet's,and Kubota for compacts. ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-01-16          74202

Art what is the address of your co. web site? ....

Reasale value

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-16          74203

There is a kubota tractor to the right to get there. Other wise it's, www.whitesfarmsupply.com ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login