Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dennis new problems And a request

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-21          62340

Dennis, since the thread pagination feature was added I've had a couple of instances when viewing a thread where I click on either 'reply' or 'pop-up reply' and a pop-up window displays without the reply dialogs - it actually contains the contents of the

Discussion Boards > Messages as Posted > Active Subjects

query.

Also, a request. Would it be difficult when clicking on a follow-up post to take you directly to the page that the post is displayed on? It seems to always take you to the first page in the thread, and when you're following a thread it would be useful to take you to the end of the thread.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-21          62343

I noticed this also, but only in one instance where there was one item on the second page. I don't know if this is significant, but it happened consistently. When I went to the "first" page and replied from one of those postings, it worked the first time. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-21          62349

AC, that's a great observation. It does seem to be quite repeatable when replying to a post which is the only one on the last page of a thread. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-08-21          62367

Thanks guys I'll see if I can repeat that and fix it!

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-08-22          62454

I think I have corrected this problem which occurred if you were on a page other than page one that had only one message on it.

Let me know if you see anything else.

I will also work on trying to make the today page go directly to the last page of the thread so you don't need to do multiple clicks.

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-08-22          62456

The "New as Posted" and "Active Subjects" pages now take you to the most recent message on the thread.

All other forum pages take you to the first message in the thread.

Hope this works well for most of you.

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-22          62457

I just happened to reply to a thread where there was one post on the last page of the thread and it seems to work fine now. Thanks for the quick fix Dennis!

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-22          62461

I mostly use the "new as posted" method to read messages so the jump-to-last feature works great for me. Thanks so much - on a slow dialup this kind of click-saving saves a lot of time. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-08-23          62522

Dennis,

I have edited pictures down to 20kb and do not seem to be able to upload. My only success was a picture I had of myself that I had reduced to 1.98kb and of course when it uploaded to the board was small. As you can see from my pictures, only the top portion of number seven made it. The other ones are reduced far more than I wanted them to be, but I was able to install them awhile back.

Thanks ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-08-23          62523

I don't know what is going on here now, the entire pic showed up when I viewed my post! ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-24          62569

Morning Cutter. I wonder where you are taking the file size from? The size given by WIN Explorer should be the size that is uploaded.

Even though I don't use it, I think the pic feature Dennis came up with is a very useful and a good compromise to keep site traffic manageable.

For people who want to tinker a bit, an alternative for is to use personal net service accounts and place a link in posts. Most accounts have enough default space and traffic allowances so a number of large pictures can be kept and never exceed the standard account allowance. It just takes a few basic lines of HTML code and maybe free FTP software to upload the pics. Many newer browsers already have a built-in HTML editor and upload capabilities.

Doing it my way allows me to post detailed technical drawings where the resolution wouldn't be good enough if I had to edit them down to a 30K limit. It's really very easy to do but likely not for everybody. The limitation is that pics are linked to posts through the link. Somebody who looks at last week's post and expects to see a pump will find some scenery today. It would be simple enough to keep more than one pic plus some explanation but one at a time works for me but maybe not for some readers of old posts. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-08-24          62576

Good morning Tom. I edit the pics and then save to my desktop for deletion when I am through. If you right click on the picture and select properties it will give you the size of the picture.

I do have a website, just have not had time all summer to spend building/utilizing it. I am still dealing with ice storm damage, have a hand coming today to help chop roots and landscape the area where I removed four trees a couple of weeks ago. Worked on the electric for my barn yesterday and then took the boss out to dinner. Company dropped by, a few toddies later it is 0200hours, ouch! Waaaaayyy past my bedtime. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login