Go Bottom Go Bottom

food plots

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-25          55532

hay doc how's them plots coming with the new deere?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-25          55547

I just picked up the adjacent 80 acres so I have spent a WHOLE LOTTA time cutting and burning to get some clearings. I will be getting in the main plot this weekend. We have a good amount of rye up now that was planted last fall as a quick crop. I finally got a 8x12 storage barn up and painted ( THANK GOD !) so I can stop toteing everything back and forth. I am clear cutting another acre now and still trying to open my main plot to five acres. I hope to get the trees cut for cross roads and have them dozed by fall. In short its slow going but a whole lotta fun. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-25          55548

I will have some photos up next week. How are yours doing ? I have a lot of activety so far this spring although the Turkey population seems to have suffered from a hard winter. I need to get up a motion sensitive camera so I can get a photo of that big black trouble maker that keeps comeing around. I had a stump I wanted to get rid of so I poured molases on it and sure enough the big fella took it right out for me. Lol ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-05-25          55552

As you see in pic 5 the clover is already 11 inches high,that pic only shows one corner but plots run along entire creek bank roughly little overhalf acre don't have photo's of my others yet (dead camera)last time there.planted cow peas and beans this spring also it was just starting to show sprouts last time I was there.posted it on slot one but it only shows up if you go through internet exployer, on aol it still shows wife mowing.all in all I have 3 acers going, Going to try to add 2 more this fall. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-25          55554

Hey old buddy looks like your in the same boat as me. First I had to talk my wife into a tractor and now I hardly get to use it ! lol. Ps. my wife went to school in Kirksville, spent 4 years in MO. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-26          55643

Plots, what type of seed are you useing ? this year I am going with the Whitetail institute Alpha Rack. Ever use It ? ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-05-26          55666

Ya doc, it's a real good product, I think we covered this in past post. PLANT IT THEY WILL COME. just spent $950 this spring on correct products needed for soil as stated in my soil sample, for my 9 acer field. i'm going to be seeding the other 2 acers I talked about in last post with that same product, this fall.and ya I think the whitetale instute makes a great product, I use nothin but there stuff.

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-26          55672

Plots, I cant find that strand. Either the beavers ate it or I am just blind. ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-05-27          55698

Doc , what strand is it you can't find? ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-27          55700

Plant it and they will come ! lol. ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-05-30          56027

look at ther site ....

Link:   

Click Here

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56236

I got two plus acres tilled and seeded this weekend. Man was I thrilled doing this with a tractor instead of a walk behind tiller. It was actually fun. I seeded with Alpha rack and some white tail clover. I have another small spot that I am going to use rye on and another with rape. They are tilled and I hope to seed them this comeing saturday. I got a few photos up but they are small. I think I need to turn the resolution on the digital camera down so I can use larger photos but it is a start. ....

food plots

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-06-02          56241

Doc,

If you mouse over your images and then right click, and select properties you will see that your images are only less than 5k bytes. Your images can be up to 30k. All you need to do is select a different reduction percent if you are using the MS paint How To I wrote.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56258

Dennis, when I try to make the image any larger it wont transfer and I get a frame telling me the image is larger than 30mb ? I do see what you are saying above. Am I doing something bass ackwords or do I just need to turn the resolution on the camera down and re-take the photos ?? ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56287

Hey I think I figured it out....just follow the directions. Mom always said I was a little slow. Thanx for the help. with out being able to print the directions I would NEVER have figured it out. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-15          57671

Plots, I was at my property yesterday to Prep the area for the new deer blind. It has been two weeks since I seeded with The White Tail Institute Alpha Rack. The results are pretty amazeing. By far the best of any of the other products I have used so far. The whole field is green already in just two weeks. I Tilled and seeded my roads yesterday with Ladino clover. I can see from where the seed is growing better in foot prints and tire tracks that some sort of seed roller will be at the top of next years list. How are yours doing ? ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-15          57675

clover is doing great, already mowed it to 6inches couple of weeks ago. cow peas and beans seem to be real sprutic. waiting to seed alpha rack untill fall. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-15          57677

How tall does it get before you mow it and what do you use to mow it ? ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-15          57686

It was 13 inches before I mowed , I use my brush hog ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-16          57765

What kind of a brush hog are you useing ? I want top look into one and see if its something I can use on the 2210. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-16          57767

Plots1 & Doc, great pics! Plots1, how much weight can you pick up with the loader forks? I am trying to move a Fort Knox gun vault and don't want to overload the tractor. Looks like both of you should have an nice stand of Deere candy come hunting season. I keep the pasture mowed with the MMM to a height of about 5 inches. Keeps the grass shoots nice and tender. The deere love it. It is amazing how they could care less about you while on the tractor but walking they high tail it. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-16          57770

Chief, You need to get some photos posted. I sure am glad I dont need to move my safe, When the house goes it goes. I had to pay a few xtra bucks to have them carry it down stairs but it sure was worth every penny. I just wish I would have bought a bigger one ! ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-16          57795

I lifted two ful 55 gal drums on the front forks around 1000lbs so far. not bad considering they say 825 is the max for the 419 loader. It will lift more than I have so far but going to need more ballast on the rear to keep it from gettin light. how do you like that frankenstien creation I made the forks myself out of scrap steel and about 3hrs of welding.they work great! ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-16          57796

Doc I have a 5 ft kk brand, picked it up on sale for $489.00 . It's not the best thing out there but seem to do a great job. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-16          57800

Do they have a web site ? I am going to pick up a 5' rear blade tomorrow. ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-16          57801

Not sure Doc, bought mine around KIrksville. king kutter is the name of it . heard a lot of people talk about them on this site. ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-23          58172

Plots, Did you innoculate your cow peas ? I put in 1/4 acre of a Tecomate mix with cow peas/sorgum etc and I miss read the label. I thought it said the seed had already been innoculated. OOOPS ! ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-23          58187

I used power plant from whitetale institute. It did not say you had to. I just brodcasted then disked them in. mine are kinda growing hit and miss. dom't know what to think just yet. I'll be putting alpha in it's place in sept. power plant is a mix of cow peas ,beans , sunflowers . look at web site I posted in earler post to check it out ....

food plots

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-25          58257

Have you fertizized or used lime at all ? ....

food plots

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-25          58308

yeah, about 8 tons of stuff that soil sample called for on 9 acer field , lime, postash, potasim,sulfur,and fertlizer it called for , I took my sample to MFA and they set me up with what needed. had to have neibor pull spreader through feild beings the buggy full of the stuff was about 9.5 tons, just a little much for the 790.he's 6410 deere had no problem. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login