Go Bottom Go Bottom

Format Change And PREMIUM Member Allternative

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-31          52253

The New Format change is dictated by operating costs.

Anyone who would like to Join as a "Premium Member" will get the OLD FULL Thread Format.

To Join as a "PREMIUM Member" Click on the link below or on any of the links inside the message threads.

The fee of $19.98 will be for an Annual Membership. All Memberships expire on December 31.

Thanks for your understanding that it takes alot of time effort and money to run and build this Board for you guys, and your Membership / Participation is sincerely appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis
TractorPoint

Link:   Sign Up for Premium Membership

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-31          52257

I saw we need some more sponsors, I talked with the local Ford, IH and Mahindra dealer Saturday. We have some good sized dealers in the area. We need more to consider it a resource.
Peters ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-03-31          52286

Thanks Dennis I do not mind paying for a good service. I do 3 sites none are as elaborat as yours but they do take considerable amont of time, of which I have very little of during the construction season... Thanks again for a good service via the internet.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-03-31          52292

Harvey,
You have been with us since the days of Roger Loving.
Thanks for your Posts and kind words.
Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-03-31          52293

New Premium Members!

You will need to Login Again to enable this feature. This will reset your TractorPoint "cookies".

The word "Elite" will appear next to your userid at the Top of the page if your membership is a Premium account.

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
Randy Eckard
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-01          52323

Dennis,

You mentioned Roger Loving, what ever became of him?

Randy ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-04-01          52336

I confirmed what I thought. Clicking on the 'read more' links loads the rest of the comment from the site. There's less traffic and therefore less server costs if the links aren't used. Originally entire threads were loaded each time a person clicked on one and each time a person went back to one. From this perspective the new format is a far better solution than attempted on other sites.

I'll purchase the plan. I certainly create a lot of incidental traffic and it'd be good if I helped pay for it. Ironically, I might be getting used to the new format and actually stick with the 'read more' links. When I think of how many hours a year I spend here the $20 isn't worth thinking about. I don't think I could find a recreation that costs any less per hour--especially since I don't consider TV recreation or watching ads as being without cost.

I face a similar situation myself. I recently put a catalogue search engine for our Library Board on my own small web host service because I think there is enough capacity under the plan. If I start getting unexpected traffic I could find myself jacked into buying a larger plan or having to hand out passwords to use the library catalogue. This hosting stuff isn't free and the idea that ads will pay for it crashed quite awhile ago.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-01          52415

Randy,

Some of us have been able to exchange emails with him some time ago. I fear that he may not be doing so well, did not seem to be himself. But I would rather think of him as being just too busy rebuilding a Yanmar Tractor out in Colorado.

For those who are new to the board use the search feature for "Roger L" for the posted by search. Roger's last post was just over a year ago, he certainly has some of the best Tractor wisdom on this Board, check it out!

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
Kris,From,NC

2003-04-06          52668

I would like to become a premium member; but when I click on the link nothing happens. I have also tried to click on the link to read more and nothing happens. How do I know if I pay to become a member I won't have problems then?

Kris ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-04-06          52669

Kris, I've had that same problem since the last change. If you'll click on the 'Click to Read More' then right click it on your tool bar and click Maximize, the window will pop up.

I thought it was an issue with only my pc but I guess it's not.

Billy ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-06          52674

The only reason I can think of is you don't have "javascript" enabled,or you have some "popup window" filter that you need to set to allow TP windows to open.

I have changed the set up so you can get to the either the "premium" member page or the reply page without opening a popup window ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-04-07          52720

So I saw myself labeled 'supreme being' this morning and thought 'Yikes!' Sure made me feel inadequate till I saw a few other supreme beings. Fortunately modern times dilutes almost everything and supreme takes on a different meaning' It's good that here 'supreme' has plenty of good company. The term used in the original sense is capitalized. We're only 'capital' here in a British sense.

I personally think that a lot of red is hard on the eyes, so blue would be a better colour for a supreme being. Of course I do own a relatively new Ford. Otherwise a supreme being would be red and gray.

View my Photos
TomG

2003-04-15          53155

Cutter: Dennis did it. For you too I notice and I imagine for the same reason. In the evolution of this premium member buz we went through various honourific titles. The titles keep getting more realistic even if we do end up by honouring green above all else. Well, I hope I've transcended all this colour identification stuff. I don't like to think of myself as being 'branded.' I grew up with a different meaning for the term than is now used by marketing types. I'm just happy enough to be here participating with or without titles. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-04-15          53178

Weeeellll shiver me timbers, I have green machines too! First I have seen them with my name. Thanks for the information Tom. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-15          53181

All Premium Members get a 1 to 5 Tractor rating to help new people to TractorPoint understand just how much you have contributed to our knowledge base.

Remember if you are a premium member you just need to log in to TractorPoint to enable your Premium view capability.

I will also be adding any photos Premium Members submit to their individual member Profile page. That way people can just click on your member name to see your pics.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-04-15          53182

Thank you for making these changes Dennis. I will check out the picture feature, I have some dandies of the ice storm I would like to post. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-04-16          53221

I kind of liked the Ninja theme, kinda takes me back to my martial arts days as a youngster, LOL.

However the tractors are probably an easier concept to follow.

As Tom mentioned however, a little choice in paint schemes would be a nice touch......

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-04-16          53223

I would have to have three green ones and two orange ones....

Dennis, the picture thing would be really cool.... when does it start?

Also, am I seeing a change in the e-mail notification? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-16          53229

Mark,
Yes there is, but I will probably restore the old way on "email notify" for Premium members.

Murf,
When I get a chance I will change it to a to Green, Orange, Blue and Yellow Tractors if I can find some pix that make sense. Or maybe I will make an TractorPoint symbol that is color blind!

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
cutter

2003-04-16          53245

Dennis,

Since this board seems to have a great deal to do with helping those lost or searching for an answer it could be said to be somewhat of a compass for tractor/technical assistance. How about a four point compass with a different color tractor for each direction as the Tractor-Point symbol. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-16          53263

Cutter,

The Murf beat you to it. Murf found some neat icons that I used to give you guys a mix of your favorite colors. Those of you like Red or Orange, I could not differentiate between them in this size icon, so just pretend its red or the orange that you favor.

DennisCTB
TractorPoint

View my Photos
harvey

2003-04-17          53271

GEEZZZZ Dennis I thought you did GOOD! But I also suspected you would have to find the different colors. Green is good , It reminds me of American money :-)...

Keep the good stuff comming
Harvey ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-04-17          53292

Dennis, I finally got a digital camera and when you are ready I want to post some pics. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-04-17          53293

the colors are neat, although i wish mine would of stayed green beings I have a deere.but it doesn't matter, just like being a part of the site. i think the pics will really be a neat thing on the site,cant wait to see some. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-04-17          53299

I'm glad to see the differnt colors of tractors. But then I looked and thought ok I have some, now he has me covered in all ways. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-04-17          53306

This could turn into a real revenue generating avenue for you here Dennis, for an extra $4.95 a month premium members get custom coloured tractors below their name....

Heck, if it works you could also put a price on things like custom fonts, text colours..... the sky's the limit.

Seriously, I was very happy to be able to help out, it's the least I could do to with all the time & effort you put into this great site Dennis.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-04-18          53376

I don't want to sound cheap here Dennis, but, a good many of us offer free advice to many, on alot of subjects. To receive a "teaser" email notification and then have to waste another ten minutes or more trying to find the response in TP,(not toilet paper), seems a little off key to me. Even the prompt link in the teaser email doesn't respond.

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-04-19          53407

OK Dennis, the messages are once again back on email...sometimes. Whatever you did helped somewhat, but still not all the way. What about the link statement on the email notification...that is 100% nonfunctional, any thoughts?

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-19          53409

Willie,

I have looked into the link thing and I find that if I am using Microsoft Outlook, the links open a browser with the page, if I use Outlook Express, I see the link but it does not open a Browser window. The link in the note is good, so if you cut and paste it into you browser address box it works great.

I do have Outlook as my default email package, and I have not seen a setting that must exist in Outlook Express that allows you to open another Browser window based on the link in the email. So I think the problem is with the email package.

And yes I am messing with it but in a test area you cannot see. The short of it for now is that the full message alert is still going to be for the "elite" rated premium members only.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-19          53411

Premium Members!

I am soon to complete our new Premium member only Photo capability.

You will be able to upload, modify and maintain your TractorPoint Photo album of up to 5 Images.

Images will be accessible when a member clicks on your name and brings up your profile. Your Profile will have a link to your album page.

Premium Members will adminaster their Photo album from their personal profile page by clicking on "myProfile" on the menu.

Loading a new image into the same album position replaces the old image.

The current size restriction is 30 kb for each image. This means that you will need to do some compression before sending them to TractorPoint. I suggest you use a package such as "jasc Photo Shop Pro" or similar package. You should resize your image so that it is less than 300px wide and use the jpg image type. Keep on making adjustments until you get the file size right.

If you attempt to load an image larger than 30 kb, the system will abort the load as soon as it hits 30kb. The image will then appear truncated on your TractorPoint Photo Album page.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-04-19          53418

The Photo Upload Album Feature is now up for your use

Only Premium Members can Post Images, but everyone can view them by clicking on the posters name.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-04-23          53651

I am going to have to agree with WilleH on this new forum format. I haven't been a member that long and I was under the impression that this place was a forum for the FREE exchange of ideas and advice. Guess I will be moving on to †¬actor!$net when I am completely locked out (I really resent the idea that I am not allowed to mention another site!). You have a great forum here with a LOT of experience and great folks as well. It has just become a matter of principle with me lately.......seems like just about everytime I come across a great forum or site on the internet they are free (the teaser) and sooner of later start charging for it. That is when I just move on. Hope you guys will reconsider. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-04-27          53832

I too only have tried to use free sites. Just log on with your e-mail address and you are a member. My in-box stays full of garbage from those folks that sell their address books to support their sites. Yahoo... I belong to some embroidery lists YUK! what a system. Pop up adds, If I use a blocker I'm blocked out, Forced adds in the middle of a topic. Forced adds between topics... I won't even go into the other free sites that have 6 pop-up windows before you can hit the stop button and go back 8 clicks...

The info on yahoo is important for our side business to keep current with industry and tweaks to commercial software. So we tolerate it.

This by far has been the easiest site to navigate on. Other changes Dennis made caused me some stress. But he has a good site and as others have said. This may have more than I need to know every day But if I have a concern about something a search of the data base makes member ship a very cheap tool vs a trucking bill or service call from dealer if I can resolve it myself.

I also use tractornet for my old M stuff and old tractor shows a lot of history there. Nothing quite like fooling with the old tractors. Wish I could afford a couple of old JD's. But I started out on Farmall's so I'm happy with the Red.

I would bet somewhere tractor net will have to charge for their service. As others have mentioned these sites are not cheap to operate and the time involved is tremendous. Some one has to support them.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-04-29          53998

Well folks, the weather is improving, and the cabin-fever is getting pretty severe, now on top of that I'm suffering froma bad case of 'picture envy'. Since I am still forbidden from going to the office, even if only to raid my computer, I posted some old pictures I had on my old home computer.

The first is the house and immediate area, the second is the 'Toy Box' (or shop to everyone but my good lady), and the third is one of the Toys, a JCB TLB that got retired to domestic duties.

Hopefully a couple of pics of my shiny new 'Bota are soon to follow, then some of the home-brewed implements, etc.

Merk, nice job on that drag conversion with the box blade.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login