Go Bottom Go Bottom

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-20          21649

I just test drove a 2910 Kubota today. It seemed to be a bit clamorous with metal side panels vibrating when brought up to 2000 R.P.M..I was impressed with the smooth, quiet engine and overall quality but find the noise quite intolerable. The dealer stated that the metal fabricated hood and side covers tend to do that on these machines. I tried a New Holland that had absolutely no noise except the engine. Is this the accepted scenerio, or just a Kubota that is out of adjustment and alignment. I also noticed some noise on a JD 4100 I tried, just the hood vibrating and not nearly as bad as the Kubota. Any ideas on this? Suggestions? I very much like the size and feel of the Kubota.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

test drive

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-21          21665

I would wonder if the side panels were really locked. When new sometimes they take a little more help to get them locked in. There should have been little to no noise from them. The most noise from the hoods if any should have been around the idle when the tractor was cold. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-21          21666

I would wonder if the side panels were really locked. When new sometimes they take a little more help to get them locked in. There should have been little to no noise from them. The most noise from the hoods if any should have been around the idle when the tractor was cold. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Elkoboy

2000-11-21          21673

I don't notice any noise from the side panels on my 2910 at all. Make sure the panel lower corner tabs are set properly into the bottom channels and firmly locked into the tab locks at the top corners. It isn't that hard to slightly misalign the panels which could lend to metal vibrating against metal. Those top spring locks are pretty stiff too. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-11-21          21676

Thank you. It appeared the front section of the grill did not seem to fit very well with the side panels on the bottom of the assembly. The tabs were locked in place, I checked that. Something was definitely out of place, or poorly aligned at the factory. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Mike

2000-11-21          21683

Doc,sometimes the front grill will pop out of its mounts when hood has been unlatched and raised.Check to see if bottom of the grill is seated and the top is popped back into place,before closing the hood.We have a B2710,and I've never had any vibration if all the panels are intact. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-11-21          21686

Thank you. I will look at it again, but one would presume the selling merchant would be on top of his/her merchandise. Business must be very good! ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-11-24          21763

I took another look at the grill and side panels on the 2910. The grill was not properly fastened at the bottom. The noise seems to be coming from the left side panel top right corner at the fastening point. I believe it is a loose fit there and could be remedied with a peice of self adhesive type foam or the like. Any real good comparisons in the marketplace between the durability and features of the 2910 and New Holland Tc29D? Thanks to all. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Art White

2000-11-27          21863

It's great to look at all the tractors but what else are you going to buy? Do you need a belly mower? Have you looked at the pulley's and the belts on them to compare your life and cost of those components? Have you looked at the loaders and where their maintaince points are? When you do this often times that will lead you to what is the best built. ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-11-27          21870

Good point Mr. White. I have done some of that. Correct me please if my observations are inaccurate. The Kubota has it's fair share of grease fittings on the tractor as well as does the John Deere, however much looks to be ungreasable or permanent lubrication type. The New Holland seems to have the most, when super steer is included, the fittings appear to be endless on that machine. The loaders are all pretty comparable. The kubota mower looks to be built with durability of all components in mind and has the best wheels by far, as well as what appears to be some cast iron hardware. The New Holland is sheer bulk steel but has cheap pulleys and wheels. The John Deere deck looks to be an inferior unit all together, stamped deck and cheap wheels. The Kubota tractor is all sheet metal and steel(like an automobile), the John Deere is a mixture(I think) of metal and plastic on top and steel below, and the New Holland is all pastic on top and steel on the bottom, much like my Corvette. How observant have I been? ....

test drive

View my Photos
Art White

2000-11-27          21871

Doctor you have done some very good homework. Now what will give you the most bang for your buck! The Corvette doesn't count!!! ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-11-27          21872

It is a clear choice, much like this years election. Truth or less than truth (oh, sorry about that). I meant to say fiberglass or sheet metal. I like the Blue and the Orange. I have a hill in the back to mow. The Kubota has a lower center of gravity yet the New Holland presents a wider stance and tires to match. Any idea as to the winner here? ....

test drive

View my Photos
JonB

2000-11-30          22003

Doctor, I've a green one so my opinion is totally unbiased and sheer speculation. But if I were you, I'd ask to see what each tractor's manual recommends concerning the slope. You might also consider installing a tilt-meter (I think that's the term) on your final choice. Also check of the following site. Best of luck. JonB ....

Link:   How can I operate my tractor safely on a hillsides??

test drive

View my Photos
Markus Dammermann

2000-12-15          22497

Doctor, take a look at a Massey Ferguson if you have a MF dealer somewhere near you. The 1200 series tractors are steel at the top and cast/metal at the bottom. My 1240 with R4 tires works pretty well on slopes and has plenty of nice features like 16x16 shuttle transmission and good 3-point hydraulic performance. Don't just buy on color, or you might end up having to install a tilt-meter on your wallet... ....

test drive

View my Photos
Doctor Allen

2000-12-15          22499

Thank you. I am still pondering what to do. The Kubota has a great deal of power without the weight and size of some tractors. An attractive feature. I am unfamiliar with many of the other brands. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login