Go Bottom Go Bottom

Javascript window I do not like it

View my Photos
Damon Brantley
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-27          20957

Since buying a compact tractor (Cub Cadet 7305), I have found jplan.com to be invaluable.However, this new javascript popup window is annoying in the extreme. When I read posts using Netscape, I use the open in new window to be able to download several posts simultaneously to avoid waiting. The javascript popup window is breaking this.Is this bothering anyone else?I would like this feature go away and fast.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Nuclear_Weapon7

2001-05-27          28646

Yes javascript window is very annoying, I think it should be removed and old format restored ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-27          28648

I am sorry you don't like it. I am looking at making this optional for viewers to select pop up or full window. But I have heard mostly postive reaction to the popup format ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-05-27          28652

Sorry, guys, but I'm among those who like it the way it is. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2001-05-28          28665

I'm running IE, and the JAVA script here does let me load several complete threads or individual posts at the same time. I did have some difficulty when I was running NS, but the NS company policy for sending CD upgrades internationally only by premium courier send me to their competitors. I don't know if the problems I was having using NS still exist. Myself, I like the JAVA windows. In long threads, they let me have several individual comments open simultaneously without having to load an entire thread, most of which I've already read. And, there’s no more scrolling back and forth or reloading when trying to recall who said what. I guess I can sympathize if Nuc experiences long download times from where he is. It is possible that IE may work better than NS. ....

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-05-28          28667

I am new enough to this board that I don't know how it used to be. I think the way the jave script works is just fine. When I want to read a post, it pops up. If I want it bigger, I enlarge it. When I am done reading or replying to it, I close it. I am a firm believer in Microsoft products, they are designed to work together and compliment each other. Therefore, Internet Explorer is the only browser I would have considered and did install, when I built my new computer last November. Just my 2 cents worth. Mark ....

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2001-06-06          28998

I hate it also! For those who surf nonstop and are aware of the right click-open to new window form of surfing there is no better. Most of the time I surf with JAVA turned off due to the fact that there can be nasty scripts out there waiting to do ugly things to my data. For those of you who use just one browser window, don't you get sore waiting for pages to re-load all the time? I'll use a search engine then when I find what looks close, I'll right click-open in new window to see if it's the page with the info I want, if not you just X it out and whala the original search page is fully functional right before my eyes, no reload, no back, no waiting. You have to try it! You will not go back to "BACK" again. ....

View my Photos
Chris in IN

2001-06-07          29029

It amazes me how people will b***h about somthing they are getting for free. This is a great site, with alot of valuable information. ....

View my Photos
mbjacobs

2001-06-07          29032

Are we voting? If so, I like the Java Script window. Yes, I know about "right-click" and I still like the window. ....

View my Photos
CaseyR

2001-06-07          29036

I would be happier with the Javascript window if I could figure out how to permanently enlarge it. Each time it pops up, it is only 1/4 of my screen so I have to pull it down and often will widen it as well. The area to "catch" the bottom and sides of the window are vary narrow, at least in Netscape, and too often when I click I am no longer over the active area, so the Javascript window drops out of site behind the other windows and I have to retrieve it. Other than those minor quibbles, I am neutral - the current arrangement has some advantages but I certainly didn't mind the old way. ....

View my Photos
kay

2001-06-08          29049

I vote to keep what we have. As long as it is the least amount of work for the webmaster (sounds like he has been working too much overtime lately!) This most recent change in format has been great for catching up on the interesting chat and wading through the normal BS (bovine scat). ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-06-08          29050

Yes You Are Right.. Too Much Overtime lately ;>)
But How about I give it to you both ways. I can put two icons in front of each message. One for Javascript window, Another for a Full New Window.
Now here is the Question. I will do this on the most used page first as a test of the feature. So Which Page do you want it On?????
I would put it on the today page first http://jplan.com/cgi-bin/tractor/today.pl ....

Link:    Page to test feature on

View my Photos
Nuclear_Weapon7

2001-06-08          29054

Where is the other icon? I can't se it. On that page i just see hotlinks under the question heading, why not put the other under time header.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2001-06-08          29070

The today Page Now has an Icon of a "Window", click on it and you will get the Full page version, or use the hyperlink to get the javascript window ....

View my Photos
kay

2001-06-08          29071

This appears to be a great addition, although too early for me to tell which I will use to read the posts. I like the new one because clicking the back button on my mouse returns me back to the 'today' page. Probably the one I will use. Thanks.
Great work and much appreciated. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2001-06-08          29080

Would you guys prefer the icon be the Javascript Window instead of the way it is??? ....

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-06-09          29101

Webmaster, As of this morning the hyper link opens up a full window & the window icon opens up the small window. I personally liked it the way it was before everybody started complaining. Now it is confusing (until I get used to it) and it makes a lot more work for you. The way it was, was fine!! You clicked the hyper link and it opened the post so you could read it, OK so it only opens up in a small size. How much effort does it really take for a reader to click on the enlarge button if they want it in full screen. PaLease !!!! What do you people want next, somebody to read the post to you ? Give the webmaster a break so he can have time to play/work with his own tractor. This is just one tractor owners opinion. Mark ....

View my Photos
Nuclear_Weapon7

2001-06-09          29115

Thanks web master. The link works now that I can right click on it. This is the way i think it should be, IMHO.
Nuclear_weapon7,
Hyderabad,
Sindh,
PAKISTAN.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login