Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dealer gets me a one year old tractor for a new one

View my Photos
John Pike
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-01          20221

I just recently traded my one year old NH for a larger supposedly new 2000 model. The dealer doesn't have in stock the one I want, but he says no problem I can get one. So I have delivered my tractor and signed the contract with the new trator serial number on it. Friday he gets my new tractor in from another dealer, well guess what it's an unsold 1999 model and looks awful, the tires have already dry-rotted some. I am not going to accept it, I traded for a 2000 model not a 1999 model. Has anyone else had this trouble?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-10-01          20224

We as consumers must demand perfect customer service, otherwise who gets ripped off in the end, US! J.P. don't take anything less than you bargained for. As a matter of fact, demand more cause now your tractor is on their lot probably sold by now and you are without a machine until they find you what they promised. ....

View my Photos
John Pike

2000-10-01          20226

I've known this dealer for a long time and traded with him last year for my old tractor, he's an old man, has always been seemed fair. I can't believe he did this on purpose, surely he didn't know that the tractor from the other dealer was built in 1999. I'll be calling in the morning, would have called tonight but his home number isn't listed (that bothered me some). As of today my old tractor was still on the lot. I looked at my contract and nothing is stated about the year model, only and N for new and the serial number of the tractor I am to receive. I don't know how this is going to work out tomorrow, but I'm not accepting this year old tractor for the price I paid. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-10-01          20232

John, certainly the tractor must be perfect if it is listed in the contract as "new". Tire rot is not acceptable at all! And seeing some tire rot would cause me to go over it with a fine tooth comb. But you should be aware that tractors are not normally divided into "years". They are new and current until sold. If it has all of the features of the current models then most ag people would consider it to be "new" regardless of the actual year of manufacture. If it has all of the modern features, why would you care when it was built? ....

View my Photos
John Pike

2000-10-02          20265

Well, an agri person might not care when the tractor was built. I'm an investor and I care. In my mind if the machine was stamped 1999, then in the future say 5 years from now it would be worth less because of being considered a year older, even though I had taken possession in 2000. Plus I did not want a tractor that had set on someone's lot unattended for a year. These are my thoughts, plus $20,000 is hard to come by. Well it all has seemly worked out OK, my first call to the dealer was met with an attempt to change my mind, but when he saw I was firm he said he would go look at the new tractor and let me know, that it was still on the truck and he hadn't had a change to look it over. Of course a lot was said between us that wouldn't print well here. On the second call he was a changed person, said it was indeed built in 1999 and he was talking to another dealer now to get me a tractor that was built in 2000 and he wanted me to be happy and satisfied with the deal. So I took that to mean he didn't like the look's of the new tractor either. I guess tractor sales are slow enough now for dealers to be less arrogant. I didn't mean to be hard to get along with, I just wanted what I was paying for. ....

View my Photos
Ken

2000-10-03          20276

John I agree with you competely.When you go to a dealer and deal on a new tractor you don't normally mean a new year old tractor.I would really watch this dealer.Don't underestimate this guy -----they know exactly what they are doing. They don't stay in business making mistakes.As for people who see nothing wrong with this practice I think if the money were out of there pocket there thoughts would be alittle different.Ken ....

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2000-10-04          20298

The year model of tractors varies according to what criteria that is used. They don't have the same model year changes as autos do. Carver Equipment has good definations on the differene criterias. Check it out at:

http://carverequipment.com/year_models.htm

JerryG ....

View my Photos
John Pike

2000-10-04          20307

Jerry

I looked at the Carver site you mentioned, althought some good information, year models according to the site seems to change according to which group you are talking to. My money is riding on the fact that the manufacture date is stamped on the machine, thus in the future anyone trying to see what year model it is will use that date as an answer. Also the tractor in question would have missed any upgrades or improvements that may have come along since last October. Other opinions appreciated. Thanks ....

View my Photos
jray

2000-10-06          20378

jray here,From my experience when You are buying a used tractor the salesman pretends to not know the year model and says it isnt important.Only the model number matters because they are all built alike. BUT---When you are selling or trading a unit the FIRST question I am asked is"What is the year model".Then the book comes out and he looks it up and gives a value for an "average"unit.Same with any mechanical machine of substantial value.Also according to local dealer the first year depriciation is about 10% or $2,000.00 on a new Ford/New holland 5610S.Age does matter. ....

View my Photos
John Pike

2000-10-06          20381

Well, it looks like this deal is working out. My dealer has found a Feb 2000 tractor just like I wanted. I found the $2000 cash back statement from NH. So we are both going to be happy. ....

View my Photos
jray

2000-10-06          20386

I've heard about the $1,000 cash back as well as lower interest rate loans but tell me about the $2,000 cash back on New Holland Jray ....

View my Photos
John Pike

2000-10-08          20429

Jray

There is lots of information about the rebate on the New Holland web page. The rebate is not the same for all tractors or equipment, it varies according to what you are buying. I am getting a TN65. Standard TN tractors have 2,000 cash back. This rebate is allowing me to get the TN65 for the same price I paid for my 3415 last year. The dealer is adding a bumper, putting fluid in the tires and moving my canopy over from the 3415. I am very pleased with the deal now that he has found a year 2000 machine for me. I'm also buying a 1020 Woods loader at the same time. Hope this helps. John ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login