Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-04          103468

I have my machine forsale on this site in classifieds. This is the second email I got, the first was saying he wanted the machine. Is this a scam, I don't know why the Western Union money, but I can't see where any imfo he asked for could be used against me. "here is the email"Thanks for any reply

I have recieved your messge,I need the photos scanned & attached to my mailbox... Ok i 'll have my partner who is owning me send you a U.S Postal Money Order/U.S Certified cashier Check of $41,900 dollars for my payment & plus my shipment ...I 'll handle the shipping my self. All you have to do is to minus your $36.000.00 & send the remaining excess fund's via western union to my shipping agent so as they can come immediately they recieve the fund's for pickup out from your location..

Get back to me with all the information's needed below,
(1). The name you want issued on the check,
(2).Your full postal mailing address &
(3).Together with your contact home/cell phone number..

Reply me immediately,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-04          103470

This sounds hokey to me. There is no reason why you should be sending $5,900 in excess funds to anyone. I would stay away from this. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-01-04          103472

Not trying to be a wise ass here but HELLO!!!
Your asked to send money that you don't have yet and for gods sake why in hell can't the buyer do this himself???

Tell this Clown to find another Planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-01-04          103473

This kind of scam is common on eBay for large ticket items. Postal money orders and cashiers checks can easily be forged, and if you deposit them you may find out two weeks later that they bounced leaving you responsible for the missing funds. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2005-01-04          103475

IMHO this sounds like a shell game. I'd have to agree and stay away from this one. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
lucerne

2005-01-04          103476

So no one picks up the tractor but I'm out 5900. when they discover it's a forged check. I emailed him back and asked for his shipper and his name and number and then we will talk, he pays the shipper and me seprate. So maybe I won't hear from him again. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
lucerne

2005-01-04          103477

Archdean, no offence taken, that was my big question too. If you are in such a hurry, pay and arrange the shipping yourself and take the machine when the check clears or better yet, pay cash, although I would have that checked at the bank too. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-01-04          103478

After that guy gave an introduction like that I would be hesitant to accept anything from him. Like Ken says - you could be getting a forged certified check - you hand him the tractor - and you are out $36,000. It could take months before forgeries are found out. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2005-01-04          103479

It sounds like we are all pretty much in agreement here. I doubt that you will hear back from this guy but, if you do - extreme safeguards are in order if you decide to gingerly go forward. It sounds as if you know the proper precautions to take. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-01-04          103480

Let me be a bit stronger in my statement. Do NOT conduct any more business with this person. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
lucerne

2005-01-04          103481

Thanks gentlemen, you have backed up my thoughts and feelings about the whole thing.Thanks and Good night ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-04          103483

If you have had any experience with European speakers who speak English as I have, you can see from the writing he is foreign. I don't know why but it seems so many scammers are from Europe. Maybe because we are the rich dumb Americans, and that is how many view us. There is another western union scam where they ask you to wire money to a relative or friend of yours so they can "see" you have the money. They want your name and the transaction # and somehow they can cash it out without you knowing. Another scam someone tried on me is to have an "independent" shipping company hold my money until they delivered the mechandise. The company had the most realistic website, phone numbers, tracking numbers, photos, addresses, references, etc. Even said member of BBB and local chamber of commerce. I checked, with the local chamber and BBB. never heard of them. They didn't exist. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
bvance

2005-01-04          103484

This is without question a scam. To everyone out there, never accept any sort of official check under these circumstances. It will always be a phony check and never attempt to hold funds until the check clears as even fraudulent checks may take some time to clear. Trust me on this one.

Also by asking for emailed photos, he is planning on dupping your tractor on ebay to sell to some other unsuspecting person. ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-01-04          103485

Yes YEs and YES!!! Do not communicate with this ""Whistle Dick!!!""

But it's just my opinion, but a damn good one even if I do say so myself!! ....

Help is this a scam

View my Photos
DeTwang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-05          103523

They covered a story like this on Americas Most Wanted a ways back. The difference was it was taking place in person instead of over the internet. They used phoney money orders/cashiers checks to purchase items, leaving the sellers without their vehicles and owing lots of money to the bank.

It is definitely a scam. You might conntact the FBI and see if they are interested in a sting on the guys, but that is the only type of businness you should do with these people. So, unless you want to try and take them down, just stay away from them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login