Go Bottom Go Bottom

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Heather
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-03          52500

I have just purchased a Kubota B2910 with a backhoe. Can someone give me some advice on what type of trailer to buy to haul this? The Dealer I purchsed this from in New York would sell me a new trailer for $2,400.00. I would only be hauling this 3-5 times a year and cannot justify spending $2,400.00 on a new one. Any ideas on where I can get a used one. I live in Southern Vermont but am willing to travel a bit for the right price..
Thanks for your help. I have learned a lot from you guys. I check out this site every week.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-03          52512

The minimum you need is a 16 ft equipment trailer with a 7000 lb. max rating.
I have a bumper pull which I spent $900 for. You can normally get a similar new trailer with electric brakes and new tires (very important) for ~ $1500.
There are a number of large trailer outlets in my extended area Bowling Green KY (Trailer world) and Ozark AL. Below is a post for York NY. There should be something like this closer. ....

Link:   Daves Trailers

Used Trailers

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-03          52537

I use a wood deck vehicle trailer for my tractor and other things. Mine has a 2" lip and stake pockets. $2400 sounds high. My tractor is a bit larger, and I got a 10K tandem with electric brakes and spare tire and lifetime registration for $2400.

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Heather

2003-04-04          52576

I have $1000.00 cash to purchase a used tandem axle.
6 1/2' x 16', 6000-7000lb GVWR.
Any ideas where I can find one in New England? I will travel to pick it up..
Thanks Guys!! ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-04-04          52583

Here's one in Ohio on ebay. I searched for "equipment trailer".
Bill ....

Link:   Used equipment trailer

Used Trailers

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-04-04          52587

I don't live in your area, but you can find a trailer like you describe for that price in the local classified ads every weekend here. That is the first place that I would check. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Heather

2003-04-05          52611

I wish I could be so lucky around here!! Nothing in any of the local papers and new ones run $2,000.00-$2,500.00.

The best deal I have found is in Atlanta Georgia for a new one at $1,350.00.

I would think there would be something in New York. Not much luck locating anything.

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Billy

2003-04-05          52613

Too bad you don't live close to Texas. There's a place in Manchester that builds trailers. He gets $625 for a 16' 7000 LB tandem axle equipment trailer. It doesn't have brakes and has used tires. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Green Mountain Jim

2003-05-08          54539

I live in souther VT also. I just purchased a 12' trailer at Harvest Equipment in Newport VT and paid more. There is a place in Montpelier that claims to have cheap prices. I went there and so the trailer, but couldn't find an employee. It is called Walt's. www.ackequip.com/

I-89 to exit 8, East on Rt 2.
1 mile past the Ford Garage on the left..
Rt. 2 East Berlin, Vermont.
(802) 223-0021

Maybe you will have better luck.

Link:   

Click Here

Used Trailers

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-05-13          54837

Heather -

Having several oranges about the same size as your 2910, I too trailer. I have a box frame car trailer, with 2x10 wood deck, that measures 16' long. Having the backhoe on the orange, I have about 8" of open end space left when all is lowered to deck,FEL and Backhoe. If I were you, I would bump up to an 18' trailer. Two feet will not make a big difference in price at all, however the weight displacement with a full load will be better presented.

There are actually many good used trailers available. Check out the bargain news papers, such as "BARGAIN NEWS.com", or "TRUCK and EQUIPMENT TRADER.com, or MACHINERY TRADER.com for starters.

FYI, there is a used 16' beaver tail open deck with side boxes available near by...if you would like, I can get the info for you.
Otherwise, for a new trailer, I have purchased a tandem dumper from "Upper Ten Trailer Sales" in Hinesburg VT. Very accomodating, and easy to find off 89.

Willie H. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-04          56619

$2,400 for a tandem axle 7,000 # with new tires and brakes sounds like a fair price to me. Here $2,200 would be a great deal. I spent $1,700 Tax included on a custom made 6x12 3,500# With rubber torsion axle, sealed lights, gate, 15" radials, spare, marine jack. I would just keep watching eBay but I would think a median price for a decent used one would be around $,1,500. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-06-04          56629

Doc, it seems to vary a lot by where you live. In Albuquerque, you can get a new trailer like the one described for $1500. It seems that the same price is good in TX and AL. For some, it may be worth a drive. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-04          56633

I guess I am a little confused. there is only a $200 difference and that was because of custom features I had put on mine, That is unless you are saying you can get a new steel 7,000# trailer with new tires AND brakes for $1,500. I know there are a WHOLE LOT of trailer manufactures in Texas so I am not suprised they might be a bit lower but I doubt you can drive from the New england area and back with fuel and hotels for under $400. I think some how we are not compareing apples to apples, but I certainly have been wrong before. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
cutter

2003-06-04          56640

Here is a link to manufacturer in Texas. Best trailer for the money I have come across. Shipping to NY is $295, can't get much further away than that. ....

Link:   Indian Valley Trailers

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-04          56643

If you don't mind driving a ways, I would suggest Ja-Mar Trailer. I have had one for over 10 years and it is still in great shape. They go the extra mile when it comes to welds, material thickness, and overal quality. I also contracted through them for some special use trailers for the 101st Airborne which turned out fantastic. Jim Brewer is the president and he is there on sight everyday running the operation. He has ready made trailers and will make to your specs. as well. I highly recommend him! ....

Link:   Ja-Mar Trailer Link

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-04          56650

Will some body please send me a new hat...I just ate mine ! Hey Chief I was hopeing for some help on the deer blind. Know any fiberglass blind manufactures ??? ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-04          56656

Doc, I don't know Jack Squat about deer blinds or Venian Blinds, but this is something I found. ....

Link:   Fiberglass Deer Blinds Link

Used Trailers

View my Photos
pjrichard

2003-06-05          56662

I don't know what shipping would cost, but I just purchased a Perkins trailer here in the Houston, Tx. area. I got a 16' tandem, 7000lbs., pipe top, bulldog hitch, electric brakes, brake-away kit, treated lumber, 5' slide in ramps, 4" wrapped tongue, diamond plate tear-drop fenders, new tires with silver mod. wheels, new spare tire with silver mod. wheels and mount, and painted John Deere green for $1439.00.

Perkins is only one of two manufactures in this area that offers a lifetime warranty on the frame of the trailer. Iron Hores is another, but they do a very poor paint job on the trailer. Not to mention, they paint the trailer after the boards are in placed. Overspray gets all over the boards and looks cheap. Perkins does not place the boards on the trailer until it has been painted with two coats of industrial paint. They make a very nice trailer. I have received numerous compliments.

If you are looking at a trailer that has only a one year warranty, look at the welding underneath the trailer. Make sure that every edge is welded completely. If not, you may have problems later. I looked at a Road Master Trailer and noticed the underneath of the trailer was not welded very good. This trailer only had a one year warranty. I even questioned the salesman about the welds and he could not answer why the underneath was not welded. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-05          56673

Hey cheif Thanx that is exactly the company I have been looking at. I am trying to find something like that without driveing to Texas over the 4th of july. PS. I can help with the venition blinds. lol. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-05          56694

Here the Home Depot and Lowes both sell lower end trailers. They are a lot less $ but if you only tow every now and then they should be fine. You might give them a try. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
bisaacks

2004-01-30          75519

What was the name of the place in the Houston area where you bought your perkins trailer?
Thanks, Bruce

Used Trailers

View my Photos
Mecheng

2004-03-05          78899

Better prices yet ....

Link:   L&D Trailers

Used Trailers

View my Photos
bellaterra

2004-07-03          89986

I just bought a Top Hat brand 7'x18' heavy duty w/pipe top rails, electric brakes, new (trailer) tires and modular wheels, bulldog hitch, slide end ramps, 6" C channel subframe with 4" crossovers for $1,725.00. The 6.5'x16' model was $550 cheaper. ....

Used Trailers

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-07-03          89992

Heather, if you are in central NY or Albany area check the attached link. ....

Link:   Want Ad Digest

Used Trailers

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-07-04          90061

If you would consider a premium trailer, check out Bri-Mar. Every edge is welded, and the whole trailer powdercoated. I picked mine up at the plant and was given a tour while I was there. I was in the Fab buisness for 30 years, and Im hard to impress, but these guys did it.They also built it with out a wheel stop, as I wanted to build my own design incorporating a winch,bucket rest, tool box , and fuel tank.I also added aluminum step plates all around the deck.I bought the 14000lb hydraulic,it was $5200. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login