Go Bottom Go Bottom

What to buy

View my Photos
FS37265
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-17          86237

Hi All,
Very new to this, read a bunch of posts, some research online.

I have 1 acre, 50% lawn the rest is wooded w/rocks & some wet areas. I need to do a good bit of landscaping, filling, grading, planting 20 6 ft pine trees, trenching for rock walls and such. Something small but powerful enough to do the work and move about 30 yards of topsoil.

I need a loader and backhoe. The models I'm considering are the Kubota BX23 or B2410, Kioti CK25 (HST?), NH Boomer TD24DA, JD 4210 or 790(i couldn't find a smaller model that takes a backhoe).

Price is somewhat of an issue and Kubota is offering 3yr 0% interest.
Thank You,
Frank

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

What to buy

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-17          86239

The JD 4110/4115 can take the new model 46 backhoe. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
fs37265

2004-05-17          86243

I meant to say that I need a tractor with a backhoe and a loader and am considering the 4 brands/models I listed and wanted some feedback on how they compare or what people think of these models. Are they big enough for the job, too big ?
Thanks all in advance for your advice. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
jpr62902

2004-05-18          86300

I have a BX22 and it has done all that you described in your post. If you're going to be moving trees with the FEL, I recommend a set of pallet forks. I tried using a tow rope and it left the tractor center of gravity too high and I almost tipped the thing over. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-18          86319

You may look at the Kubota B7610. Same as the B2410 with a few features removed for pricing. I really liked the NH TD24 when I was searching, but couldn't get a good price on it. With the size property you will be working, I think you would find the CK25 a little large and heavy, although they are really nice machines.

I would say B7610, NH TD24, or 4115. They are all nice machines, but have a lot of differences in how they feal to operate. Make sure you try them all, then find out which one fits you best. Sounds like you are going about this right, figure out what you need to do, then pick the machine that will handle the chores and toys, ( I mean implements), the best. Have fun ....

What to buy

View my Photos
fs37265

2004-05-18          86330

Thanks All, its a big purchase and you have been a great help! ....

What to buy

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-18          86331

And don't forget that good dealer support is VERY important. If you get bad vibes from a dealer that is a great reason to cross them off your list, even if they are the only dealer for a specific brand in your area. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
fs37265

2004-05-20          86475

I've priced out and compared the 4110($23k), TC21DA($22k), CK20HST($17k, no sales tax &1k rebate=16k), B7510($18k) & BX23($15k). Gonna look at the CK20HST and BX23 this Sat. Can't see any reason I wouldn't choose the Kioti over the Kubota since they are in different classes(sub & compact) for same bucks.

Also, the Kioti dealer is advising indi tires instead of turf tires, says he's had a few complaints about lack of traction. I need both lawn and rocky woods use, any thoughts on this? Thx! ....

What to buy

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-20          86482

Check the wheel base numbers.... the CK20 is a BX with bigger tires and more weight.... that's not bad, just that they are closer than you might think.

If you are going "off road" R-4's are not a bad choice. Have the dealer install inner tubes in them so you can reduce the pressure without have them fall off the rim.

Edit: If I were covering rocky ground I would go with the biggest tires I could find. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-21          86491

Are you sure about the size comparison of the CK20. Really nice tractor, but it is actually bigger than the B-Series Kubota. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-21          86503

My mistake, I was thinking of the LB 1914.

Wheelbase numbers: BX= 55 inches, LB1914= 56" and CK 20= 58".

The BX has the most HP at 22.

B series Kubotas have wheelbases up to 65+ inches. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-21          86511

Yep, but I think those wheel base numbers are a little mis-leading. Get on and drive a CK20, it is a good sized machine. The wheelbase may be shorter, but it has a large feel to it and is heavier than the B's. ....

What to buy

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-21          86513

The CK 20 is a stout little crittter.

The wheelbase numbers will help the ride in the woods. I have had 55, 59 and now 65 inch wheelbase tractors. The 65 incher is by far the best ride on rough ground. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login