Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fall Sales Sized for property

View my Photos
Rich S.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-08-27          7368

Has anyone heard about any tractor end-of-season sales this year? With the drought affecting much of the country, maybe mid-summer replacement sales were down enough to warrant some discounts? (I know JD has been having sellouts on models, but are any other dealers still overstocked?)We have about 8 acres. About .75 level acre to mow. A half mile hiking trail wandering up and down through the woods that might benefit from occasional raking. AND a 300 foot steep NORTH facing paved driveway to plow or snowblow. We are in southern NY (Orange Cty). We have had a few mild winters, but now that I have a steep north-facing driveway. . .Will a 20-25 HP 4wd compact be good for this? Will I need a loader for snow removal or is a plow good enough?.......thanks, Rich S.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peter T.

1999-08-27          7372

Can't comment on fall tractor sales although the tractors you'll be looking at are not the ones that farmers affected by the drought would typicallyu buy . We do live south of Buffalo, NY in the snow belt. We also have a 300 foot north facing driveway at a somewhat steep grade. I have used a JD 850 mfwd with a back blade and had no problems plowing. This tractor has about 23hp and is more than adequate. I do have a JD blower that I use a couple of times a year when we get a particularly heavy lake effect snowstorm. A 20-25hp 4wd should work just fine. ....

View my Photos
art

1999-08-27          7374

Rich 20 horsepower is plenty for your needs, a B2100 kubota with a loader and a 60" mower would work very well for all your uses. We sell both cub cadet and kubota"s and I am unaware of any over abundance of compact tractors. We are in upstate NY just south of Utica, even with the big Farm eqiupment the dryness hasn't really changed the market. On the compact tractor end we're going to close out better than any other year on both makes. When a manufacturer has to much inventory or non-marketable goods is the only time they have big discounts. I would really wonder why they have to discount with such a strong market. ....

View my Photos
Pete R, Q to Art

1999-08-27          7387

Hello. 1) What price so you sell a B2100 Kubota w/loader/4wd for?I live in MA. I'm looking at the JD4100, JD790, and NH1520 so far. I may buy used but a good used is approx 75% new through a dealer. True?2) How do you choose between Kubota, New Holland, John Deere, Cub Cadet and Kubota. Some people feel that JD is very good but a little over priced. they certainly have a lot of attachments. Any comments appreciated.Thanks.Pete Reinhardpeter.reinhard@gsc.gte.com ....

View my Photos
art

1999-08-28          7409

you could have your tractor and loader with bar turf tires for 15000. The JD4000 series is thier full featured tractor. the 790 is a spripper. The N.H. 1520 is their full feature tractor of that sizing. You ask of my favorites, its not to hard for me to make that choice, Kubota started the industry long before the other companies, there engines are used all through the power equipment industry. Kubota is the only manufactor that represents itself on it,s own. ie; JD, Yanmar Cadet, mitshubitshi, N.H., shibari. Ten years from today who might be selling the brand you choose? Mitshubitshi was sold by IH, then case now cadet. Sony and kubota both have simular buisness plans and sony is the most recognized in stereo design and likewise kubota in compact tractors difference between the marketing stradegys might be where the hype is on deere they are the recognized leader in this field, look beneath the glitter. The attachments are available for all make tractors, green, red, blue, or orange. I deffinitely recommend buying the manufactors loaders like on the kubota they are designed by kubota and built by them that should mean they are built for the hydralics in the tractor and built for the heft of the tractor, not 30 other different sizes makes and models. lastly find a dealer who will work with you and knows the industry and isn,t just blowing wind. If you want to talk somemore I can be reached by calling 1-800-859-4483 Art ....

View my Photos
Tom

1999-08-28          7416

Hey Art, Its very obvious that you are Orange, and that's fine, But some of your statements are Dead Wrong. Most of the Major Farm Tractor manufactures in the early part of this century made light weight small horse power tractors for small farmers and estate owners. Two good examples are the Farmall/IH "Cub" and the John Deere "H". These were manufactured long before Kubota, so your statement about "Kubota Started the industry" isnt even close. You also say that "Sony and Kubota is the most recognized" then you say "Deere is the recognized leader". You are right in that Deere is the recognized leader, just ask the average person on the street and they will tell you John Deere, most will not even have heard of Kubota. Art don't be color blind, your statement on the loader was dead-on but you may cause someone to get a tractor based on color and baseless facts that they will not be happy with. The best advice for anyone is to try them all, pick the one you like best, and a large part of that choice should be the dealer. Tom ....

View my Photos
art

1999-08-28          7420

tom , cub tractors and farmall H's, never saw one that was four wheel drive nor did deere lets stay on tract and finish deere doesn't hold a candle to kubota's market share under 40 horsepower. deere is the recognized marketing leader another words leader in B.S. ie deere coming out with a new way to measure loader capacity!I've not seen another piece of literature that measures load at the pins . I can go on for hours and days about stretched truth's. There are manufacturers that are right on with there claims and there are those that are underrated and then there is deere, read the fine print I know because I do demo's when needed and I've been at this a long time and deere isn't the only one out there doing it just the most recognized in the industry. I don't sell one brand of tractors nor any other products I have at least 2 lines of every product I sell often they are rated by shop frequency and customer satisfaction. I know what I can trust to perform the way it needs to, my eyes are not closed but wide open with 30 years plus of this buisness and more to go and looking ahead wide open to new ideas and concepts. When something new comes out thatis able to prove itself I'm ready! ....

View my Photos
Jay

1999-08-29          7445

Art,If you look at the history of the Japanese brand tractors, they all started at about the same time. This was in step with their countries drive to become major producers of machinery. The large American companies went to Japan looking for Japanese companies to produce tractors. All of the major Japanese tractor producers were locked up in contracts with these American companies.Yanmar, Shibaura, Mitsubishi, Hinomoto, Iseki were all big heavy industriy companies similar to their American counterparts. There was one tractor company that was left out of this, in effect they were not chosen to play in the game. This company was Kubota. When the demand for compact tractors in the United States sky rocketed, there was only one company in Japan that was in a position to take advantage of this, Kubota.As it turned out, Kubota is a major player in the compact tractor market, as they should be. Kubota turned this negative in to a positive due to hard work, good products and a crazy luck that rewarded them for not being locked into a contract with one of the American tractor companies.I am a Case IH dealer and also sell grey market tractors. All of the tractor producers have built quality tractors and they have all also built tractors that had some problems. This is similar to the debate on who builds the best pickup truck. It depends on the year, model and who you talk to.Jay ....

View my Photos
bruce

1999-08-29          7451

as a Case_IH dealer, what do you think of the Fiat takeover of Case-IH? ....

View my Photos
art

1999-08-30          7468

jay, With being a case-ih dealer if you were maybe a ih dealer than you should know that mitsubishi originally represented it self here as well as yanmar before any of the majors looked at them JD-yanmar was first and then IH-mits. The first that came to my knowledge was kubota. You are right about them all having lemons or problems. I as a dealer look to a company that deals with them, not just dances around them. There is no one product that is right for everyone, there is acceptable things to you that are not acceptable to me, that is why there are so many brands. Quality is a touchy word, what is quality and what do people accept. I sell husky and stihl chain saws, had a short line rep stop in and tell me I should be selling his parts rather than oem I asked him why, when oem quality should be better! He told me I'd see my customers more often and make more money. I asked him to leave would you? Jay check your facts on timing on mergers as to what happened first, get back to me if I'm wrong sometimes my memory does goof up but in general I don't forget my metal. ....

View my Photos
Jay

1999-08-30          7486

Art,You are correct. Mitsubishi did sell in this country. As a matter of fact, the story of the Japanese/American tractors is a very complicated one. However I did not think that a complicated answer would have served the purpose of addressing the subject of brand bashing.I think you are correct in your opinion of quality and customers. I would rather sell a product that I believe in, and can stand behind. I am in this for the long run, and that means making the customer glad he bought the product.Thanks for the reply,Jay ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login