Go Bottom Go Bottom

What is TRUCTOR potential uses

View my Photos
FarmBuddy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-04          120392

Which do you think are the best features of the T4000 TRUCTOR?
The three passenger seating?
The integrated 2000 lb cargo dump box?
The transferrable 3PHitch with power down pressure?
or the hydraulic driven PTO with reversing option?

Since the Tructor is a combination of truck and tractor, do you think it would be best to build these through an ag products distributor?

Or do you think they would be better match for an ATV type products manufacturer?

Link:   Which features are most useful?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-04          120394

It's an interesting vehicle, but perhaps it's best use is as a vehicle for delivering SPAM. C'mon, if you want to advertise take out an ad. ....

View my Photos
FarmBuddy

2005-12-04          120397

Geeez, why are you being so rude and demeaning to me?
A friend recommended TractorPoint as a possible source of input from knowledgeable personnel. Perhaps he was wrong.

These are important questions regarding the more versatile Tructor for people who are try to make a living on a small farm or in the landscape business.

Why should we just keep using the same ol' conventional Fordson configuration, when we could improve efficiency by taking along a couple of helpers to the job site, along with extra tools and landscaping materials? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-04          120399

If you're not affiliated with tructor in any way I apologize, but this post on top of the one posted earlier (near the bottom of the page linked below) sure makes it look like you're selling tructors. We've had some problems here with spammers and we try to keep them out. ....

Link:   Tructor promo post

View my Photos
HuckMeat

2005-12-04          120400

Perhaps because you post the same darn spiel about the tructor in every post on this board....

Question: "What is the best tool for scooping chocolate ice cream"

Answer: "The T4000 Tructor with transferable power down hitch and 3 person seating....."

Give it a rest. If the price was a little more comprable, with a backhoe and loader, to something like the mid size Kubota grand L series, I'd be all over it. But even if the price comes down now, I'll avoid it like the plague and hope your guerilla marketing and spam doom it. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-12-05          120424

Besides which for about the same money you can have something called the ToolCat from a little company called IngersollRand.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-12-05          120428

I think the TRUCTOR is ideal for the guy that has everything and just wants one for the sake of it.

Beyond that, it looks like a good idea at the surface but after analyis:
- it really isn't a road worthy truck (in the US).
- the box payload capacity is too small.
- as a tractor the rear wheels are too small for good traction.
- feel visibility is a concern.
- The wheelbase is too long for sharp cornering, etc.
- As an ATV or RTV it is too heavy and too wide.

For the price, you can purchase a 30 HP CUT and also buy an RTV and have two vehicles with possibility of a wider range of uses. Another concern would be local parts and local dealership support since it is a totally new think in the market.

I'm sure there are specific applications or uses but in my opinion as a combination utility vehicle it doesn't make it for the average user. I'm not trying to be negative nor hostile. I still think it is kinda cute but not all that practical. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-05          120432

Rear drum brakes are a draw back in my opinion. Most competitive machines have 4 wheel disk brakes and the more advanced have wet disk brakes. Top speed is way too slow. 35 to 40 mph would make it much more useful. Definitely needs wider and taller tires for more ground clearance. The reversable pto is great option for PHD work. The "modified category 1 hitch" raises questions in my mind.

The big draw back is price. It is in the stratosphere.

Your machine has been on the market for over 6 years and you are just now contemplating the best outlets for marketing?

This board covers both agricultural and atv's. I think it would be an outstanding place to buy advertising and hit your target consumer group not to mention supporting Dennis's efforts to keep Tractor Point THE #1 place on the internet to get the latest, most accurate, and up to date information in this area. ....

View my Photos
FarmBuddy

2005-12-05          120434

Thanks for your comments. As mentioned above the Tructor configuraion does seem to be a new vehicle, perhaps best suited for retiring baby boomers who have a small acerage or mini farm. But they do seem to have money to spend.
Since it has lights, flashers, turn signals, brakes, and SMV sign; local road transport under 25 mph should not be any different from other CUTs.
Having a 2000 pound dump box integrated into the tractor seems like it would be more useful to me than no dump box at all. Adding a load of sand, salt or firewood would improve traction when clearing snow with a rear mounted blade or front blower. Power down pressure on 3PH would help a rear blade cut through packed snow or hard soils.
Installing a $1,200.00 dual Ag Camera / TV option like used in RVs would provide good visibility of rearward road images and implements without always having to twist my neck. And football games can be viewed on it while out mowing on the weekend. Agreed, it fits a new and different market than the zippy ATVs, but it would be useful with more 3PH attachments than the ATVs or RTVs. Just like ATVs and RTVs over the past two decades, new markets do materialize. Considering how fast Club Cabs and Quad Cab pick-ups have gained marketshare, I could see similar acceptance for a three passenger Tructor as a step above the current two passenger Toolcat or single seat CUTs. I wonder if the two side seats should be optional, and serve as an alternate storage for tools, water jugs, etc. You are right, it would be better if there were a larger company like IR building the Tructor. I suppose that will happen eventually, then others will follow the lead, like the ATV and ZTR mower markets. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-05          120443

I started to write something last night after Ken, but stopped. I think Randy hits the mark and I am just expanding on this.
If I am buying a 50 hp tractor the money is a little high but OK.
What do I give Up?
Turning radius - cat 1 and 2 - ease of attachment and monitoring of attachments - sealed brakes - ground clearance
What do I gain?
The ability to carry people once in a while - on a small farm this is not a problem nothing is that far away.
A dump box. This might be useful for carrying firewood, but do I need to dump it. Dirt, gravel, mulch and sand which is what you need to carry would need another FEL to load it. Would I not be better with a small dump trailer? ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-12-05          120445

Does the loader go up over and behind to fill the box like a trash truck? Otherwise, how do you load it? ....

View my Photos
FarmBuddy

2005-12-05          120447

Considering the disposable income of the small acreage target market, the price seems reasonable and comparable to the Toolcat. Eventually, high volume production and low cost sourcing of components should reduce the retail price.
The Dana 60 axles have been working fine for now. The turning radius is better with carrero (sp?) type tractor axles.
The ability to transport three people may not be of value to everyone, so they have every other brand, over a dozen single seat tractors to choose from. Tructor offers three seats to take a hired hand or family member safely along to load wood, mend fences, feed the horses, etc.
A dump trailer has been the option for current CUT owners, but it is not always with you when you need it, and they definitely reduce manueverability. Sometimes, hooking up the trailer is more work than loading the cargo.
A self loading attachment or feature will eliminate the need for an extra FEL.

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-05          120449

Concerning manufacturing I might look a Bulher or someone like that who is currently manufacturing tractors and has the expertise to manufacture and innovate on the priciple design. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-12-06          120521

Is there a site any of you know of for the not normal tractors? There are some interesting things being built that are hard to find even with many interent searches.

If we know a company that might want to advertise with you, how do they reach you?

Thank you, kt ....

View my Photos
FarmBuddy

2005-12-06          120526

This site, www.tractorpoint.com along with this sub category, Tractor Projects seems about the best fit so far for a general forum. It also has many other excellent categories. If you are asking about contacting Tructor Vehicles LLC, I think they have a contact tab on their web site at email to tructorvehicles(at)aol.com

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-12-06          120527

I must have posted a confused message, sorry. Not wanting to contract tructor. Have looked and think their machine is over priced and not sure what it wants to be either. It would seem they could do a much better job showing it in use.
I have come across two other companies that build different machines that fit a certain niche. Just wondered if there is a discussion place on such. No, I do not have any such machine, do not sell those machines and do not sell any machines or such. Just find some of those machines interesting. Just like the question on crawlers or Chianese tractors.

kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login