Go Bottom Go Bottom

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-11-29          10440

This is the CTB's One year Anniversary. The CTB has one of, if not the largest indexed list of messages on Compact Tractors on the Web. I would like to give special thanks to Carver Equipment, Monroe Tufline, and Traxler Power for their sponsorship in the past year. Thank you for using the CTB board. An have a very Happy Holiday Season Ahead to all oof you and your families.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-11-29          10449

I would like to expand the CTB or create new boards. Some of the Possible topics are:

• Sport Utility Vehicles
  • Pick Up Trucks
  • Full Size Tractors
  • Landscaping
  • Turf Management
  • Excavation Equipment
  • ....???

Let me know if any of these topics interest you, or if you have a topic that you would like to see on a Board like the CTB.

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Don
    TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-11-29          10452

May I suggest a board dedicated to a fast growing segment of the consumer market. The "Hobby Farmer". Congrads on your first year! I sure enjoy it! ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    MichaelSnyder

1999-11-29          10453

Thumbs ups for Turf management & landscaping, even though it seems that it is already here somewhat. I know I would benefit by reading tips n' tricks from others on the CTB.. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    kw

1999-11-29          10454

They all sound great for this page and I think think they will go hand in handIt was a great year for CTB. thanks kw in wv ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Bill

1999-11-29          10455

You've done a great job with this board. It helped me decide on purchasing a new tractor. Thanks! Would enjoy (and find useful) what others are doing concerning turf/lawn maintenance. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Bird Senter

1999-11-29          10462

Just a note to say I appreciate what you've done with this board. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Roger L.

1999-11-29          10466

I like the hobby farm idea. And would like to say "thank you" for all the work you've put into making this an interesting board. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    PequeaJim

1999-11-29          10468

I agree with the other complements about your web site. I have only been on here for one day, and have found some useful information from your frendly posters...

I like the idea of more turf and landscape....

Great Job!! ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Kim Hartshorn

1999-11-29          10470

I have enjoyed this site and have found it very useful, two ideas for new forums:

1: Safety

2: Woodlot Management (including chainsaws, portable sawmills, trailer forwarding and cable skidding, managing the woodlot, firewood processing)

Thanks for a great site

Kim Hartshorn ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Jack D

1999-11-30          10476

I REALLY am getting a lot out of it! Check it almost every day, and have info re JDs my dealer doesn't know! Enjoy the "light farming". Keep up the good work! ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Scott

1999-11-30          10480

This is a great site. I've learned a lot and find it invaluable in considering equipment and attachment options. I'd like to see more landscaping topics and "hobby farming" sounds great too. Keep up the good work!

Scott ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Greg E.

1999-11-30          10493

I too wish to offer kudos to a job well done on this site. I found it a few weeks ago, and now I don't go a day with out it.
    Hobby farming and landscaping both sound like good ideas to pursue. Actually any thing dealing with various uses of compacts I think is a great idea. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    dsg

1999-11-30          10494

Happy ONE YEAR, hope to see many more.

This is a very informitive site. I am for the "hobby farmer" forum. I think that title would open the door for most of the other topics.

Thanks,keep up the good work
    David ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Larry

1999-11-30          10498

I discovered this board some time during July. It has been a great source for safety, price, and equipment information. I am in favor of the "hobby farmer" forum. Thanks for a great board. I check it daily. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Richard

1999-11-30          10504

Webmaster... Just wanted to add my thanks for running this board. It's helped me make an informed decision about buying a tractor. I check here every couple of days! ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    DougH

1999-12-01          10521

Excellent board. The only one that I read every day. While a section on pick-ups would be nice, I think it may be straying from the type of coverage that makes this board so useful and there are other boards that cover that topic. So I am with the people who would like to see more on land / woodlot management, "hobby farming" and that type of topic. These not as well covered other places and are the type where you learn the most from other peoples experience. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    larry

1999-12-01          10524

I think you're doing a great job with the compact tractors and equipment. I would not expand to large tractors, sports utility vehicles, etc. Why ruin a good thing? ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Mike S.

1999-12-01          10527

I echo the thoughts of many others in being very appreciative for this forum and the knowledge that I have gained from reading many of the posts. Equal appreciation goes to the many that participate AND the high level of civility that is demonstrated (which is very different from other forums that I regularly read where there is a significant lack of civility). Mike S. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Bob Herman

1999-12-01          10553

I can onlecho the previous comments ! Congratulations to the Webmaster on a great forum. I too check it almost daily. I too have spent a lot of money on a compact tractor, hoe, loader, snowblower, mower, tiller and a Gator for kicks. I agree with the "Hobby Farmer" idea. I also wish to thank the other posters for the wealth of information. My local JD dealer knows this is my main source of info and he wants to know the URL ! Happy Birthday from PA - Bob Herman ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Paul

1999-12-01          10557

After watching this board grow over the past year, it was a great help in determining what tractor to purchase. Am now a proud owner of a N.H. tc25d. The idea of a forum on hobby farms or compact uses and ideas would be great. I am looking ideas on how to move snow when all one has is a loader and a 5' scraper. Or any creative ideas anyone has on uses of different implements. Maybe even breaking things down into ideas for seasons. Thank you for creating a board that has been a wealth of knowledge to a compact young pup like myself and keep up the good work. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Nuclear_Weapon7

1999-12-03          10602

CTB is a very good message board and it has a lot of users posting messages and reading.
    In my opinion in all message boards the thread to which latest reply has been posted should pop up above other older threads.
    Those other message boards would be a good addition to the internet.
    may i suggest some more message boards
    1) Cars
    2) Generators
    3) Railway engines
    4) Water pumps

Nuclear_Weapon7.
    Hyderabad,
    Sindh,
    PAKISTAN.

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    steveofnj

1999-12-03          10611

How about a sub-topic for thanking CTB. Just kidding. Really, this board is a God save for me, and I am sure many others. It made the difference of finding faith in John Deere again, and making a good purchase that I have confidence in this time. Thank you guys at CTB, and all the great users who help us new guys out!

It might be a good idea to have a sub-topic index with-in JD for the 4000,5000, and the older modles (70 sereies ect.) And since I own one, why noa 790 sub topic LOL. Again just kidding on that one, but maybe a 4000 series would free up the JD topic a bit, and make it a little easier to find info quicker.

Congrats on 1yr Annv. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    nbarilic

1999-12-03          10620

I would like to see an area for Landscape, Turf/lawn maint. Especially for the buying and selling of used equipment. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    JerryG

1999-12-03          10621

The Compact Tractor Board is great. I check it out two times a day. What I would like to see is a Hacker page like Mike Simpsons. Its for inventions and for ideas to improve the usefulness of your tractor and equipment.JerryG ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    frank

1999-12-04          10637

I didn't realize it had only been a year. This board has saved me so much time and frustration, not to mention money. I've never had any bad advice from the rest of the posters. You deserve a pat on the back for all the hard work you've put into making it a success. BTW, hobby farming, landscaping and turf management get my vote. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    mducello

1999-12-05          10645

If others wouldn't object I would like to see people's city and state posted with their name. Seems like most of you are east of the Mississippi. Compacts are just starting to catch on here in Montana and the western states. By the way, thanks to this board I am contemplating selling my IH244 I purchased this spring and moving up to a newer Kubota with more HP. You've got me hooked - much to my wife's chagrin. ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    steve in Buffalo NY

1999-12-05          10647

I was a fan the minute I found this board. I'd like if more people would attach photos to their posts - particularly when it comes to problems, suggestions, or custom work they've done. A picture is worth a thousand words! (of course I don't have one handy....) ....

CTB Anniversary

View my Photos
    Jeff M. (northern NY

1999-12-06          10679

Congratulations to CTB on its first birthday! This is the only board that I regularly visit and I find it invaluable as an information source. I applaud especially the civility and focus on generic compact tractor issues, while still covering the useful (and sometimes entertaining) comparisons on color preferences. I appreciate the time folks like Roger L. take to explain topics in detail as well as the contributions from everyone on problems/defects experienced on different brands and models.

The sub-topics woodlot mgmt, hobby farming, and home-grown solutions/inventions would hold the most interest for me. Keep up the good work!

PS - Wish we had a dealer as supportive/involved as Carver around here. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
    Share This

Member Login