Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
STEVEM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-20          51536

Has anyone had any experance with 3ph quick connect couplers the JD dealers are selling? I have also seen them at Tractor Supply.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-03-21          51551

Steve, three pt. quick couplers came into being quite a few years ago and are now pretty much standard equipment on farm tractors. As three pt. equipment became too heavy to push or pry around by hand to line up the three pt. pins the quick couplers made hooking up equipment lots easier. They will do the same for you on a compact. I have a Land Pride quick coupler on my J D 4310. The one caution is that by adding the coupler to your 3 pt. the PTO drive line for rotary mowers, etc., has to extend another 3 inches or so, but I've never had that be a problem, I haven't had a PTO shaft be too short so far. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
Kevinj

2003-03-21          51557

BUY ONE WITH THE TOP HOOK THAT IS ADJUSTABLE LIKE LANDPRIDE NOT AL OF THE CAT1 EQUIPMENT ARE THE SAME ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
JackHerr

2003-03-21          51573

I use a Land Pride and am happy with it.
The Deere iMatch looks to have a handle that is made from shafting, instead of the stamping on the Land Pride. It is easier on the hands. Deere's price is very competitive and should be a better unit than the TSC.
My recommendation: go with the Deere due to the handle design and price. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
1stjd

2003-06-26          58404

I researched using this forum and purchased the JD Imatch today. I came home to hook-up to my "stuff" and as usual it doesn't fit any of my implements! The distance between the top link and the drop arm pins are not right and the JD Imatch does not have adjustable top link hook-up. I am not knocking JD cause I love the tractor...I just am sick and tired of them making all their products to fit JD exclusive. It is based on money, as in them making it, me spending it. I bought an aftermarket 6' rotary mower and made some things for the 3-point and I will not buy all JD implements. Will return Imatch and buy other brand that is not as greedy and will be a universal fit. Thanks for letting me vent, it just saved the dealer some headaches from listening to me whine! ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
STEVEM

2003-07-09          59224

I ended up purchasing one from Tractor Supply. It comes with an adjustable top link connector. I've found it to work well on everything I have that's 3PT, except my 2 bottom plow,thats because the lift pins are differnt hights. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-10          59242

Many of us dealers feel just as frustrated with trying to match the equipment. We have had to learn ourselves, not to take things for granted. Years ago every manufacturer used to make there equipment so make would fit another unless it only took a drawbar hitch pin. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-10          59243

1stjd, don't knock JD too much. I tried the imatch and took it back. I have 4 implements (one is a JD brand). The only one it would work on was a rear blade by Midwest. I've found the telescoping draftlinks to work pretty darn good. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-10          59258

Far be it from me to stop somebody in the middle of a perfectly good rant...BUT, the real problem is
NOT anybody's greed, stupidity or even lack of planning.

The real problem is that the 'standard' category 1 3pth is NOT STANDARD. Until all manufacturers adopt an ISO-type standard and produce all equipment to meet it, the problems will continue.

Market forces will not take very long to make this ISO standard idea a reality, the European Union has strict requirements for importation of ANYTHING into the EU, it MUST be certified as being CE compliant, that means "Certified European", in other words it must conform to international standards. The manufacturers will not turn their backs on a market that big for long.

Best of luck. ....

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-10          59263

I guess the big iron bar and the adjustable link are the (North)American way.

It is a bit surprising to hear about unified European standards considering how they get along with one another over there.

They are saddled with Germany and France but then we have California and I forget which Provence in Canada that goes haywire on them up there.

1stJD, I have six different items that attach to the three point. Not one of them has the same dimensions, and 4 of 6 carry the same brand name.

I-match is a good idea, but it runs afoul of the 7P's dogma. Your know about dogma? Dogma works fine until someone runs it over with their Karma.

Anyway, the 7P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

3 PT QUICK CONNECT

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-10          59270

Actually Mark the unified standards themselves was what the politicos used to sell the EU idea to the population.

Until the standards were enforced the old "this is how we've always done it" system prevailed, just like our (minor) problems with 3pth's and implements.

The sales pitch was "If everyone produces to the SAME standard dimensions you can now sell your 'widgets' to ALL of Europe, not just your little piece of it."

But for what it's worth, I still use the big steel bar...

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login