Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
wdscott
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-21          128089

Is there a stanard attachment or simple design for a tool carrier that would fit on a 3-point hitch? This would carry shovels, rakes etc and perhaps a chain saw.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-21          128091

You can buy a set of 3 pt forks and then build what you want on an old pallet. This allow double duty and the ability to set it down where you want. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-21          128094

I have the weight bucket deere sells for the 3pt to counte rthe mass of the loader. I filled mine with dirt. So I just jam the tools into the dirt and that holds them just fine. But I wouldn't recommend doing that with a chainsaw.

Another option besides forks is to buy an old 3pt implement and cut off what you don't want and build on what you do want for a tool holder. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-04-21          128099

Adding to what has already been shared there are frames like forks you bolt your wood onto for sale about $100.

Also small trailer, scoop bucket, and you could take a barrel or drum (probably would need to cut the length down), bolt on a draw bar and ears for 3rd arm to use. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-04-21          128100

Adding to what has already been shared there are frames like forks you bolt your wood onto for sale about $100.

Also small trailer, scoop bucket, and you could take a barrel or drum (probably would need to cut the length down), bolt on a draw bar and ears for 3rd arm to use. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-21          128111

Whatever you do, do not put them on top of the FEL. That is how I carried garden tools. The fiberglass handle on the shovel slipped behind the bucket. When I brought the FEL up the handle caught between the bucket and Hyd. fitting. It crushed the handle. It only loosen the fitting. If the handle had have been wood it would have broken the fitting clean off.

I have been thinking of putting a rack for garden tools from the ROP top to the fender. Clamped they should do just fine. This will make the tractor over all height greater. Just have to watch out for head room.

From my archives ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-21          128119

Quite by accident I found that three RubberMaid totes or bins fit nicely in the open space of my box 6' blade. It's great for picking up trash and things. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-21          128120

earthworks

I have a 3pt scraper blade that I use on the road, what will a box blade do for me. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-21          128122

Generally speaking with some differences, it's the same thing; box blade, scraper box, box scraper. A little trivia...the true "box scraper" from what I understand was invented for cleaning horse stalls, hence the rear- and front-facing scrapers (as you back into a stall you can scrape poop, and while you pull forward you scrape, well, poop). To my thinking, this explains why most "box blades" only have a front-facing blade indicating they were intended to be pulled over distances like on a road, etc..
There's different types of box scrapers too--I've seen some that have a trip handle that allows the operator to trip the "box" (though it's actually a drum shape) allowing it to roll over and dump its contents. travelling, it may dump it or or roll the other way and that will set the scarifiers in position. These are generally heavy boxes for larger machines. Others have a rear-facing blade that the operator can flip up out of the way (I'm not sure why you'd want to do that). I have a conventional type box that is rigid and has two fixed blades. To dump or empty it, I simply stop abruptly (easy to do with a hydrostat) which casues the contents to fall out. If that doesn't work I bounce it up and down and shake it loose. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-22          128128

People who need 3-point ballast will sometimes buy a ballast box and fill it with concrete. You can embed some PVC pipe in the concrete and use that to hold long handled items. ....

Tool Carrier

View my Photos
ksmmoto

2006-04-22          128134

I have a King Kutter Carry All Frame from TSC that I am going to build a platform on. I may buy a large plastic box to put chainsaws and tools in which I will set on the KK Platform. They run about $115.00 at TSC.

I have used my utility trailer behind the tractor for the same thing, but then it needs to be unhitched when move brush with the tractor. The platform could stay on.

ksmmoto ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login