Go Bottom Go Bottom

Qucik Connect Three Point Hitches

View my Photos
Marine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-26          108804

I THINK I want a quick connect system for my three point hitch on my JD 790 4 wheel drive. I understand that if I use a JD system, all implements must be JD. I have seen a brochure for Land Pride that claims it will fit many or most implements. The quality of my Land Pride finish mower is terrific. Anyone got any experience with quick hitches from any manufactirer?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-26          108805

The implements don't have to be the same brand, they just have to fit. There are a number of threads in the archives on this, but here's a link to one. ....

Link:   Quick hitch thread

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-03-27          108832

Land pride does have good equipment, I have some of theirs including their quick hitch. Pulling two pins makes the top hook adjustable up and down, I haven't found anything it won't fit yet. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Marine

2005-03-27          108857

Thanks for your input. I think that's the direct I am taking. ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-03-29          109036

Hardwood.....

Thanks for your response to Marine. I was looking through the various threads and came across your response which answers the question that I had about the Land Pride unit.

I was considering their QH15 to switch-out between a box scraper and tiller, it seems that this is the way to go from what I am reading. I am also considering getting a rear blade.

How much additional length does the QH15 insert? Related to that, with the Land Pride RTA1050's driveline having already been shortened-up to fit (on a Case DX24E), will I have to get a new driveline? I just don't know now if there will be enough "coupling from the two sliding pieces of the driveline. There should be as much overlap between the two, but how much is acceptable and remain useable and safe? There is nothing in the manual stating what the minimum overlap should be. I have not talked with the dealer about this yet either. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-03-30          109063

wr5evk8jj; I'll try to remember to measure that for you sometime today, but I'm guessing in the range of 3-3 1/2 in. Being your driveline has allready been shortened it won't be a safe operation to use it as is. Yes, your best plan is to check with your dealer. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2005-03-30          109065

Does anyone know if a Landpride quick hitch system will work with a Kubota 7510? I tried Pat's Easy Hitch and didn't like it -- it also made my top link too short as it extended my arms about 2 1/2 inches. I change implements much more than I thought I would and anything that will speed up the process would be great.

The implmenets I have (or am buying) if it makes a difference are a 4' Brush Hog, a 6' Buehl grader blade, a 48" KK box blade, a 5' KK mower, a modified carryall/work platform, and a Kubota 5'snowblower.

Thanks! ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2005-03-30          109066

Does anyone know if a Landpride quick hitch system will work with a Kubota 7510? I tried Pat's Easy Hitch and didn't like it -- it also made my top link too short as it extended my arms about 2 1/2 inches. I change implements much more than I thought I would and anything that will speed up the process would be great.

The implmenets I have (or am buying) if it makes a difference are a 4' Brush Hog, a 6' Buehl grader blade, a 48" KK box blade, a 5' KK mower, a modified carryall/work platform, and a Kubota 5'snowblower.

Thanks! ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-04-06          109500

Frank (and all)-- Thanks for responding to my query.

I was finally able to look further into the issue about the minimum overlap for PTO driveline to see if there were any standards or manufacturer "recommendations". After doing an online search (searching on "pto driveline overlap"), several sites came through correlating with the same information: the minimum overlap of the two PTO driveline halves is 6 inches. One good site that was visited giving the description and a diagram is with the one listed below.

The Land Pride QH15 Quick Hitch has been ordered; just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. After I get it installed, the first thing to be checked will be the tiller's driveline overlap. If overlap is less than 6 inches, then either I'll be using the tiller without the quick hitch (defeating the purpose for why I'm getting it), or getting the tiller's PTO driveline rebuilt. Just something to consider in the near-term. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-06          109504

You can buy a longer pto shaft and cut it to size fairly easily. I used a sawzall with bi-metal blade to cut mine to size. ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-04-06          109506

Thaks for the responses. Yep, I think that "Mr. Hacksaw" and me are going to reacquaint ourselves cutting-down a new shaft soon. Don't have a sawzall, but have used them in the past -- nice. ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-04-06          109531

There's a further update to this thread. An email response was received about the tiller's PTO driveline stating the following:

"Vender recommendations and industry standard is 1/3 PTO profile overlap. At maximum extinction (the furthest the drive line will extend while in use) you should have 1/3 of the shafts overlapped. Any equipment that is to use a QH15 will need approximately 4 1/2" more length than for a standard set up. I feel that you may need to get a new driveline or profiles if your unit has been shortened for that sub-compact and you are adding a quick hitch."

So, there we are. Somehow, I still will feel better knowing there is more than adequate overlap in the PTO driveline. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login