Go Bottom Go Bottom

can you verify this

View my Photos
seanreynolds
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-06          136648

I have a B2710 Kubota hydrostat. It has about 3000 hrs.Ive been fairly consistent w/my filter changes.Im now experiencing a drastic power loss when under a load. engine sounds fine ,just no power when trying to grade now.some so called mech. said he talked to a kubota mech. about the problem and was told it was an internal hyd. pump,[i already changed the one on the side of the engine],and the part alone was $3000.00 plus another $2000.00 for the labor. can this be true??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

can you verify this

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-06          136649

Must be an exellent mechanic that can diagnose the problems as a pump with a $5000 bill over the phone. I can think of two or three things it could be would give the same symptoms and not be caused by a warn hydro pump. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-07          136652

Yeah, I'd start with something a little more basic - and lot less expensive; Remove the air filter element and see if the problem persists. If yes, remove the muffler and try again.

//greg// ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-11-07          136653

Why not go direct to the Kubota dealer yourself? 99% of those friend of a froend who knows a fellow type deals cost more in the end than going direct to someone qualified to fix it. Been there done that. Frank. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-07          136717

When you say power loss, what do you mean? Is the engine making power but it's not going to the wheels or is the engine lugging but the wheels are turning? A bad or worn out hydrostat will be like driving a car with a bad clutch in that the engine will rev but the car won't move or is very slow and is easily stopped under load offering little or no resistance. Couple of things to look at: It should not be hard to pressure check the system by the dealer---ask them if they are set up to do that as they'll need specifications to make sure the pump is in operating pressure range. In the event the pump and/or the motor are worn they should be rebuildable (my USA-made equipment has been) It wasn't cheap for my mid-size backhoe--$1700 (half the cost of new) (I did the R&R myself) but they rebuilt the pump and motor for that price (they would rebuild the pump BUT if I didn't have them rebuild the motor there was no warranty on the pump---nice). Look around for a supplier on the Net--some guys say they rebuild them but they don't--- they farm it out and make $300-$1000 for "touching" it for you. Go to the source if you can find it. It shouldn't be that hard to replace the pump or motor. On my 33hp NH hydro you have to split the tractor and remove the pump which also contains the motor all in one unit. Beware of "engineering companies" who will tell you they "will have a qualified engineer inspect and test" your pump and motor for an outrageous fee. This is one of those guys who is "touching" it for you. All they are going to do is send it out to a rebuilder. And with all due respect to the rebuilders, having a deadline to keep, I drove 4 hours each way to personally take my units to the rebuilder. I watched them rebuild it in less than 30 minutes---plus got the 50-cent tour of the 200,000 sq ft facility. None were "engineers" by any stretch of the imagination, and the "testing equipment" consisted of an air ratchet to take them apart and a digital caliper to measure the little pistons for wear. It turns out speaking to the owner of the rebuilding company, the "local" engineering firm that I originally contacted would have sent my pump and motor to the same rebuilder I was talking to. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
seanreynolds

2006-11-07          136721

earthworks- Yes- Thats excatly whats happening[good description].As far as the rest of your comments,I couldnt recieve the rest of it as Im not yet a premium member. however im signing up as soon as im done typing this. As far as the person suggesting I talk to The kubota dealer directly, my reason is that Ive not had very good service or advise from them in the past so dont even want to go there ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
oneace

2006-11-08          136723

So find another dealer and talk to them. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
seanreynolds

2006-11-08          136731

Come on,... Thats no fun, thats too easy,! ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-08          136732

Sean, buddy, where's your "Premium Membership" LOL? All jokng aside, you'll find the membership is worth the money. Refer to the recent post called "c-ya" and responses by other newbies to it. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
Art White

2006-11-08          136734

Clogged filter,possibly worn pump from improper oil,weak relief valve. Your background tells me that it is worked but it is a unique failure but should be easily fixed. Can I replace your next pump for 5000? ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
seanreynolds

2006-11-09          136778

earthworks-whew! Finally got the p-membership-,I read your entire feedback reply....Thank you.,just out of curiosity,did you just go to "tractor rebuilders"on the net to find your source?if not what kind of heading did you enter?Ill try some seaching in the mean time if I can get some time .. thanks again ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-10          136780

No I got my info from the University of Hardknocks. LOL!
I've had to learn the hard (an usually expensive) way.
As far a rebuilder goes, the one I dealt with is on the west side of lower Michigan. It has the intials of P&L or P&J J&J or J&L or something like that-- Hydraulics (I did s search and nothing comes up). The guy knows what he's doing. That said---make sure you have done your research first. He's what I call and opportunistic businessman so if he sees a crack in your $ armor so to speak you might be charged more than if you kept looking. He tried that with me when he talked me into buying a gear pump while I was there for the other pump. He added $300 to the retail price and then told me I had to not only pay him for it right then, but I had to call in the order to his supplier and pay for shipping (he wasn't even touching it it was direct ship to me---BS!). When I found this out once I got home what he was up to I went ballastic, and he took off his $300 markup for doing nothing. On top of that he sold me the wrong rotation of pump and I had to send it back to the supplier adding another week---that's how I found out the bogus $300 markup on a $180 retail pump from the supplier.

The "engineering" company I wouldn't deal with that supposedly "tests" them is in Southfield, Michigan.

Also, for a search do Kubota, (your model), hydraulic pump, hydrotsat... and see what comes up. Then add/or try variations of the above with rebuilt, rebuilder, core charge. Also look up Kubota, tractor, dismantle, recycle, recycler, bone yard. ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
ronald65

2006-11-18          137086

Just a Thought, I had a crushed Hydraulic Line under my tractor,My dealer found it when i had the tractor in to add remote electric/hydraulic for Grapple.It hadn't caused me any problems,but it could have.I had been up on a stump while Logging. Have you been in the rough stuff? Ron ....

can you verify this

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-11-19          137091

Nice pics Ronald! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login