Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rhino 75

View my Photos
tractorbrad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-19          98739

Stopped by my New Holland dealer today for some filters and notice that he had a new TC30 with a Rhino 75 backhoe on it. I asked the price and was told installed on my TC33D with two buckets it would be $5700. I know that Rhino makes the New Holland backhoe and he even mentioned that the brackets when they came in had the New holland part numbers on them. He also stated that I could get the New Holland credit card and have 6 months same as cash. This seems like a good price for todays market.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rhino 75

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-19          98750

Real nice backhoes too!
I've been real pleased with my Rhino 85. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-20          98803

Brad I bought a Rhino 75 in April, paid $4900.00 installed. It has worked great. I am in the middle of doing some constuction on my house and had to move some large shrubs and trees as well as dig the footer. I had a friend that is a landscaper move the trees. I let him use my machine he has a JD 4310. I was suprised when He told me he thought my hoe was nicer, better and stronger than his. He also said he would look at NH before his next purchase. good luck ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-20          98843

Thanks for the comments !! The prices of things just keep going up in a hurry and I'm kinda thinking that if'n I don't pull the trigger now and get what I want it will just be more in the spring. Although I don't know if it will be a pure dollar saver it will sure make some of the projects I have easier and some will just get done in a more timely manner. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-20          98848

I used my Rhino 85 a lot this summer while building our new house.
Dug 880' of water line ditch 40" deep.
Over 600'' of electric line ditch 40" deep.
And over 500' of drainage ditch around 18" deep (still working on these, got more digging to do).
My Rhino 85 worked great, the only problem to watch out for is where the backhoe mounts to the subframe, I had problems with the bolts coming loose. After several times of retightening the bolts I welded my subframe to the backhoe. No more loose bolts !! ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-22          99072

Went and saw my dealer today and it's a done deal. I take my tractor in next Thursday to get the backhoe put on. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-22          99075

Congratulations on the new backhoe.
The backhoe/subframe hog up quite a bit of storage space when detached, but attaching/detaching is relatively quick and easy and they are nice working backhoes.
Good luck with it.. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-22          99079

tractorbrad,
picture #5 , #15 and #19 in my photos shows my Rhino 85 attached.
I run it on a Kioti DK 35. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-23          99096

Nice looking rig Vince. When looking at it the dealer told my oldest son and me how easy to put on/take off it was but before it goes back on the trailer I'll make sure we do it once just so I know for sure. ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-10-31          99594

>the dealer told my oldest son and me
>how easy to put on/take off it was

I have the Rhino 75 on a Kubota 3830. The only problem I've had with mounting it is when I put the thing in the old barn once on relatively soft dirt. It was a comedy of errors. First, the stabilizers sank into the ground and wouldn't lift the frame enough. I put 2x12s under for support. It lifted enough but shifted the thing sideways a bit. Repeat several times. Now it's too far to one side so I can't back the tractor straight over it. Turn the tractor around and use the loader to slide the whole thing a bit away from the wall. Repeat at least once. Level the 2x12s better to keep it from sliding. Get frustrated. Pound stakes into the ground to keep it from sliding. Finally get it attached.

Next time I parked it on hard gravel. That worked much better but it did tend to slide back when trying to seat it in the subframe. I think it would be far better to park it on concrete with some way to keep it from sliding back. Even better would be to get some more practice. I've only had the thing on and off about three times.

The backhoe itself is wonderful. Planted lots of trees, dug out some BIG poplar/pine/locust stumps, buried a maple log for spalting, dug a pit for hog roasting, etc. I haven't tried digging any ditches yet.

JKJ ....

Rhino 75

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-11-01          99663

I'm not sure if the subframe for a 3830 is similar to the one on my DK or not.
I back over the subframe close to where it hooks up and set the tractor brake (to keep tractor from moving during hookup).
I connect the backhoe hoses and us the backhoe bucket and boom to move the subframe into position for hookup, this way I can easily move the subframe up or down, or side to side for easy hookup.
Hookup usually takes around 5 minutes.

Rhino 75

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-11-01          99685

The pitfalls taking off and putting on the hoe is good info to know but for right now I just need more time learning the controls. My sons who are in their early twenties and grew up with video games just look at levers and knobs and good things happen for them as I struggle to get the hang of things. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login