Go Bottom Go Bottom

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Millstone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-17          62028

I understand Amerequip makes backhoes for Great Bend, Bush Hog and John Deere. Does anyone know who makes New Holland and Woods backhoes? Which is the best and how much is the right price for a 7.5' hoe on a TC33D?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-22          62445

Wood's makes Wood's backhoes. I forgot who makes New Holland's backhoes. Maybe the other guys will know.

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Millstone

2003-08-25          62674

I was hoping for more discussion on backhoes. The maker of these hoes may only be two or three total. If that is correct, then shopping for the best price from a qualality hoe manufacturer is more simple. Is their any negatives comments anyone has on particular brands? ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-25          62682

Millstone,

They are all good backhoes, hold on to your wallet because in addition to being GOOD they are ALL over $5500 give or take and that won't include a subframe to fit your make and model of tractor. The price of a compatable subframe made to fit the hoe and your tractor will run you another 500 plus. I will assume you will hook up the hoe to your tractor hydraulics? If you opt for a separate PTO driven backhoe hydraulic pump add another 600, and in my opinion it is not a bad investment for the separate pump and especially the the "must have" subframe.

Jeffr ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-08-25          62683

Seems like they should be cheaper directly from the supplier. My JD deler will sell me the backhoe for around $5500 and that,s with their markup and it's already green :)

Seems like not such a bad deal considering I would get service through the local JD dealer as opposed to dealing with the REAL manufacturer who has less of a support network. ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-08-25          62685

Either you can't buy directly from the supplier or if you can the suppliers price is not any cheaper. How long you thing GM's car dealer network would be in place if GM sold direct cheaper than their dealer network???? Same thing in backhoe manufacturers.

JeffR ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-08-25          62687

"Either you can't buy directly from the supplier or if you can the suppliers price is not any cheaper. How long you thing GM's car dealer network would be in place if GM sold direct cheaper than their dealer network???? Same thing in backhoe manufacturers."

Not really the same thing. GM is the parent company, I don't expect them to sell cheaper than say a Chevy dealer would. I am talking about entirely different company here. In the case of the backhoes where you can buy from the manufacturer it is esentially factory direct where it is common place to get things cheaper. They have less overhead and no middle man. Computers are a prime example I HAVE bought from the manufacturer at much lower prices for the same machine the big names sell. Only difference is there was an empty space where the emblem would go! A little detective work and you figure out which model it would have been. In electronics this is common, I have bought TVs and VCRs under the same cicumstances.

If you want to consider the backhoe to be a part,rather than a complete item than in many cases I CAN also buy parts directly from the manufacturer who supply the dealers cheaper than I can from the GM or Ford dealer. Dana, Navistar etc.all have original equipment parts on the market much cheaper than are available from the auto manufacturers they supply.

Either way it seems there should be at least some price break when I buy a backhoe from the manufacturer or a 3rd party who can't offer the same support network of JD or NH etc. JD can still sell if Woods (just example I don't know who makes them) is charging $500 less than them for the same backhoe just because of the paint not clashing with my tractor let alone the support they offer. It baffles me how there is almost no savings to the consumer when they buy 'other' name backhoes. I wouldn't do it for a small savings.

The auto dealers get away with charging twice what the SAME part that is available through other sources. People are too lazy or don't know they can often go to other sources. That is why I buy Navistar parts whenever I can rather than Ford ;)

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Millstone

2003-08-30          62936

Nobody seems to have a preference toward any brand, that is good news. Maybe all are quality built and have equal performance. If any major problems have shown up in a brand, I am sure many would be expressing their concerns. I plan to shop for a local dealer with the best deal. ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Fishhead

2003-10-15          66319

The Woods 7500 and NH 757 look to be the quality hoes on the market. Anybody have recent price quotes including subframe and pump kit? ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Ditchboy

2003-10-26          67148

Does anyone have quotes for a Woods 7500 with subframe and pumpkit? What are the best choices for buckets for general excavation and trenching for waterlines/electric service? ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-10-26          67149

I went with a Rhino 85 backhoe for my DK 35.
Seems to be very well built,works great,price was very good.
And the subframe and hoe came in an exact color match to my Kioti. ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Millstone

2003-10-27          67272

What did the Rhino cost for everything? ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-10-27          67278

I got an excellant deal.
Rhino 85 backhoe,subframe,HD 18" bucket,hydraulic hose kit and fittings to plum into tractor hydraulics $5200.
This price was in the crate loaded into my truck,I did the final assembly (put on bucket,assemble subframe,install hoses and fittings to plug into tractor).
Backhoe digs 8 1/2' with 11' reach. ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-10-29          67509

OVER $6000.00 ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
mtnfever

2004-07-31          92411

I have a Davis D-100-A backhoe can anyone tell me where i can find new or used operation levers for this unit?
Also my hydrolic hook up going out the back runs my loader if I unhook two of them to run the hoe i can't operate the loader. How can i change this to run both as needed without changing the lines all the time?
Thanks Michael ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
jeff r

2004-07-31          92414

Buy yourself a PTO hydro pump and hook your backhoe into the PTO pump. Hook your frontloader back up the way it is suppose to be run. Problem solved. running your backhoe off your loader requires special plumbing. PTO fix is a simpler solution. ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
mtnfever

2004-08-02          92550

Jeff thank you for your input. I would rather not use pto pump. I will have to get local help with plumbing lines. don't have local allis dealer around here so will find some one thanks.
Michael ....

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-08-02          92551

"right price for a 7.5' hoe on a TC33D?"
Pardon me for saying so but if your Tractor is still under warranty you might be money ahead to return to your dealer and let them install their brand with the kit made to match your Tractor...
just a thought!!
Dean

PS see my pics, I couldn't ask for a more balanced strong unit!!

Backhoe Manufacturers

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-03          92636

TO ANSWER THE 1ST QUESTION,,Rhino builds New Hollands backhoe,,if you find a Rhino Dealer,like Tarheel Tractor ( a sponsor of this room) it is the same hoe,EXACTLY,but about $800 less,,if financing it with a NH tractor,,ya cant get the 0% rate,,it is about 1% higher(the finance rate) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login